Alter Bridge May and June Tour 2023 (Festivals, and shows with Sevendust or Mammoth WVH)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Alter Bridge May and June Tour 2023 (Festivals, and shows with Sevendust or Mammoth WVH)

Post by anguyen92 »

Hmmmmm. I don't know how I want to this sort this one, since there isn't many dates and the shows for Europe is on the low end for now. So I'm including the small May leg with Sevendust in this thread.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/alter-bri ... -sevendust

Neat Poster. If only I can properly link it.

Edit: All right, I've edited this thread to make this a little better. Here you go.

Including the Europe tour and they got Mammoth WVH for their headlining shows again.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 732484620/
Last edited by anguyen92 on Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 11 times in total.

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Europe Tour 2023

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:02 am Well, I was doing some browsing on the AB website and I noted this festival show in Norway on the schedule and thought to bring it up and decided to create a thread to discuss the Summer festival shows for 2023.

https://en.concerts-metal.com/concert_- ... 28240.html

Well, it's a weird mixture with Motley Crue, Def Leppard, and Europe having their defined demographics, and you think have AB as an outlier. Oh well, a gig is a gig.
The Dogs and D-A-D are kinda out of place as well. Obviously, I'd guess they'd bring a Scandinavian band for this festival (D-A-D).
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

kali39
Brand New Start

Post by kali39 »

It seems they will also be in Spain around the end of June

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Good news, they'll be back in Hellfest in France. Bad news, they're with the Motley Crue and Def Leppard bill. Well, in all fairness, the other days' headliners aren't really a great fit for AB other than maybe Iron Maiden and Porcupine Tree. I guess it's better than being on the Pantera and Slipknot day for them. Coheed and Cambria is in the stage where Kiss and Hollywood Vampires are playing. Now that's a weird billing.

tight rhythym
Brand New Start

Post by tight rhythym »

so far I just see a few festival dates in June. Anybody know if they are doing another headlining European leg in the summer?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Spring/Summer Tour 2023 (May Tour with Sevendust and Festivals)

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, updated the thread since I don't know if I want to create another thread. A few shows with Sevendust. Neat. Not really in areas that I want to take a trip to go to. I thought about New Orleans, but it's not on a weekend.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge May and June Tour 2023 (Festivals, and shows with Sevendust and Mammoth WVH)

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, updated the thread to make it a little more cleaner and to add the Europe shows. I kinda want to Holland for the Tilburg show. I heard 013 is a fantastic venue that hosted a lot of great metal shows and AB has played there a couple of times. That said, I'm beat when I'm traveling three time zones. Imagine how loopy I'm going to be traveling through 9 time zones and back.

The first date that's been whiteout. That's going to be them at Download then right?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge May and June Tour 2023 (Festivals, and shows with Sevendust or Mammoth WVH)

Post by Mr. Slash »

So weird that they'll be skipping Rock am Ring this year, as it seems.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge May and June Tour 2023 (Festivals, and shows with Sevendust or Mammoth WVH)

Post by riemslag1 »

I don't think their tour-schedule for the European summer is complete yet.
And yes, the Tilburg venue is one of the best I've ever been !
If you ever wanted to come over to Europe...........................................

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:49 pm So weird that they'll be skipping Rock am Ring this year, as it seems.
That's so sad :( The only chance of having a decent Pro-shoot of them live in festivals, why would they skip RaR?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Whitebird wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:13 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:49 pm So weird that they'll be skipping Rock am Ring this year, as it seems.
That's so sad :( The only chance of having a decent Pro-shoot of them live in festivals, why would they skip RaR?
Maybe they are tired of things going so badly at the RaR proshots? The track record hasn't been great.

2011 - Wasn't the full set, because the hosts talked at the beginning of the set thus skipping Slip to the Void.
2014 - The hosts talked at the beginning of the set again, skipping Addicted to Pain
2017 - Finally get to watch a full set. Their guitars sounds low on stream and Brian's bass had to carry that one.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, now it's confirmed. AB will be at Download and it looks they will be playing right before Metallica. Per Halestorm's twitter, whose playing in the same day as well.

https://twitter.com/Halestorm/status/16 ... 4361849858

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:08 pm All right, now it's confirmed. AB will be at Download and it looks they will be playing right before Metallica. Per Halestorm's twitter, whose playing in the same day as well.

https://twitter.com/Halestorm/status/16 ... 4361849858
THAT IS ONE HELL OF A LINEUP.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

Download is a multiple stage event, so it's possible AB might headline another stage and clash with Metallica. Anyone confirm one way or the other, as I'm literally going to have to wait for that to be confirmed before even considering going for the day.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Trenthetfield wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:19 pm Download is a multiple stage event, so it's possible AB might headline another stage and clash with Metallica. Anyone confirm one way or the other, as I'm literally going to have to wait for that to be confirmed before even considering going for the day.
I think festivals try not to have anyone clash with the main headliner. Therefore the headliner of another stage would still be playing before the main headliner plays on the main stage.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:19 pm
Trenthetfield wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:19 pm Download is a multiple stage event, so it's possible AB might headline another stage and clash with Metallica. Anyone confirm one way or the other, as I'm literally going to have to wait for that to be confirmed before even considering going for the day.
I think festivals try not to have anyone clash with the main headliner. Therefore the headliner of another stage would still be playing before the main headliner plays on the main stage.
Have to respectfully disagree with that. Looking at stage times for Download last year over 3 nights, plenty of other acts playing while headliners did their thing. Myles in fact was playing on one stage while Biffy Clyro were headlining. It does however look like the 2nd stage stops as the headliner starts, and there's no way AB will be on anything lower than 2nd stage if they're not directly on before 'tallica on the main one. So probably worrying about nothing..."

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Trenthetfield wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:16 pm
Have to respectfully disagree with that. Looking at stage times for Download last year over 3 nights, plenty of other acts playing while headliners did their thing. Myles in fact was playing on one stage while Biffy Clyro were headlining. It does however look like the 2nd stage stops as the headliner starts, and there's no way AB will be on anything lower than 2nd stage if they're not directly on before 'tallica on the main one. So probably worrying about nothing..."
There really should be no chance at all that AB agrees to this date if they are playing at the same time as Metallica. No way Mark would agree with that since he probably wants to watch Metallica from the side of the stage on the same day.

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:49 pm
Trenthetfield wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:16 pm
There really should be no chance at all that AB agrees to this date if they are playing at the same time as Metallica. No way Mark would agree with that since he probably wants to watch Metallica from the side of the stage on the same day.
You make a very good point! :rockon

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

How cool ist that??? Alter Bridge was announced to play the first edition of Summerside Festival in Grenchen, Switzerland (23th and 24th of June). Other bands to play are Billy Talent, Seether, Within Temptation, Hollywood Vampires, Volbeat, Broilers, Airbourne and Five Finger Death Punch.
The veeery cool thing about that is that the festival takes place 15-20 minutes by car from my home :dance :peace

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Whitebird wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:13 pm
I would argue that Graspop has some pretty good proshots of their bands. Look who's playing Graspop this year....

https://www.facebook.com/10004427827723 ... tid=Nif5oz
Did they drop out of Trondheim Rocks? That was supposed to be on the 11th.
Last edited by maximzub on Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!