Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown and the Raven Age

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
jailman
Bought The CDs

Re: Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown, Sevendust (UK), and the Raven Age (non-UK)

Post by jailman »

wanted to go see a show on this tour, but not gonna make it.

Weird that Shinedown plays just 8 songs. In the US it would be the other way around. AB opening for Shinedown.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown, Sevendust (UK), and the Raven Age (non-UK)

Post by abw1987 »

Yeah it is funny when bands have opposite popularity in Europe vs. the US. Europe has it right, IMO. Shinedown's music is so boring compared to AB's. Their first two albums were great; after that they've done nothing interesting.
GazEd wrote:So I made it to Finland.

Crows on a wire +
Dying light +

Brent lost his voice before Sound of madness, so they cut 1 song.

Shit, I can not hear a sound.
Nice, so they have already performed "Dying Light" after all!

I watched a video of that Crows performance and it was probably the least inspired I've seen them do. Myles barely went for the high notes and skipped a lot of them, and Mark didn't do the harmonies in the final chorus (which is my favorite part when they play this live). I wonder if Myles is not feeling 100%, or maybe his voice has just reached a point of extended fatigue.

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

RevenantGB wrote:Going to the Nottingham and Birmingham shows, looking forward to what the setlist looks like for each night!
CrowsOnAWire wrote:Will be at their O2 Arena show in London - the biggest show of their tour! Will be my first AB gig so really looking forward to it.
Ahh, what I'd give to see AB for the first time again! I was 14 and it was also my first actual concert, there are still moments that I remember as if it were yesterday. Enjoy yourself!
I'll be in Birmingham :headbang Getting excited!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

abw1987 wrote:Yeah it is funny when bands have opposite popularity in Europe vs. the US. Europe has it right, IMO. Shinedown's music is so boring compared to AB's. Their first two albums were great; after that they've done nothing interesting.
Sound of Madness has some really good songs on it, too, but they already started to move in the pop-rock direction back then. Everything afterwards - except for a few songs (I'll Follow You, For My Sake and Dangerous come to my mind) - has been horrible.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

abw1987 wrote:Yeah it is funny when bands have opposite popularity in Europe vs. the US. Europe has it right, IMO.
Europe might have had it right, but believe me, the maddest thing I saw was like... Sitting down during Metallingus?

I remember we had a short discussion a couple of weeks ago, but this is a fucking rock concert. At least jump up!

I can for sure compare it to Russia where we get true gigs very rarely. I am still amazed by Godsmack who came here twice in four years. And believe me it was pure madness with moshpits and stagediving, the way it has to be.

Above that, I would like to mention one thing. I loved the gig and all, but before ab hit the stage, someone knocked me on the back. I turned around and saw a lady, who said "Didn't you mess it up with your height?"

I was like wtf?!

I must mention, that I am pretty tall and as I approached the arena q hour before the doors opened, I was like the 20th in the queue. I was impressed that I made it to the rail! Does not happen often with me. But I was on the far left not to mess with the guys in the middle and not to get into everyone's way.

But what the hell!

The lady said that she wanted to see Myles as well and her daughter was not happy to be in the second row.

When I smiled and offered the girl my place she fucking pushed me.and took my place. And noone even said thanks.

There you go with the Finnish comfort.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-br ... a99e9.html

Looks like Watch Over You has made a return to the setlist and Addicted To Pain was used to close out the night

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Watch Over You was also played non-acoustic for the first time in forever.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Blackbird wrote:Watch Over You was also played non-acoustic for the first time in forever.
Here's a video. At first, I thought it was acoustic, but then I forgot how the studio version went for a brief moment and thought why Myles is standing when he's usually on a stool. Usually, I like the track all acoustically, but it's nice to break the trend here and bring everyone else during the bridge onwards.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Why did they stop playing Buried Alive and Burn it Down?
With the exception of new songs, the setlist has been boring. The same songs all over again...

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Silvercreed wrote:Why did they stop playing Buried Alive and Burn it Down?
With the exception of new songs, the setlist has been boring. The same songs all over again...
I guess they only played Burn It Down and Broken Wings because of Myles being sick and Mark being most comfortable singing these songs?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Wow that version of WOY is very cool. Have they done it like that before, with the first half acoustic, and the second chorus onward electric? I've seen full electric and obviously full acoustic versions but never a hybrid like that before. Interesting to close the set with ATP as well!

They just posted a thank you video of the Helsinki show as well: https://www.facebook.com/alterbridge/vi ... 980715613/

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

So awesome that they did the electric version of Watch Over You!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

That vid features my legendary left sleeve while buying a t-shirt

Weeee
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

abw1987 wrote:Wow that version of WOY is very cool. Have they done it like that before, with the first half acoustic, and the second chorus onward electric? I've seen full electric and obviously full acoustic versions but never a hybrid like that before. Interesting to close the set with ATP as well!

They just posted a thank you video of the Helsinki show as well: https://www.facebook.com/alterbridge/vi ... 980715613/
They haven’t split it up like this before. Definitely very interesting to see it done this way, even 12 years after the initial release!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Right? I love when they play with the arrangements live like this.

Reminds me of how they used to do ILM with most of the song acoustic, and then Scott would Walk back to the kit for the final chorus. The full drums coming in would always hit me in the feels.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Songs like Crows On A Wire and White Knuckles over stuff from the new album is pretty weak. At least swap out Waters Rising for Forever Falling.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I am pleased that they seem to have realized Rise Today has run its course as a closer. Open Your Eyes is the ideal closer for US shows but I understand they have bigger hits overseas so it's cool that they're experimenting with that.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

scarecrow wrote:Songs like Crows On A Wire and White Knuckles over stuff from the new album is pretty weak. At least swap out Waters Rising for Forever Falling.
Heck no! White Knuckles is one of their best live songs, it just kicks ass. Waters Rising is superior to Forever Falling as a song on every imaginable level.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

In this interview it sounds like as of now they only plan to play 7 songs off of WTS (and only 4 per night):

As I recall they've already played 6, so I wonder what the 7th will be. Hopefully they'll decide to add more as the WTS tour cycle progresses.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

I would love to see the title track, clear horizon or forever falling to get a chance to be heard live. Of those my bet is on Forever Falling