Myles ranked AB albums from best to worst

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TheLastHero
Bought The CDs

Re: Myles ranked AB albums from best to worst

Post by TheLastHero »

I've never seen someone choose One Day Remains as their favorite. Interesting.
That album is significant to me because it has the first songs I'd heard by them, and I still very much like that album.

And I agree with Dolo. I recently purchased Walk The Sky on CD and finally listened to it all the way through. Good album, of course, but only a few songs really stuck out to me. Solid 6 or 7 out of 10.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Myles' vocals from 1998 to 2004 were out of this world. That's why I always end up choosing ODR as my favourite AB album, even though Blackbird is pretty close behind.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Honouring the title of this thread and therefore mentioning only the AB-albums, this brings the same result of course as the overall AB-album-ranking. Hopefully we will be able to insert ABVII in the top 3 soon............................................................

So, for me :

ABIII

Fortress
Blackbird
ODR
TLH / WTS

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

For me :

1) Fortress
2) Blackbird / AB3
3) TLH
4) WTS
5) ODR

Miro
Brand New Start

Post by Miro »

Right now for me:

1) Walk the Sky
2) One Day Remains
3) ABIII
4) Blackbird
5) Fortress
6) The Last Hero

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

chtimixeur wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:15 pm AB III is filled with average songs. I've never understood its good reviews, especially after an album like Blackbird.
Filled with average songs? Wow.

ABIII is in my all-time Top 10 fav albums. Not a single filler song on it. Even if they left off the only two “average” songs on it, “Breathe Again” and “Life Must Go On,” it still remains an all-timer.
Last edited by rscotta831 on Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

rscotta831 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:05 pm
chtimixeur wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:15 pm AB III is filled with average songs. I've never understood its good reviews, especially after an album like Blackbird.
Average songs? Wow.

ABIII is in my all-time Top 10 fav albums. Not a single filler song on it. Even if they left off the only two “average” songs on it, “Breathe Again” and “Life Must Go On,” it still remains an all-timer.
I love Breathe Again. Such a beautiful song. AB III definitely has a special place in my heart. I love the whole atmosphere of that album. Furthermore, this album contains so many kick ass Tremonti riffs, it's insane.

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:13 pm
rscotta831 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:05 pm
Average songs? Wow.

I love Breathe Again. Such a beautiful song. AB III definitely has a special place in my heart. I love the whole atmosphere of that album. Furthermore, this album contains so many kick ass Tremonti riffs, it's insane.
The riffs and hooks on that album are phenomenal.

My wife asked me right before we saw them in concert Oct 2019 what my fav AB song is. I’m normally very prepared for fav song/album questions, but I honestly couldn’t name my fav at that time. It’s like having 20 kids and choosing which one is your fav.

That said, after thinking about it since she asked me, gun to my head, I would be forced to go with “Slip To The Void.” We have played that song countless times in my car on the way to dinner and coming home from dinner. It was the song we most looked forward to seeing/hearing them play on the ABIII tour in May 2011.

Our 2nd fav would have to be “Wings Darker,” so naturally ABIII is our fav album.

Although when I’m alone, I lean more towards playing TLH album because it’s a much harder album than ABIII.