Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by Mr. Slash »

I never care too much about this type of announcement which Tremonti made. Every artist tries to push their upcoming album by explaining how revolutionary it will be. Slash's new album are always the best stuff he has ever made. And in the end we received stuff like Apocalyptic Love or Living the Dream. I really look forward to the new album but I am also kinda convinced that many weak points we have heard on the previous records will remain.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Mr. Slash wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:44 am I never care too much about this type of announcement which Tremonti made. Every artist tries to push their upcoming album by explaining how revolutionary it will be. Slash's new album are always the best stuff he has ever made. And in the end we received stuff like Apocalyptic Love or Living the Dream. I really look forward to the new album but I am also kinda convinced that many weak points we have heard on the previous records will remain.
you sir, have chosen the most perfect avatar... :shifty

However, i do agree with how boring Slash's solo stuff is with exception of the first solo album with all the different colabs...
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

UninvitedZero wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:08 pm I wouldn't even mind a decent mix of both deeply personal songs and angry political tracks if that's how Mark and Myles are truly feeling in their writing!
It sounds like we're in for a heavy, proggy riff-fest! This could be AB's "...And Justice For All" and I'm all for it!

...On another, slightly selfish and critical note:
I really feel we NEED some behind the scenes goodies on this record cycle! Studio footage or track-by-track commentary or something. I need to know the boys still enjoy making Alter Bridge records and they aren't just doing it as a contract obligation... Maybe 2022 is just flying by but it seems like the guys write and record at lightning speed just to get through it to tour until it's solo album time again in a couple years... Maybe I was just spoiled early on as a fan during the Fortress days with the attention it got ahead of release? Maybe I'm just impatient and it's still hella early? But it seems those days of crazy hype are gone...
As far as the music itself goes, the excitement is already bubbling up!
Nah, it is different. Ever since they started juggling multiple projects, the Alter Bridge album creation has at least seemed to get done ten times faster and the hype levels are not as high as they used to be. It used to feel like this huge event until the record released.

It could be that I’m older, I’m 30 now, when I started listening to them during the making of Blackbird I was 15 and time moved a lot slower. It definitely feels more rushed the last few albums, though.

Red_D
Brand New Start

Post by Red_D »

Well we finally have the whiteboard picture from Mark and not even a single letter of a song title to be seen 😂

So 12 tracks recorded & 4 of the songs in the solo column have NS in the box, does anyone know if that stands for No Solo? Anyway can’t wait for this album now :rockon

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

No solo would be my guess.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Damn. Getting trolled by Mark himself. :facepalm :lol
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

So the second last column (Prog & 808) is the synth / strings / programming / etc. that Elvis will add, I assume?

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I quite enjoyed Walk The Sky and *loved* Marching In Time, so I'm hopeful. Something more akin to TLH would be a huge disappointment for me, but they've gotta follow their arrow. Will respect whatever they've made even if I don't like it as much as other albums.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

I didn’t much enjoy Walk The Sky besides Forever Falling, Walking On The Sky and Dying Light.

I’m excited for dark AB again and hopefully an album more so like AB III and Fortress.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

scarecrow wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:59 pm So the second last column (Prog & 808) is the synth / strings / programming / etc. that Elvis will add, I assume?
Yeah it would be. 808 is a classic drum loop/synth machine.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: It's way past your curfew, btw...

Post by AB4Lyfe »

gbruin wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:09 am
AB4Lyfe wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:32 pm I'm all about the dark vibes - let me be a moody little bitch with some AB.

Edit: first time posting here in what feels like forever, what's up y'all :peace
Welcome home, Lyfe! :wave
Good to be back, Papa Greg.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

So either the album gonna have less than 12 songs or there won’t be any exclusive bonus Track / B sides this time around

Miro
Brand New Start

Post by Miro »

Great news! Cannot wait to hear my first AB album in real time :)

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

DarkKnight12 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:18 am So either the album gonna have less than 12 songs or there won’t be any exclusive bonus Track / B sides this time around
Pare it back to the best 10 and make it a condensed album of awesomeness. Then you have some bonus tracks.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

song length doesnt matter but i dont want a song seeming bland because its stretched on forever

less is more

Also, Symphony of Agony as a song is just okay and thats it.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

cheesedip1 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:24 pm song length doesnt matter but i dont want a song seeming bland because its stretched on forever

less is more
This is what Burn It Down does for me.

Show Me a Sign is probably longer than it needs to be, but somehow I also don't feel its length.

This generally hasn't been a problem with recent AB stuff since they choose to go more prog rock with their longer tracks.
Also, Symphony of Agony as a song is just okay and thats it.
Easily worst song from TLH.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Andy92 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:22 pm
scarecrow wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:59 pm So the second last column (Prog & 808) is the synth / strings / programming / etc. that Elvis will add, I assume?
Yeah it would be. 808 is a classic drum loop/synth machine.
yeah i know lol

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd29ZkgOTl5/

Very short preview of a new song off of Pawns and Kings.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Dats a groovy riff.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Sounds cool! Definitely a less-is-more type of riff, which could be massive in the right context.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.