Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown and the Raven Age

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown, Sevendust (UK), and the Raven Age (non-UK)

Post by Dolo »

No, they might have captured some shots for a future music video or something.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown, Sevendust (UK), and the Raven Age (non-UK)

Post by abw1987 »

They posted this video of the Warsaw show to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=473157070222610

Some pretty cool footage in there. I gotta see these guys in Poland... looks like a good crowd!

Thierry
Bought The CDs

Post by Thierry »

Saw the guys yesterday in Cologne. Good show though I wasn’t blown away. The setlist was ok, it was great to hear the new songs. Thought it was strange to see Myles on a Tele. Some of the heavy songs suffered from it, the Tele sounded quite thin compared to the PRS. I was annoyed by the way he sang never during Blackbird (Nevah) and by the guy behind me singing out of tune the whole concert. Addicted to Pain is such a strange closing song. It’s a fast paced song that needs to be in the beginning of the set as it gets the crowd going. Maybe they should put Blackbird as the last song.

Anyway I hope they mix the set up a little more. Would love to see some different (new) songs in Amsterdam.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

I actually liked ATP as a closer more than I thought I would, but only after I'd seen it the second time. The outro makes it a pretty cool last song for a set. It's definitely a more powerful choice than Rise Today, although I always liked that as a closer as well.

Thierry
Bought The CDs

Post by Thierry »

Forgot to mention. I’ve recorded the full show on audio. Will post it later today or tomorrow on dimeadozen.

Thierry
Bought The CDs

Post by Thierry »

Just posted the recording of Cologne on dimeadozen

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

A heavy and fast last song leaves crowd wanting more.

Nice choice.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Seems like they've just debuted Forever Falling in Vienna.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Blackbird wrote:Seems like they've just debuted Forever Falling in Vienna.
They even streamed it on facebook. Sadly with poor quality, which is quite obvious since it's filmed from the stage. Too bad they don't have a budget like Metallica recording pro shots from every gig.
https://www.facebook.com/alterbridge/vi ... 053604786/

SchleifXnation
Brand New Start

Post by SchleifXnation »

Thierry wrote:Just posted the recording of Cologne on dimeadozen
Could you dm the link to the webstie

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

GO AUDIO (Germany) provides sound system equipment rental tour.

Last edited by Torsten on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

So great but they really have to extend that ending.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Nice video! Debuts can be really hit-or-miss—on one hand, they want to make a good impression (especially in the age of YouTube) and haven't yet figured out where to be lazy and skip high notes, etc.; on the other, they aren't as well-practiced at playing the song at full volume yet—but this one is on the better end of the spectrum. That interlude is so nice. I suspect their vocals will only get better with practice.

Cool pics Torsten!

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

I was at the concert last night in Zürich. This was the setlist:
One Life
Wouldn't You Rather
Isolation
Come To Life
Metalingus
Cry Of Achilles
Pay No Mind
Rise Today
Broken Wings
Waters Rising
Blackbird
Forever Falling
Native Son
In Lovin Memory (acoustic)
Ghost Of Days Gone By
Open Your Eyes

Encore:
Godspeed
Addicted To Pain

I was really impressed by the vocals of Tremonti in Waters Rising and Forever Falling. He hit every note perfectly, just wow! You can see an improvement here definitely. I always found Rise Today kind of boring, but yesterday it was real fun, the crowd was singing along in the refrain. When the song was over, the crowd kept going on singing "yeaaah, ooh yeeeeah, I wanna rise today and change this world". Myles was smiling and joining the crowd with some country/bluesy music and kept smiling like forever. That was an awesome moment.

Great conert, once again!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Are you sure about the song order? Would be a pretty huge deviation from their other sets, e.g. they would've swapped the positions of Metalingus and Ghost.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

Blackbird wrote:Are you sure about the song order? Would be a pretty huge deviation from their other sets, e.g. they would've swapped the positions of Metalingus and Ghost.
No, I am not. I got it from setlist.fm. And now that you mention it, I remember that they played Ghost earlier and Metalingus way later. My bad.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Sounds like an awesome time! Thanks for sharing. You should post this over in our concert reviews forum too – it would be cool to have more of people's experience memorialized over there.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

Thomz87 wrote:
Blackbird wrote:Are you sure about the song order? Would be a pretty huge deviation from their other sets, e.g. they would've swapped the positions of Metalingus and Ghost.
No, I am not. I got it from setlist.fm. And now that you mention it, I remember that they played Ghost earlier and Metalingus way later. My bad.

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

Alter bridge rock in the castle in italy luglio 2020!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Sad news, guys. Per Sevendust's Twitter, Sevendust will not be part of the UK tour due to Morgan Rose feeling ill and under doctor's orders to not leave the country. I don't think it's officially confirmed, but I think Raven Age is going to replace them.