Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown and the Raven Age

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown and the Raven Age

Post by anguyen92 »

Per ABW, here's a separate thread to discuss about the Europe tour that begins on Tuesday. First full tour after the album is out. Let us enjoy. Here are the dates below.

Also, I think I may be imagining it, but I think I saw on their Twitter last week that one of their shows in mainland Europe got a venue change in upgrade. I can't remember what show that is though.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

George
Loyal Follower

Re: Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown, Sevendust (UK), and the Raven Age (non-UK)

Post by George »

Too bad that Cologne show is sold-out. =(
It was the one I could attend.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown, Sevendust (UK), and the Raven Age (non-UK)

Post by abw1987 »

Thanks for making this thread! Now that Walk the Sky is out in its entirety, I'm excited to see how quickly they start to pull out new songs for their set list, and which ones they choose to play first.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Good on Copenhagen for already knowing the chorus for Native Son lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Native Son. Damn. Figured they'd add that. I hope they drop it really fast, but I fear they won't. So, so many better songs they could play live...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I agree that there's some better songs that I want them to play live (Walking on the Sky, Clear Horizon, Forever Falling), but Native Son seems like an easy option for them to play since it's a good heavy song to play. I like it.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Only 17 songs, no Dying Light. That's fucking disappointing for their EU tour kick-off show.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Native Son slays there! Also every gig is now spot the new Myles guitar.

Godspeed needs a LOT more dancing. And some getting used to.

Also really is a little crazy how The Last Hero seems to have been totally binned off now.
For all of the hope that it brings...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Love, love, love Native Son! Great job!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Will be at their O2 Arena show in London - the biggest show of their tour! Will be my first AB gig so really looking forward to it.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Going to the Nottingham and Birmingham shows, looking forward to what the setlist looks like for each night!
CrowsOnAWire wrote:Will be at their O2 Arena show in London - the biggest show of their tour! Will be my first AB gig so really looking forward to it.
Ahh, what I'd give to see AB for the first time again! I was 14 and it was also my first actual concert, there are still moments that I remember as if it were yesterday. Enjoy yourself!
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Only 17 songs? That’s a shame

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Thanks for posting those vids! The new songs sound great. Although if I'm honest, Myles sounds a bit lethargic here (and lately in general).
Blackbird wrote:Only 17 songs, no Dying Light. That's fucking disappointing for their EU tour kick-off show.
Lol, settle down there man! They debuted two new songs last night. I'm sure they'll get to "Dying Light" soon enough. And 17 songs is a tad light, but really only 1–2 shy of their usual length. It looks like Shinedown got 8, which is maybe 1–2 longer than most primary openers, so maybe they'll be getting a slightly longer set since they're a bit of a larger act than your typical unknown opener.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

abw1987 wrote:Thanks for posting those vids! The new songs sound great. Although if I'm honest, Myles sounds a bit lethargic here (and lately in general).

Lol, settle down there man! They debuted two new songs last night. I'm sure they'll get to "Dying Light" soon enough. And 17 songs is a tad light, but really only 1–2 shy of their usual length. It looks like Shinedown got 8, which is maybe 1–2 longer than most primary openers, so maybe they'll be getting a slightly longer set since they're a bit of a larger act than your typical unknown opener.
Well, the thing is that Shinedown is not the first band out, The Raven Age is (which should get 30 minutes). Main Support usually plays around 9-10 songs, 45 minutes or so, which is what Shinedown did play.

Devil
Cut the Cord
Enemies
Monsters
Second Chance
Simple Man
Get Up
Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)
Sound of Madness
Brilliant

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/shinedow ... abdf4.html

Also, AB hasn't played Ties That Bind at all this tour, which is their shortest song outside of One Light and factor that with Cry of Achilles and Blackbird combined taking up usually three songs slots on average. AB's 17 song sets would take up around 90-95 minutes which is standard for headlining bands.

Granted, they could have just done the more simpler route and not have a first opening band and give Shinedown an hour and AB three more song slots and every fan there would be happier for it.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

I'd gladly take three less songs from Shinedown and three more from Alter Bridge. We regularly had 20 song sets in the AB III era - but I guess those three more songs probably also mean more stress for Myles' voice, so... in the end surely there's a good reason for it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, not only that, they were playing way too fast for their own good back in AB III and Cry of Achilles wasn't even made at that time which takes up about 7 minutes of their show. They could have fit like two songs in that time frame at the rate they were playing in the AB III era.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

That's a good point. Some of those song speeds were ridiculous. However, I still remember that, at one of the AB III gigs, they played All Hope Is Gone in an absurdly slow pace, much slower than on the album. That was really, really strange.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Hmm I guess you're right Anguyen. I was looking back at some of AB's older tours with lesser-known second slot openers who only played like 7 songs on average. But for their bigger, more recent tours, the second opener would play around 10, so this is nothing out of the ordinary.

@Blackbird that's funny about AHIG. That reminds me of when I saw them opening on the Breaking Benjamin/Disturbed tour, and they closed their set with what seemed at the time like the slowest version of "Rise Today" I'd ever heard. The next day I saw someone had posted a video of it on YouTube, and the tempo was totally normal. I guess I was so used to them playing it at warp speed live, so when I saw them play it back at normal speed, it felt slow. Plus the adrenaline of a live show makes fast tempos feel more normal.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

So I made it to Finland.

Crows on a wire +
Dying light +

Brent lost his voice before Sound of madness, so they cut 1 song.

Shit, I can not hear a sound.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019