What's Your Favourite Alter Bridge Moment?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jim
Blood Machines

What's Your Favourite Alter Bridge Moment?

Post by Jim »

Over the last 8 years there have been so many things happen to The Alter Bridge Nation, I was just wondering if anyone had any specific moments that happened, that they especially like..?

For instance, something the band decided.. Or a live show you saw.. Or when a certain guitar came out.. Or when you first heard Blackbird.. Or something along those lines. Not just a concert memory, but an outstanding moment that you like to think "fuck yeah that actually happened! THAT'S why i love this band!"

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Re: What's Your Favourite Alter Bridge Moment?

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

Blackbird - London Astoria - January 2008. Front row at an AB gig, and they pull that bad boy out of the bag. I don't remember time passing or any details, just that I was absolutely transfixed for the whole song. It was a really weird trance-like state. That's easily my best gig-moment ever, by a long way.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

When I downloaded the live version of 'Open Your Eyes' from Jimmy Kimmel Live off of Videopimp back in the summer of '04. The studio track was fine and dandy but hearing this unknown singer to me called Myles Kennedy nailing all the notes live really sealed the deal. That and seeing Mark shred the solo.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Any time, Myles was singing/playing acoustically Watch Over You on the live DVDs. Always gets a great reaction, and manages to get everyone around him to sing along with him. Always warms the soul.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Just finding out about the band really. Listening to all their songs twice a day for months and not getting sick of it. That has to be my favourite memory.

Meeting Myles in Antwerp after their show was really cool. There were almost no people outside so we kinda had him for ourselves :D Talking with Brian one year later in Brussels about bassguitars was very cool too, since I'm a bassist.

I remember the excitement I had for ABIII when Michael Tremonti was posting all these spoilers on this board :D I don't think I'll ever be excited for an upcoming record like that time again, lol

There are more. I'll post some more later :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

anguyen92 wrote:Any time, Myles was singing/playing acoustically Watch Over You on the live DVDs. Always gets a great reaction, and manages to get everyone around him to sing along with him. Always warms the soul.
I always thought he should have done this with Slash as well, instead of Rise Today. It's a better song, Myles really shines when it's him and a guitar, and the rest of the guys need a rest too, especially poor Fitz!

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Creed reunion
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Probably seeing them in Columbus back in 07 a day before my birthday. It was super cold & my friends & I waited for hours to get in. One of the guys working for the venue came out & announced that the people waiting could come in for soundcheck & a meet and greet. So... we got free pizza and posters & got to meet the band + watch them soundcheck which was unbelievable. This was the day that Myles was very sick but he came out to greet everyone anyway. Regardless of him not being able to sing that well the crowd carried him through most of the show and it was an awesome experience. We were front row in front of Mark as well.

EDIT: I also remember Flip being incredibly funny & generous. He recorded a ringtone for my friend that had a few loud curse words but it was hilarious lol and he also gave a fan the shirt off his back which was incredibly nice. I think it was a Zildjian shirt.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Macca wrote:Creed reunion
fack aff ya blooday wankah

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

AB23 wrote:
Macca wrote:Creed reunion
fack aff ya blooday wankah

+100000000000000000000000000000000. Fak aff Makka.

Their first show in Poland, definitely. June '11. I remember when I was standing in front of the stage waiting for the first notes of Slip To the Void and feeling the growing excitement inside of me :yes
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

i honestly think my favorite memory was just me getting into the band. after the 05 derby, i thought id give the band a shot. i had yet in my life to find a great band that i enjoy listening to on a daily basis. i first heard down to my last, and i remember just thinking "yes!" then i moved on to broken wings and it kept building as i went on to shed my skin and then burn it down and then find the real. i dont think anything will ever top that feeling of "ive finally found my band"

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Der_Metzgermeister wrote:Blackbird - London Astoria - January 2008. Front row at an AB gig, and they pull that bad boy out of the bag. I don't remember time passing or any details, just that I was absolutely transfixed for the whole song. It was a really weird trance-like state. That's easily my best gig-moment ever, by a long way.
Will always consider that the best Alter Bridge concert i ever attended. They were perfect that night, i was up on the balcony with half the major UK fans (the other half on the rail with you), and it was simply the best show.

I'm gonna have to think about mine..

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I'm going to take this opportunity to tell a story that doesn't come specifically from the Alter Bridge era, but helped to lay the groundwork for the formation of the band, and my intense loyalty to the Tremonti family.

So it's late in 2002. I've been a giant Creed fan for a few years now, but all of us on the CreedPit message board see the writing on the wall. The wheels are coming off the Creedwagon. There have been reports of some particularly crappy shows, Stapp doing his best Axl impressions at some shows. But, regardless, a group of us decided to get together for the show in Chicago. Yes, that show. We didn't know we were going to be a witness to history when we made these plans, we simply wanted to get together for a Creed show before it was too late.

Now, in the months prior to this, Mark's brother, Michael, began to get involved on the board at CreedPit. Bringing us news, and information from the "inside" at times. He even got Mark to jump on the board and post, and come into the chat room for a few minutes when they were all together on Christmas. We were all ecstatic, and it only brought our level of excitement for the show coming up a few days later even higher. Now, thanks to this "connection," I was going to attempt to make a sort of delivery - my friend Jess (known here on this board in the past as JessieLovesCreed) had made a gift for Stapp, and Michael was going to meet up with us at the show to help get it delivered to him.

So, the day comes, and the show begins. And we all know what happened - Stapp was drunk off his keister, and who knows what else. And God bless those other boys in the band, they played their hearts out trying to make it up to the fans. Say I went on for nearly 15 minutes of instrumentals, Mark shredding, Brett (Hestla, touring bassist at the time), and Flip doing all they could to keep the focus off Scott and onto them. Now I have to admit that I was a bit of a Stapp fan up till then. I'd drank the kool-aid. But the way those guys handled the show, that alone was enough for me to see them all in a new light. I even remember looking up at Mark from the second row, with admiration, and saying to myself, "okay, Mark, this is your band now." If only I knew how almost right I was.

Prior to Creed's set, Michael and his squeeze at the time, Denise, had come out to the rail to chat with us, and would have taken that gift for Stapp then if I'd have brought it in - I didn't want to carry it around all night so I'd left it in the car. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as he gave me instructions on where to leave it after the show. Security wouldn't let me go back to where their cars were, however, but they did let us go back in the building to try to find them. We ran into Denise, who went and got Michael, and we made our delivery. What happened next was the stuff of legends.

They asked if we'd had the opportunity to meet Mark yet. At this point, only two of us (myself and my friend Kayla) were inside doing this while the rest of our people were waiting outside by the cars. And we said no, we hadn't, so they told us to wait there for a second. They waved us in, and we ended up coming into a room where Mark and his family were hanging out, Mark playing some ping pong (which was his hobby of choice on the road at that time). Eventually the rest of our party got to join us, and after Mark finished his game, he took what was probably 5 or 10 minutes but felt like an eternity hanging out, talking to all of us, taking pictures, etc. None of us had anything with us for him to sign, so he signed all the ping pong paddles and balls and gave them to us -- my Tremonti signed ping pong paddle is still proudly displayed in my living room! He probably would have stayed and chatted with us for hours, but his family did end up shooing him along soon enough so they could get out of there and enjoy some time at home.

That was the moment. After the things Stapp had pulled that night, nobody would have begrudged Mark or anybody else one bit had they stormed out of the building and not wanted to talk to anybody. But they didn't. Mark, Michael, their dad, they all stuck around and treated a handful of fans like we were kings of the world. That was the moment I knew that this family knew what it was all about. When I heard rumor that they were starting "the new band," I knew that regardless of how I felt about the music, I was going to support Mark and the band 100%. And luckily for me, they came out and blew all my expectations and wonder out of the water with One Day Remains, and continue to do so with every release they bring forth.

Even when we complain about the labels, the management surrounding them, at their hearts, these guys know how to treat their fans like gold. The music keeps me around, but their humility and true appreciation for what they have is what truly makes me a fan.

Long live the Bridge!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Awesome story Brian. What a night that must have been.

My favorite moment would have to be that whole summer where Alter Bridge had just escaped from Wind-Up. They were playing summer festivals over in Europe, and every so often a clip of a new song would make its way onto the internet. I don't think the AB fan base has ever been as excited for the band's future. There was this whole feeling that the guys were about to do some great things.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

The first time I met Mark Tremonti, he walked off the bus, and I fainted on concrete.

That's my awesome Alter Bridge story, and the reason Brian Marshall pretty much knows me forever. lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don't have a lot of really cool moments with the band, but when I saw them at Carnival of Madness in 2011 me and my friend parked right across from all the tour buses since the venue was so small. Didn't see any of the band members but Ian Keith was out and about haha. The guys completely rocked that night too. Slip to the Void and Buried Alive were so fun to hear live. That day was also the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, and they dedicated Blackbird to the people lost in that tragedy. I thought that was a really special moment.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

mtshaw3
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mtshaw3 »

Andy92 wrote:I don't have a lot of really cool moments with the band, but when I saw them at Carnival of Madness in 2011 me and my friend parked right across from all the tour buses since the venue was so small. Didn't see any of the band members but Ian Keith was out and about haha. The guys completely rocked that night too. Slip to the Void and Buried Alive were so fun to hear live. That day was also the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, and they dedicated Blackbird to the people lost in that tragedy. I thought that was a really special moment.
I was there too! Remember, we were supposed to try to meet up!

My favorite moment was when we voted like crazy to get Watch Over You to number 2 on the VH1 Top 20 Countdown and how excited I was when they showed the video! It was so cool to be a part of that. Such a mainstream and pop dominated show and we were able to battle to get AB to number 2! It felt amazing and that's when I knew AB had the greatest fans in the world.
Huge thanks to Andy! Love my new sig!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

mtshaw3 wrote:
Andy92 wrote:I don't have a lot of really cool moments with the band, but when I saw them at Carnival of Madness in 2011 me and my friend parked right across from all the tour buses since the venue was so small. Didn't see any of the band members but Ian Keith was out and about haha. The guys completely rocked that night too. Slip to the Void and Buried Alive were so fun to hear live. That day was also the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, and they dedicated Blackbird to the people lost in that tragedy. I thought that was a really special moment.
I was there too! Remember, we were supposed to try to meet up!
Yeah man I remember that! By the time the concert came around I think I forgot to message you :lol Next time they swing around this area we'll have to try to see if we're both going to it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

itaughttremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by itaughttremonti »

Probably listening to broken wings 3000 times before realizing there were other songs on ODR...still one of the best overall albums I've ever heard.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

mtshaw3 wrote:My favorite moment was when we voted like crazy to get Watch Over You to number 2 on the VH1 Top 20 Countdown and how excited I was when they showed the video! It was so cool to be a part of that. Such a mainstream and pop dominated show and we were able to battle to get AB to number 2! It felt amazing and that's when I knew AB had the greatest fans in the world.
Ah man, that was cool. One of many examples of the passion of AB's fan base.