Is anybody else crazy enough to remember in what order they first heard Alter Bridge songs?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Is anybody else crazy enough to remember in what order they first heard Alter Bridge songs?

Post by maximzub »

I know I am!

Well, it's easier to remember these because most of the time, I listened to songs in clumps. Here goes the story of my journey with Alter Bridge...

August 9, 2020: Discovering Alter Bridge; YouTube mix
1. Broken Wings
2. Watch Over You
3. Blackbird
4. In Loving Memory
5. Addicted To Pain
6. Rise Today

September 15, 2020: Native Son music video released
7. Native Son

Late September 2020: Part of Live From Amsterdam
8. Come To Life
9. Find The Real
10. Before Tomorrow Comes
11. Brand New Start

Early October 2020: Part of Walk The Sky
12. One Life
13. Wouldn't You Rather
14. In The Deep
15. Godspeed

October 12, 2020: Live At The O2 Arena, in the middle of the night, while working on an essay for history class
16. The Writing On The Wall
17. Ghost Of Days Gone By
18. Cry Of Achilles
19. The Other Side
20. Farther Than The Sun
21. Ties That Bind
22. Waters Rising
23. Crows On A Wire
24. Isolation
25. Metalingus
26. Open Your Eyes
(I stopped before Show Me A Leader)

October 26, 2020: One-off
27. Words Darker Than Their Wings

November 2, 2020: Last Rites released
28. Last Rites

November 6, 2020: Walk The Sky 2.0 released
29. Pay No Mind
30. Dying Light

Late December 2020: Live From Wembley
31. Slip To The Void
32. All Hope Is Gone
33. White Knuckles
34. I Know It Hurts
35. One Day Remains
36. Coeur D' Alene
37. Buried Alive
38. Wonderful Life (Acoustic version, full version on February 15, 2021)

Late December 2020: Fortress (skipping Bleed It Dry)
39. Lover
40. The Uninvited
41. Peace Is Broken
42. Calm The Fire
43. Cry A River
44. All Ends Well
45. Fortress

January 7, 2021: One-offs
46. Poison In Your Veins
47. Cradle To The Grave
48. The End Is Here

January 22, 2021: One-offs
49. Show Me A Leader
50. Still Remains

January 28, 2021: One-offs
51. Shed My Skin
52. Clear Horizon
53. Walking On The Sky
54. The Last Hero

February 15, 2021: One-off
55. Life Must Go On

February 17, 2021: One-offs
56. Forever Falling
57. Down To My Last

March 3, 2021: One-off
58. Island Of Fools

March 5, 2021: One-offs
59. This Side Of Fate
60. My Champion

March 8, 2021: One-off
61. Indoctrination

March 9, 2021: One-offs
62. Bleed It Dry *Completed Fortress album*
63. Take The Crown

March 10, 2021: One-off
64. The Bitter End

March 12, 2021: One-off
65. Tear Us Apart *Completed Walk The Sky album*

March 27, 2021: Part of The Last Hero was on the radio
66. You Will Be Remembered
67. Twilight

May 12, 2021: One-off
68. Losing Patience

June 15, 2021: Home alone, listening to new songs
69. Watch Your Words
70. Last Of Our Kind *Completed The Last Hero album*
71. Save Me
72. Burn It Down *Completed One Day Remains album*
73. Show Me A Sign
74. Make It Right
75. Wayward One
76. Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad
77. Fallout
78. Breathe Again
79. One By One
80. Break Me Down
81. Zero
82. Home *Completed AB III album*
83. Coming Home *Completed Blackbird album*

July 19, 2022: Pawns & Kings released
84. Pawns & Kings

August 2, 2022: Silver Tongue released
85. Silver Tongue

September 7, 2022: Sin After Sin released
86. Sin After Sin

October 3, 2022: This Is War released
87. This Is War

October 13, 2022: Pawns & Kings album released
88. Dead Among The Living
89. Stay
90. Holiday
91. Fable Of The Silent Son
92. Season Of Promise
93. Last Man Standing *Completed Pawns & Kings album*

November 30, 2022: Listening to all the bonus tracks for the first time to fulfill the goal of listening to all Alter Bridge songs at least once in 2022
94. Cruel Sun
95. Solace
96. We Don't Care At All
97. The Damage Done
98. New Way To Live
99. Never Born To Follow
100. Never Say Die
101. Breathe
102. On My Way Now *Completed Alter Bridge discography*
Last edited by maximzub on Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:07 pm, edited 21 times in total.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Is anybody else crazy enough to remember in what order they first heard Alter Bridge songs?

Post by Mr. Slash »

Brand New Start, Isolation, Metalingus. Then I got the Blackbird album for Christmas. This was back in 2010.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Is anybody else crazy enough to remember in what order they first heard Alter Bridge songs?

Post by Ubik »

I think this is pretty straightforward for me actually - first was Open Your Eyes, then Broken Wings, then Find the Real. Rest of ODR in track order.

Gets trickier after that going into Blackbird as there were a few leaked versions doing the rounds, and the Foxwoods stuff if that counts. But in general from then to now - singles then track order.
For all of the hope that it brings...

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I first heard Alter Bridge on Pandora back in 2005 or so, beginning with the radio version of Open Your Eyes. Then I found their MySpace, where they also had Broken Wings, In Loving Memory for sure. There may have been one more track, but I can't remember which it was if so.

But to rewind a little, I have friends who streamed a live sports podcast back in the day, but they are also big wrestling/MMA fans, and during their commercial breaks, Metalingus would play every so often. I didn't know the song by title nor did I know the band's name... I just heard it, and went on with my life. I learned that was their song later. Maybe it was the fourth one on MySpace?

Anyway, I bought Blackbird when that released, but heard Ties That Bind and Rise Today before its release because they were singles (and I think on Myspace, haha I lived in a MySpace world fifteen years ago!), and I think I bought ODR after that, so songs like Down To My Last were incredible discoveries.

After that, everything has essentially been heard in track order, or beforehand as singles. But besides Show Me A Leader, I've resisted temptation to hear any other songs of TLH or WTS before the albums released. I can't deny that I will remain that way forevermore.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Metalingus. Every Monday night on WWE Raw when Edge was in peak dastardly bastard heel mode. Then it wasn't until Summer of '08 I heard the Blackbird album in its entirety and have been a loyal follower since then!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Open Your Eyes in the summer of 2007. Then Rise Today probably, which just had been released at that point.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Okay, I don't want to look like I'm showing off, but I was INCREDIBLY, incredibly lucky to get to hear a few of the songs before hardly anyone else. Back in the super early days of the formation of AB, a few of us old Creed fans came together to create AlterBridgeBand.net (which was later rebranded as TABN). We built this site, and being the awesome fan liaison that he is/was, Michael Tremonti kept in contact with us to keep us up to date on what was happening with the album and such (this was 2003/04 era, so social media was pretty limited to early MySpace and these fan sites / forums). Well, one day, he gives me a call and says "hey, do you want to hear a couple of the new songs?" I about peed myself, but I ran off to my bedroom, closed the door, and listened on my shitty little motorola tracfone as he played, if I remember correctly, Burn It Down, Broken Wings, and I think one more (maybe Find the Real?).

I have always given a HUGE amount of love and respect to Michael for being there for us, as fans, and helping so many of us out with keeping connected to our favorite band, especially during those first couple album cycles. He's such an amazing, awesome dude, and even today, he's still out there constantly posting pictures of his little brother traveling the world, posting stuff about AB on his own Instagram every single day. Not afraid to admit, I'm even getting a little emotional right now as I type this, thinking about how much love and respect there is there in that family, and amongst the entire Alter Bridge family as a whole. I don't just support these guys because I like their music (though it helps that they kick ass at what they do), I've always been behind them for just being amazing, supportive people and I dig who they are and the things they stand for.

Aw hell, I'm ramblin' again...
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

The first song I heard by Alter Bridge was "Open Your Eyes"... Then "Isolation" ...I liked it. Then I heard "Blackbird" and really loved it. But then I heard "Addicted to Pain" and became addicted...especially after seeing the video! I think its their best music video to date!

ADDICTED.. :hug

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

TenaciousBe wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:39 pm Okay, I don't want to look like I'm showing off, but I was INCREDIBLY, incredibly lucky to get to hear a few of the songs before hardly anyone else. Back in the super early days of the formation of AB, a few of us old Creed fans came together to create AlterBridgeBand.net (which was later rebranded as TABN). We built this site, and being the awesome fan liaison that he is/was, Michael Tremonti kept in contact with us to keep us up to date on what was happening with the album and such (this was 2003/04 era, so social media was pretty limited to early MySpace and these fan sites / forums). Well, one day, he gives me a call and says "hey, do you want to hear a couple of the new songs?" I about peed myself, but I ran off to my bedroom, closed the door, and listened on my shitty little motorola tracfone as he played, if I remember correctly, Burn It Down, Broken Wings, and I think one more (maybe Find the Real?).

I have always given a HUGE amount of love and respect to Michael for being there for us, as fans, and helping so many of us out with keeping connected to our favorite band, especially during those first couple album cycles. He's such an amazing, awesome dude, and even today, he's still out there constantly posting pictures of his little brother traveling the world, posting stuff about AB on his own Instagram every single day. Not afraid to admit, I'm even getting a little emotional right now as I type this, thinking about how much love and respect there is there in that family, and amongst the entire Alter Bridge family as a whole. I don't just support these guys because I like their music (though it helps that they kick ass at what they do), I've always been behind them for just being amazing, supportive people and I dig who they are and the things they stand for.

That's damn cool, B. I hadn't heard that story.

I popped in ODR in late 2006 and listened to the album 1 though 11 in order. That was my intro, but it only took about 20 seconds of Find The Real to be all in.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

gbruin wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:14 pm
TenaciousBe wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:39 pm Okay, I don't want to look like I'm showing off, but I was INCREDIBLY, incredibly lucky to get to hear a few of the songs before hardly anyone else. Back in the super early days of the formation of AB, a few of us old Creed fans came together to create AlterBridgeBand.net (which was later rebranded as TABN). We built this site, and being the awesome fan liaison that he is/was, Michael Tremonti kept in contact with us to keep us up to date on what was happening with the album and such (this was 2003/04 era, so social media was pretty limited to early MySpace and these fan sites / forums). Well, one day, he gives me a call and says "hey, do you want to hear a couple of the new songs?" I about peed myself, but I ran off to my bedroom, closed the door, and listened on my shitty little motorola tracfone as he played, if I remember correctly, Burn It Down, Broken Wings, and I think one more (maybe Find the Real?).

That's damn cool, B. I hadn't heard that story.

I popped in ODR in late 2006 and listened to the album 1 though 11 in order. That was my intro, but it only took about 20 seconds of Find The Real to be all in.
I was the same way, once I had the full album in my grubby little paws! I don't even remember where I was for my first full album listen, but probably in my car after buying the CD.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Album and track order. My brother bought me the first album since I liked Creed and I just listen to the albums straight through the first time, though occasionally skipping songs that don’t catch me the first time after 30 seconds or so.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Recommended to me by someone I'd only spoken to a handful of times, I Know it Hurts was the first Alter Bridge song I listened to way back in 2011, closely followed by Isolation - I was young and into heavier music at the time, so whilst I enjoyed the two songs I distinctly remember it taking a couple more months before I became utterly obsessed.

I'm aware it's a very cliché thing to say, but I honestly cannot describe how much Alter Bridge's music influenced my adolescence/teenage development, and I occasionally wonder whether the person who recommended me the band could ever be aware of that.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

I don't know the whole order but I do remember I was getting into Slash's solo material when I was for the first time truly embracing my rock phase in 2015, having gotten into GNR that year (prior to that it was only Bon Jovi and Scorpions) I was listening to Anastasia when I saw this amazing album art on the suggested bar, it was Blackbird's title track. I listened to it and shortly thereafter bought the album and I believe started listening to One Day Remains on youtube.

I greatly regret not tracking the entire journey I've taken throught discovering rock and metal music. I think it would be a cool breakdown.

Jim
Blood Machines

c. 2001

Post by Jim »

My Sacrifice