Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Alter Bridge - VII

Post by rscotta831 »

Blackbirddd wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:27 pm I’m not sure about this but I assume that Dust and Cauterize songs were recording in the same period?
The albums? Yes. They were released 11 months apart. Not sure about the production time periods.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Ok, just finished scrolling through pages of arguing after being away for a bit and didn't see any mention of the fact that drums and bass are already recorded already! They're cruising!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:28 pm
Timotheus wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:03 pm
TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:17 amsave the next step and don’t DM asking for help whenever you regain your mental stability.
Handling conflicts with grace as always!
Ya know how this works..
if I say nothing, I’m a prick.
If I reply but the folks don’t like what I am saying, I’m a prick.
If I standup for myself or friends when people are being needless assholes, I’m a prick.

The golden rule, treat people the way that you’re treated. Don’t like it, don’t tag me. Im always respectful but if someone is a going to try to kick, I’ll kick back. Then, when they cry about “you shouldn’t do that because of your job.. blah blah blah” it’s a weak stance. Obviously I still have my job and have grown my company massively. So I win.
Not a fan of these open and public conflicts between fans and official band representatives. It contributes to and encourages a toxic and hostile environment. Internet trolls are a fact of life and the band doesn't need to get down into the dirt with them.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:17 pm I didn’t delete anything.. I was watching in real time as you would post and delete.. all of the “grow up” posts haha Come on dude, don’t lie about it.. like I don’t have a pile of screen grabs from over the years.

I have told you several times after several alterations with you to not talk to me or tag me in stuff, you try to engage regardless to the fact it has nothing to do with you… why? To push buttons.. I’ll just block ya. Had a long conversation with Myles about it last night actually, he agreed with my actions. Opinions are fine but the stirring the pot and trying to kick up shit isn’t going to work anymore.

You keep repeating what I am saying to you and putting it back to me, so let’s just end it here.
Blackbirddd wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:53 pm
TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:17 am Yea that’s not what happened, I gave you the boot because you do what you always do… you try to stir the pot just to be negative but mostly tagging me after I have told you a dozen times to leave me alone and not do that. you make 3 or 4 comments that are pointed towards me and delete them 6 mins after you post it… again, like always - then you try to twist the plot here to fit your narrative/ make yourself a victim. History repeating.. save the next step and don’t DM asking for help whenever you regain your mental stability. I’m not your therapist and I won’t tolerate you being a bully in any platform where I am an admin. If it happens here, I’ll point it out to the admin here and it will be up to them to sort per their protocols.

Blackbirddd wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:46 pm
Dolo wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:31 am It's amazing to see how some people overreact because somebody dared to criticise their favourite band (or their producer for that matter) and they call these people 'haters' while presented with reasonable logic and strong arguments.
That sounds like 90% of people on AB related Facebook groups.

EDIT: I just got banned on the "ALTER BRIDGE" Facebook group by asking Tim in some post if the sound quality it's on the members of the band (When I know that that's obviously on the production/mixing/masterizing team), and he answered that that's 10000% on the band, lol, then he overreacted saying that I'm talking shit on Elvis and that he won't allow that, then banned me, unbelievable :lol
You are blinded and you think that everything I say is negative, learn about criticism, learn about controlling your personal issues. You deleted the comments so it’s funny that you say that what I said it’s not what happened because that’s exactly what happened. You told me that “I’m not your friend so don’t tag me” Dude when you answer to someone on facebook it tag the person, what are you talking about with “Don’t tag me cause I’m not your friend” lmao, grow up already.

The DM I sent you like 3 years ago it was to make you understand that I’m a fan of the band and not a ‘hater’, and hopefully making you understand how things really are, but well, use it as something to make fun of, it’s ok :lol

Edit: I deleted a comment that was duplicated, not 3 or 4 as you exaggerate.
I’ll just ignore about you calling me a liar about me writting “grow up posts”??? I just told you to grow up here, I deleted a duplicated comment. I literally ASKED “the quality sound of the songs it’s not on the guys right?” and you call that “stirring the pot”??? You went bananas on that because you have something personal with me, you can’t get over about some non-toxic criticism that happened long ago and that’s it.

Actually in the same post but on another comment I defended the fact that the guys took something new and fresh as synths on the new album, cause someone said that didn’t liked that.

So you can talk to Myles about whatever, it’s obvious that he will agree with you I mean dude, you are his manager and friend.

I’ve said this before and sadly I have to say it again, I totally praise what you do in terms of managing the band and helping with tours and production and aaaaall that is working behind the scenes because the changes since you are managing are noticeable, nothing to say about that, but you don’t have the patience you need to deal with criticism and people, I’ve saw you act immaturely several times and answering with bad attitudes to people who are not saying things maliciously, I’m sure you know that you should’nt even answer to some people.

I’ve never had any discussion or problem with anyone here, this an Alter Bridge forum, so if you think that I live to talk shit about the band that’s simply not true, I love this band, I love the guys, so please Tim, don’t come to me and try to say that I’m some kind of hater because I’m not.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Crumbso wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:59 pm
TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:17 amsave the next step and don’t DM asking for help whenever you regain your mental stability.
Ya know how this works..
If I standup for myself or friends when people are being needless assholes, I’m a prick.

The golden rule, treat people the way that you’re treated. Don’t like it, don’t tag me. Im always respectful but if someone is a going to try to kick, I’ll kick back. Then, when they cry about “you shouldn’t do that because of your job.. blah blah blah” it’s a weak stance. Obviously I still have my job and have grown my company massively. So I win.
Not a fan of these open and public conflicts between fans and official band representatives. It contributes to and encourages a toxic and hostile environment. Internet trolls are a fact of life and the band doesn't need to get down into the dirt with them.
Actually sorry to everyone for bringing something that happened to me here, not the right place and it wasn’t something that you all should matter either, sincerely my bad.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Blackbirddd wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:22 pm
Crumbso wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:59 pm
Ya know how this works..

Actually sorry to everyone for bringing something that happened to me here, not the right place and it wasn’t something that you all should matter either, sincerely my bad.
I have no idea of the details. I'm not referring directly to yourself when talking about trolls.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Oh yeah it's all good, I'm just apologizing because I started that not-so-nice conversation with my innecesary comment.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I'll come back in 48 hours.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:47 pm Image

I'll come back in 48 hours.
This :lol

Also for real... All the rhythm section of a new AB album is done recording. Possibly guitars too at this point given the pace they're going at... Kinda neat...

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

I hope this topic can now stay clear of arguments and drama, and also a bit less about Elvis' production and sound to focus more on the actual news, including one that got buried under all the FB group drama : Mark said 14 songs were fully written, with 12 that will be recorded and put on the album! Hopefully those 2 longer songs / epics made the cut! Also, fkn excited about the upcoming announcement. ABVII LFG!
Last edited by DarkKnight12 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Also if TT reads this : I really hope AB will play a gig in Switzerland for AB7 tour! Was disappointed to see that Myles's Ides of march tour had no dates in Switzerland (while YOTT had one and it was fkn awesome), and that Tremonti's MIT tour got no headlining slot in Switzerland (and once again, there was one for ADM and it was fkn awesome). I know that's probably none of your or the band's fault.. really hope to see the boys this year!

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I hope we can get to see the good old board photo soon.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Blackbirddd wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:45 am I hope we can get to see the good old board photo soon.
YES :bow

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

DarkKnight12 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:28 am I hope this topic can now stay clear of arguments and drama, and also a bit less about Elvis' production.
I agree.
All this conversation we've just had about production stuff should ideally be moved by the moderators in that other thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3658&start=180

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

12 songs to be recorded? Hope they all make the album because track 12 is always a banger.
For all of the hope that it brings...

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Ubik wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:31 am 12 songs to be recorded? Hope they all make the album because track 12 is always a banger.
Yeah, in that interview Mark basically said there will be 12 songs on the album. But we shall see, I guess things may change as the production advances

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ya know how this works..

I don't know, man. DC3 came in here as well, "kicking back" to the "needless" assholes regarding the box set. I think in retrospect, we were 100% right to point out the many flaws with that project. It was mostly on this board, where we were able to express our concerns. In the Facebook groups you'd get banned or ridiculed by all the "true" fans.

Now, I'm not comparing you, your company or Elvis with DC3 and the boxset. I think your company delivers consistently and I have no doubt your heart is with the band(s), the music and all people involved. But I do think there are different ways of handling negativity. At my current job (software engineer) we literally pay people to criticize our projects, so we can improve it.

Fans of the band have been addressing the production issue over a decade now. Why not sell the stems seperately? You still stand by the final product, but you're acknowledging those fans that are passionate (aka critical) about music production as well, whilst making money from them on top of that. I believe Lamb of God did something like that a while back.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the news!
DarkKnight12 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:28 am I hope this topic can now stay clear of arguments and drama, and also a bit less about Elvis' production and sound to focus more on the actual news, including one that got buried under all the FB group drama : Mark said 14 songs were fully written, with 12 that will be recorded and put on the album! Hopefully those 2 longer songs / epics made the cut! Also, fkn excited about the upcoming announcement. ABVII LFG!
That's pretty good news. Glad they're focussing on a smaller group of songs!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

So, from what I understand, Mark and Myles both wrote 7 complete songs on their own, and they'll both have 6 songs on the album.
Was there a track that was done the old way (Mark+Myles), or were individual demos pretty much finalized before the preproduction?

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

today is the photo shoot day for the album!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Timotheus wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:53 am At my current job (software engineer) we literally pay people to criticize our projects, so we can improve it.

Fans of the band have been addressing the production issue over a decade now. You still stand by the final product, but you're acknowledging those fans that are passionate (aka critical) about music production as well, whilst making money from them on top of that.
It’s a GREAT question for Tim.

If we could just be assured it’s been addressed to be the very best possible effort in production, I believe most of us would feel very relieved. No names. Just that it’s been addressed.
Last edited by rscotta831 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.