Confessions At The Alter

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TheLastHero
Bought The CDs

Confessions At The Alter

Post by TheLastHero »

Welcome to the confession booth. Do you have any AB related stories (or just general AB related things) to tell? Bring them here!
I shall begin with some confessions of my own.
(Yes, I spelled Altar wrong for obvious reference purposes.)

1. My sister confirmed she has a crush on Myles. Honestly, though, I'm not surprised. I don't blame her. The man's good-looking.
2. I'd convinced my sister that Cry Of Achilles was actually called Cry Of A Chili. She believed it for about a week. (That's where my profile picture comes from.)
3. I'm writing an Alter Bridge sci-fi fanfiction. It's in outer space. I'm questioning myself.
4. Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad. At first I thought it was just something done in jest, something improvised. Then I found out it was legit, and I will never take myself seriously again.
5. The first Alter Bridge song I learned the rudimental basics to was Buried Alive.
6. The first Alter Bridge song I learned the riff to (correctly) was Find The Real.
7. I just found out that I've been playing Coeur D'Alene in the wrong tuning. Well, I mean, no tuning is wrong, but it's not the tuning the song was recorded in.

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Confessions At The Alter

Post by maximzub »

TheLastHero wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:19 pm Welcome to the confession booth. Do you have any AB related stories (or just general AB related things) to tell? Bring them here!
I shall begin with some confessions of my own.
(Yes, I spelled Altar wrong for obvious reference purposes.)

1. My sister confirmed she has a crush on Myles. Honestly, though, I'm not surprised. I don't blame her. The man's good-looking.
2. I'd convinced my sister that Cry Of Achilles was actually called Cry Of A Chili. She believed it for about a week. (That's where my profile picture comes from.)
3. I'm writing an Alter Bridge sci-fi fanfiction. It's in outer space. I'm questioning myself.
4. Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad. At first I thought it was just something done in jest, something improvised. Then I found out it was legit, and I will never take myself seriously again.
5. The first Alter Bridge song I learned the rudimental basics to was Buried Alive.
6. The first Alter Bridge song I learned the riff to (correctly) was Find The Real.
7. I just found out that I've been playing Coeur D'Alene in the wrong tuning. Well, I mean, no tuning is wrong, but it's not the tuning the song was recorded in.
1. No homo, but Myles in Live From Wembley was really hot.
2. My joke with Cry Of Achilles is that I played it for my dad when he tore his Achilles.
3. What happened to Tour Of Horrors?
4. Fun fact: Ahavo Rabo is the scale the song is in, and Taco Salad came from the Spanish vibe the song has.
5. The first Alter Bridge song I learned the rudimental basics to was Addicted To Pain.
6. The first Alter Bridge song I learned the riff to (correctly) was also Addicted To Pain.
7. What tuning were you playing it in?

Now for my own stories:
1. I discovered Alter Bridge through my Tremonti PRS guitar. I didn't even know Mark Tremonti was a person, I thought that the name had something to do with the tremolo bridge.
2. The first Alter Bridge song I heard was Broken Wings. I still don't like it.
3. The first Alter Bridge song I learned the guitar solo to was Addicted To Pain. Yes, that's actually my favorite Alter Bridge song.
4. I once listened to Alter Bridge in the middle of the night while working on an essay for history class.
5. I discovered this website through the master tuning thread.
6. I've played 6 Alter Bridge songs live, plus an instrumental guitar medley that is half Metallica, half Alter Bridge.
7. When all the Tremonti singles were coming out and I was watching them, my mom asked me if Alter Bridge still exists.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

TheLastHero
Bought The CDs

Post by TheLastHero »

maximzub wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:27 pm 1. No homo, but Myles in Live From Wembley was really hot.
2. My joke with Cry Of Achilles is that I played it for my dad when he tore his Achilles.
3. What happened to Tour Of Horrors?
4. Fun fact: Ahavo Rabo is the scale the song is in, and Taco Salad came from the Spanish vibe the song has.
5. The first Alter Bridge song I learned the rudimental basics to was Addicted To Pain.
6. The first Alter Bridge song I learned the riff to (correctly) was also Addicted To Pain.
7. What tuning were you playing it in?

Now for my own stories:
1. I discovered Alter Bridge through my Tremonti PRS guitar. I didn't even know Mark Tremonti was a person, I thought that the name had something to do with the tremolo bridge.
2. The first Alter Bridge song I heard was Broken Wings. I still don't like it.
3. The first Alter Bridge song I learned the guitar solo to was Addicted To Pain. Yes, that's actually my favorite Alter Bridge song.
4. I once listened to Alter Bridge in the middle of the night while working on an essay for history class.
5. I discovered this website through the master tuning thread.
6. I've played 6 Alter Bridge songs live, plus an instrumental guitar medley that is half Metallica, half Alter Bridge.
7. When all the Tremonti singles were coming out and I was watching them, my mom asked me if Alter Bridge still exists.
1. I agree. Live From Wembley Myles is superior and beautiful.
2. I also discovered this site through the master tuning thread (it saved my life not gonna lie).
3. I was playing it in C# standard. I've since tuned it to drop C# and it's actually easier to play it that way than C# standard. The more you know.
4. Tour of Horrors....I haven't read any of it yet. But if you want a comic or a story, I will be more than happy to write one for the site. I love writing fanfiction :3

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

TheLastHero wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:38 am But if you want a comic or a story, I will be more than happy to write one for the site. I love writing fanfiction :3
Yes, we definitely could use some. Tour Of Horrors actually never came out.

I'd assume some other people on the site are dying for some fanfiction. When I was complaining about my friendship problems on the Total Randomness Thread, people thought I was making it all up.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TheLastHero
Bought The CDs

Post by TheLastHero »

Friendship problems? I can't find your post about it.
Working on the first chapter of the story. Stay tuned.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

How the hell am I not one of the greats but DOLO is?! I’ve been here since before you were born!

You should write a soap opera, it’d be more believable at this point
By the greats, I mean those that have been giving me advice since I started asking for it. You, like Swifty, have not been following my case. If you were to read through everything I've talked about in the Total Randomness Thread, you would understand, even just a little better.

If you want me to send screenshots of my conversations with Grace, I will gladly do so.
How in the blue hell do you know how long I’ve been following your “case”? I read all your posts, pour myself a strong glass of whiskey, and then ponder whether or not I believe you are stable mentally or whether or not I’m delusional with some of the crap you say. I don’t think anyone will ever fully understand your story because we can’t tell what’s real and what’s not

Edit: Max, I just saw you sent me
Screenshots and your description of your dream with her is borderline sexual harassment. You need to reevaluate yourself NOW
I will stop expecting for anyone to understand me. You won't see me in this thread anymore. You cannot be calling this sexual harassment because you do not know everything that has gone on between us and you will never know.
Refer to pages 1689-1690 for more.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

maximzub wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:00 pm
TheLastHero wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:38 am But if you want a comic or a story, I will be more than happy to write one for the site. I love writing fanfiction :3
Yes, we definitely could use some. Tour Of Horrors actually never came out.

I'd assume some other people on the site are dying for some fanfiction. When I was complaining about my friendship problems on the Total Randomness Thread, people thought I was making it all up.
Tour of Horrors is actually out now. People have started receiving it last week(mine came saturday) with the really expensive bundles due a little later.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

1. I hadn't even heard of Alter Bridge because I don't pay much attention to music culture. I'm pretty sure I had at least known that Creed was broken up. My brother new I liked Creed a good bit and he's much more attuned to pop culture than me and bought me the album for my birthday.

2. Not long after, I missed a chance to see AB during their touring for One Day Remains, more out of pure laziness than anything. They were coming to a smallish 600 person bar/theater (no seating). It would have been an amazing show I'm sure and I could have easily gotten tickets.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

While not strictly Alter Bridge related, I confess that the new Tremonti album had been out for a solid 2 weeks before I got to give it a full listen. I've been following AB since before they had a name (we just called them "the new band" until the name was announced), and never before have I not been waiting with bells on for release day for anything AB/Myles/Mark. But now that I'm married, 4 kids, and was working 12 hour days at the time (now switched to a 10 hour shift), "me time" for things like listening to music is just hard to come by. I had planned on being a bum and just listening to it on YT Music when I had time, but never found that time. So I ordered the CD, popped it in the car, and have been listening to it in small 5-minute increments as that's how long my work commute is. It's nice living about a mile away from my workplace, but it doesn't leave a lot of time for rocking out in the car.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I knew a kid named Jake my freshman year of high school. We were both super quiet but ended up sitting at the same lunch table on freshman orientation day and hit it off. I guess he'd had health issues in junior high and missed a bit of school the previous year. He'd never tell me what his issue was, I don't think I ever asked him outright.
We were in the same after school Driver's Ed class and would often chill in the library, swapping music between Mp3 players on a computer, waiting for our moms to come pick us up after class.

He got hooked on Alter Bridge that year.

He ended up missing a few weeks or school that year and wouldn't tell me why when he did eventually return...
Summer came and went, sophomore year rolled around. I was pumped to see Jake after keeping in touch through Facebook that summer, living a few towns apart and still not having a driver's license.
The very next morning, no Jake at school.
I never saw him again.
That was almost 12 years ago. No trace of him online. The last Facebook message he sent me were Youtube links to Buried Alive and Blackbird, live from Amsterdam... I listen to Alter Bridge and have to think about Jake every now and then. Some day I'll get some closure. Some day I too will fly and find you again.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

UninvitedZero wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:59 am I knew a kid named Jake my freshman year of high school. We were both super quiet but ended up sitting at the same lunch table on freshman orientation day and hit it off. I guess he'd had health issues in junior high and missed a bit of school the previous year. He'd never tell me what his issue was, I don't think I ever asked him outright.
We were in the same after school Driver's Ed class and would often chill in the library, swapping music between Mp3 players on a computer, waiting for our moms to come pick us up after class.

He got hooked on Alter Bridge that year.

He ended up missing a few weeks or school that year and wouldn't tell me why when he did eventually return...
Summer came and went, sophomore year rolled around. I was pumped to see Jake after keeping in touch through Facebook that summer, living a few towns apart and still not having a driver's license.
The very next morning, no Jake at school.
I never saw him again.
That was almost 12 years ago. No trace of him online. The last Facebook message he sent me were Youtube links to Buried Alive and Blackbird, live from Amsterdam... I listen to Alter Bridge and have to think about Jake every now and then. Some day I'll get some closure. Some day I too will fly and find you again.
I wasn't expecting to get punched in the feelings tonight, but here we are. I've had a few people like that who disappeared, which is strange in the age of social media. Some eventually popped up, some didn't. I hope you find him someday!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Ghosts of Days Gone By-esque

Post by zazthespaz »

That is a gut punch. Nice way to remember someone by, but I do wish you were still talking with him or had some closure on his story.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Damn, I think we all are missing Jake right now.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TheLastHero
Bought The CDs

Post by TheLastHero »

gbruin wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:21 am Damn, I think we all are missing Jake right now.
Yeah. We don't even know the guy but we feel the loss somehow.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

UninvitedZero wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:59 am Some day I'll get some closure. Some day I too will fly and find you again.
I have lots of songs that I can emotionally connect to, but none for a reason like this. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this pain. We all support you.

I must confess that I think Last Of Our Kind (aka Symphony Of Agony) is one of the best bonus tracks of all time.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

RnFnHomer
Brand New Start

Post by RnFnHomer »

TenaciousBe wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:36 pm But now that I'm married, 4 kids, and was working 12 hour days at the time (now switched to a 10 hour shift), "me time" for things like listening to music is just hard to come by.
I truly feel this pain...Hence my confession. I fell off the grid around the time where 'ABX' and 'All I Was' were released; new job, wife, kids, health issues in the family...Long story short; i suffered for almost 10 years of not being in the know about pretty much anything that my fav bands were doing. So, 2 years ago i saw that i had A LOT to catching up to do :lol Actually, even though i have the Tremonti set on digital, i still need to get 'Dust', 'Cauterize' and 'A Dying Machine'. AB is up to date, minus 'Tour Of Horrors'. Now that i work from home. i have time to listen to music while i work...but i don't have much time to ENJOY it...which sucks

RnFnHomer
Brand New Start

Post by RnFnHomer »

maximzub wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:27 pm 4. Fun fact: Ahavo Rabo is the scale the song is in, and Taco Salad came from the Spanish vibe the song has.
Oh man :facepalm If the thing was about "spanish vibes" it should have been called 'Ahavo Rabo Paella'...Since the paella is the most typical of the spanish dishes...tacos are a mexican thing :lol Anyway...love your facts man!! :rockon Gotta finish my questions for that long post of yours

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

RnFnHomer wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:39 pm Anyway...love your facts man!! :rockon Gotta finish my questions for that long post of yours
This one?

http://thealterbridgenation.com/forums/ ... 78#p215978

If so...that is basically the post that started it all for me on this forum.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Confession: I still don't own Walk The Sky (or P&K for that matter) on physical media. I was going to pick up WTS at Target when it came out, and the one time I looked for it, there was a slot labeled for it but it was empty, and I just figured I'd get it somewhere else. Turns out, NOBODY [bleep]IN SELLS CDs IN STORES ANYMORE! I know I should just order the CDs from Amazon (since AB.com is sold out of the P&K CDs and doesn't even offer the older albums), but I just haven't gotten there. I really only listen to CDs in my car anymore, and the only time I drive solo is when I go to work, and my work is only like a mile from my house, so it's barely worth it (aside from supporting the band but I don't know what kind of cut they get from Amazon sales). Aw hell, I'm ramblin' again...

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I don't own P&K on physical media. I do have WtS though. I'll have to admit, though, between Bluetooth in my current car and streaming everywhere else. I don't have any use for CDs anymore. I support the band with tickets and merch purchases at gigs these days. For bands I like, if there's a good pack that comes with a t-shirt or something then I'll buy a CD, but only direct from the band.