2013 Summer Festivals

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

2013 Summer Festivals

Post by Aaron »

So what festivals do you think the guys will play?
Personally I think they are getting big enough in Europe to play Download as a sub-headliner

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: 2013 Summer Festivals

Post by anguyen92 »

You think that AB is pretty big enough there to play a headlining show and get at least 90 min.? The last time they played Download festival, they got a good setlist. 11 songs, which is close to 45 min. to an hour? I don't think it's going to happen in 2013, but I believe in the band long enough that they can do something like this before 2020 if they make it that long.

Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Aaron »

I'm just talking in comparison to the scale of the other shows they have played in Europe. Queens of the Stone Age have played Wembley I'm sure and they're subheadlining so it's entirely possible that AB are big enough to get that spot at another festival

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Aaron wrote:I'm just talking in comparison to the scale of the other shows they have played in Europe. Queens of the Stone Age have played Wembley I'm sure and they're subheadlining so it's entirely possible that AB are big enough to get that spot at another festival
Oh, I thought you meant the headlining main event band of the day, but you just referring to the 2nd of the main stage or headlining the 2nd stage(?). Sure, maybe AB is big enough to fill that slot.

Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Aaron »

I meant 2nd of the main stage :)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Well, if they come to Belgium I hope they won't play Graspop Metal Meeting, but something like Rock Werchter. They've played Graspop once, and Slash played there twice. It just doesn't fit. It's a metal festival. Playing on more commercial festivals like Rock Werchter (which always has amazing bands like Pearl Jam, Rammstein, Muse, Mastodon...) would be a better fit.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Circles
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Circles »

Aaron wrote:I'm just talking in comparison to the scale of the other shows they have played in Europe. Queens of the Stone Age have played Wembley I'm sure and they're subheadlining so it's entirely possible that AB are big enough to get that spot at another festival
QOTSA are much bigger than AB here
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOSH NEW BOARD

philgeorge1
Brand New Start

Post by philgeorge1 »

Isn't Myles playing a festival with Slash in the summer though?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

He's only playing Ozfest so far
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

They are able to take main stages on RAR, RIP and Download. But are they really going to finish the new album before May?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They might finish it before May, but it probably won't be out before october/nobember. I wouldn't be surprised if Slash gets the summer festivals.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Timotheus wrote:He's only playing Ozfest so far
I think that may be indicative of Slash & Myles' intent to play the European summer festivals, rather than Alter Bridge :/. I highly doubt the guys would try to tackle two simultaneous tours, with Myles alternating between Slash and AB shows.

philgeorge1
Brand New Start

Post by philgeorge1 »

abw1987 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:He's only playing Ozfest so far
I think that may be indicative of Slash & Myles' intent to play the European summer festivals, rather than Alter Bridge :/. I highly doubt the guys would try to tackle two simultaneous tours, with Myles alternating between Slash and AB shows.
I agree - although the guys keep saying 'x year is for x band' it never seems to be a definite 12 months. AB will put together the new album in January / Feb, with Mark and Myles back out on tour straight after that. Myles at festivals with Slash in the summer, new AB album out in August time then a tour from October - December, maybe over into Jan - Feb 2014. My prediction anyway!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

There no way the 4th album will be out in augustus. I predict it will be out in october, like last time. It's kinda the same situation.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Yeah, if they are getting together to write it in January, they likely won't have time to record it until the Slash and Tremonti tours finish up. Assuming they record in the April-May timeframe, I suppose an August release date is possible, but I'd bet on a fall release. Maybe a single in August.