Alter Bridge - 2/15/2020 @ The Rave - Milwaukee, WI (Full Show)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Alter Bridge - 2/15/2020 @ The Rave - Milwaukee, WI (Full Show)

Post by CreedFeed »

The complete show. Enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/3RlqDS0skOI
-Steve
CreedFeed - Feeding Your Need For Creed!
QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge - 2/15/2020 @ The Rave - Milwaukee, WI (Full Show)

Post by Mr. Slash »

Nice! Interesting that they dug out You Will Be Remembered again

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

Mr. Slash wrote:Nice! Interesting that they dug out You Will Be Remembered again
Someone reached out to the band and requested that song for their cousin (a state trooper I think) who passed away in the line of duty. Michael Tremonti made it happen. :)
-Steve
CreedFeed - Feeding Your Need For Creed!
QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection!

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Thank you for this! ♥

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Appreciate the full concert video. I'll get blasted for this, but Myles has mailed it in the remainder of his career. It's very apparent. There's no energy from him from any of his concerts since the Royal Albert Hall in 2017. It's no longer fun for him to unleash a new album or play the classics. Instead, it's nothing more than a job and responsibility to him. And he can't blame it on age. I'm 3 months older than him. I do get it becomes extremely monotonous, singing & playing the same songs every single night, traveling non-stop which is a major pain the older you get. That is what they sign up for. BUT, I don't get that watching Mark. With Mark, I see an ongoing enthusiasm and hunger to be the best on the planet he can be. In youtube videos in where Myles & Mark comment on fans doing covers, I've heard Myles say several times he wishes he could "send those guys out to do their songs." Every time he says it, it makes me cringe. Every time, I say, "Damnit Myles! You're the best at what you do! Why would you ever want to stop what you're the best in the world at?!"

IMO, he wants to retire, but he feels an obligation to go on, just to keep Alter Bridge from retirement. I DEEPLY, DEEPLY appreciate AB doing what very few bands have done...keep the original members together 15+ years and continue to blast out kick ass album after kick ass album. It's nearly unprecedented what they have done. But the kick ass albums have no longer translated into kick ass concerts like they once were pre-2017.

And before someone says, "Well, they've toured Worldwide forever and of course they're tired," In 2014, I watched Iron Maiden in Nashville, namely Bruce Dickinson, who's been doing this decades longer & is MUCH older, perform a concert with FAR more energy and spunk than I've seen from Myles since circa 2010. It was like watching a band early on, scraping, crawling & grasping to become relevant...not because they had already arrived, achieved and conquered.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I think this is just how Myles is. He's an introverted guy, and he's never going to run around the stage like Bruce.

I've got no problem with it. Not every frontman needs to be a Vegas style performer like Rose or Roth.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Post by Skywalker »

rscotta831 - I understand what you are observing. But as Drew said above me, I think it's more that Myles is not a flamboyant frontman. Inherently, he seems to be a shy person. You get the true Myles when he closes his eyes and sings parts to the songs he connects the most with, and gets into that headspace. Honestly, I like the big difference between Myles and Mark in terms of stage persona. It's a good balance.

That said, however, I think the major problem is that Myles (IMO) has spread himself way too thin. He's constantly writing/recording/performing with absolutely no break. While the Slash thing has been good for his popularity, to be frank, I think this past cycle has been really tough, on top of him getting sick a bit more than what I think is usual. It's draining. Yeah, he signed up for it. But I think (again, just my opinion) the constant go-go-go between his three outlets has gotten overwhelming.

I think he's just...tired. Although in all the shows I've seen from the beginning of the band through Spokane 2017 (and two more times this weekend), I've never seen him mail in a performance. He's been off at a couple here and there, but its not mailed in. I think that Milwaukee show...isn't that where he started to get a little under the weather again (he's since recovered I think). It could be frustration on his part (I didn't watch the Milwaukee show).

Personally, I'd love to see Myles step away from Slash and the Conspirators, take some time to recharge, and concentrate on his solo career and Alter Bridge.
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I totally agree with Drew and Skywalker on this. Myles may be conserving his energy and voice due to the heavy load he is carrying, and he's never ever been the outgoing showy frontman. But he's still out there on the road with two bands, 3 if you count his solo stuff. Unless you are somehow privy to his inner thoughts and know this is how he feels, to say Myles has mailed it in for his career is an utterly insulting and ignorant statement.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Wild Canadians.

Post by Inconquerable »

Watching this is bringing back memories of seeing them last year before the album came out. I was angry because I wanted to hear One Life, but the guys came out and everybody started cheering. Shut up, people I just want to hear the song!

EDIT: Half acoustic half electric Watch Over You is epic by the way.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

WOW rscotta, that is a rather scathing post lol. I can see where you're coming from. Starting with the TLH tour cycle, Myles has seemingly become much more.... let's just say "relaxed" on stage. I was watching the LFA DVD recently, and when NWTL came on, I remember thinking, "that is some intensity I haven't seen from Myles in a long time." There is a fairly stark contrast between his energy level during the Blackbird era vs. today.

He probably is somewhat burnt out from all the years of relentless touring. When I say burnt out, I don't mean it in the traditional sense of a washed up rock singer who burnt himself out on drug abuse and partying. I mean he has worked really hard, and that eventually brings someone to a state of consistent exhaustion. I recall Myles saying in a recent interview that he is looking to take some time off soon. I can't recall him ever saying that before, so I feel like the guy finally just needs a break.

With that said, I agree with some of the replies above that I would never consider Myles to be mailing it in. He has always given 100% to his craft, which is how he has built such a dedicated following over the years. Note that giving 100% doesn't necessarily mean running around stage every night, screaming and pushing your voice to the point of blowing out. As a true professional, he has tailored his lifestyle to the preservation of his voice so he can deliver the best possible performance every night. And as others have said, he's never been the huge, bombastic frontman type. It seems like his more relaxed onstage demeanor as of late is a reflection of some of the themes he wrote about on WTS: i.e., being content with one's self and living in a way that brings inner peace.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

rscotta831 wrote:.
Well, I will say the dude has no energy to him anymore on the stage. There is a difference between being a introvert and being the frontman of a rock band whose purpose is to put on an entertaining show and connecting with the audience. You can't really be successful if you're both. I don't think it's him being an introvert - I think he's very active trying to purposefully conserve his voice and energy for the long game, really. So he can hit the important high notes every night. So the world tour doesn't wear him down. But I personally didn't like his vocals on this recording. He doesn't sing it like the record enough. He lowers the notes and it doesn't sound right.

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

One Drew Remains wrote:I think this is just how Myles is. He's an introverted guy, and he's never going to run around the stage like Bruce.

I've got no problem with it. Not every frontman needs to be a Vegas style performer like Rose or Roth.
I’ve watched numerous youtube videos pre-2018 where he’s much more energetic and enthusiastic than the WTS tour (watched him live twice this tour). Watch Broken Wings from the Royal Albert Hall. It is far & away my fav version of that song because Myles made it so. Gets the crowd amped throughout. Even goes off the stage to greet the crowd.