What's Next Musically for Alter Bridge? A Concept Album?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: What's Next Musically for Alter Bridge? A Concept Album?

Post by Ubik »

I've honestly not heard many people say they dislike The Last Hero because of its political side. Wasn't even particularly out there - climate change is real and 2016 was a depressing year for political leadership, stop the press. Writing on the Wall also is and will always be a banger.

I know what you mean Be, and it's pretty obvious just from hearing Myles in interviews where he stands, but yeah, I think he's happier (if that's the right word) when he's digging into the personal side of life for lyrics.
For all of the hope that it brings...

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Ubik wrote:I've honestly not heard many people say they dislike The Last Hero because of its political side. Wasn't even particularly out there - climate change is real and 2016 was a depressing year for political leadership, stop the press. Writing on the Wall also is and will always be a banger.

I know what you mean Be, and it's pretty obvious just from hearing Myles in interviews where he stands, but yeah, I think he's happier (if that's the right word) when he's digging into the personal side of life for lyrics.
Truth. And I was just watching that interview he did for WDHA, the one that went with the acoustic Native Son video, and he mentioned how cool it is that he can write something based on his own ideas, and watch fans go out and interpret them in their own way and put their own meaning onto it. So, I'm sure that's always part of what he likes about the lyrical side of things, that people can let it mean whatever it means to them. :)
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Pretty sure the reason people didn't like TLH was that the arrangements were overstuffed and the mix sounded like ass. I didn't see many complaints about the lyrical content.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Double post - sorry

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

Me personally I would want an EPIC album. Something with everything in it, from hard rock, heavy stuff, soft rock like ODR, Ballad, heavily instrumental and paced song, another Blackbird, and a couple of anthem songs, heavy riff, clean sound. All of it , in one, to make the greatest album ever , with Mark on vocals too. Get the best out of the best from the boys . It's time to rock the world

tight rhythym
Brand New Start

Post by tight rhythym »

I don't think even they really know what direction the next album will take. I think the last couple albums they've struggled to find their next direction. Despite this, Walk the Sky ended up being solid.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

tight rhythym wrote:I don't think even they really know what direction the next album will take. I think the last couple albums they've struggled to find their next direction. Despite this, Walk the Sky ended up being solid.
Based on pre-release articles, I think they completely knew what direction they wanted to go with this album.