How awkward do you think this moment was?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

How awkward do you think this moment was?

Post by scarecrow »

Does anyone know the story behind this photo?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: How awkward do you think this moment was?

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, the story behind this photo was mainly Creed and Slash/Myles/Conspirators were on the same day for a festival (I believe it was Rocklahoma) in 2012 and people gathered (except Flip) and took the photo. Not much really developed beyond that. Months later, Tremonti opened for Slash/Myles/Conspirators in London and there was another big get together of a photo (and this was during when Wolfgang Van Halen was still in the band). No awkwardness in that photo.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I knew that it was this pic before I even clicked the thread. But I think the story was that they all had a show in the same area/festival and met up. I guess flip is taking the pic lol

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

It reminds me of George Costanza's worlds colliding. Killing independent George.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

it is kind of a cursed picture

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

On a related note, there's some talks from Mark about wanting to do a tour with AB, Tremonti, Sevendust, Projected, Slash, etc. Promoters are not behind the idea of that kind of tour since the fanbase would mainly be the same. Not really a big crossover that can attract bigger audiences like this current AB/Skillet tour, but Mark's pulling for it to happen some day.
Recently we had George Lynch on the show and George revealed us that Dokken and Lynch Mob will be getting together for a co-headliner tour next year - that's gonna be insane. So I have to ask you: on your time off, has the thought ever came into your mind that maybe it would be cool to do Alter Bridge-Creed co-headliner tour?

"You know, we have talked about doing like... We've talked about doing, like, an Alter Bridge, Sevendust, and Tremonti. Like, all the bands with all their side projects.

"But people punch holes in it, the promoters are, like, 'You're just bringing the same fanbase.' If a band like Sevendust is gonna, like, all your side projects, a band like Alter Bridge, it's the same fan base so the promoters poke holes in it.

"But one day, we're just gonna be, like, 'We're just doing it, you're either onboard or not.'"
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... heory.html

Personally, if AB will not give us an "Evening With" kind of tour with no openers and longer sets, the next best thing would be for Myles to be the opener and get an hour alone acoustically playing solo stuff and some AB and Slash stuff acoustically, and then he goes full throttle with AB getting their regular playing time. He's never going to get behind that idea since we all know how he is when it comes to warming up and preserve his voice for a long tour. I'm willing to compromise the idea of the "Evening With" format for something like that though.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The most awkward thing about this photo is that during an interview, a radio host asked Stapp how it felt to meet Myles on this occasion, and Stapp never answered the question. Instead, he acted as if he had been asked about Slash, and he said that he was was amazing, that he was a hero of his, yada yada yada...
I mean, Myles' face says it all on this picture.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

One thing's for sure, for however awkward this picture looks...I'm sure the actual moment was 100x more awkward.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

anguyen92 wrote:On a related note, there's some talks from Mark about wanting to do a tour with AB, Tremonti, Sevendust, Projected, Slash, etc. Promoters are not behind the idea of that kind of tour since the fanbase would mainly be the same. Not really a big crossover that can attract bigger audiences like this current AB/Skillet tour, but Mark's pulling for it to happen some day.
Recently we had George Lynch on the show and George revealed us that Dokken and Lynch Mob will be getting together for a co-headliner tour next year - that's gonna be insane. So I have to ask you: on your time off, has the thought ever came into your mind that maybe it would be cool to do Alter Bridge-Creed co-headliner tour?

"You know, we have talked about doing like... We've talked about doing, like, an Alter Bridge, Sevendust, and Tremonti. Like, all the bands with all their side projects.

"But people punch holes in it, the promoters are, like, 'You're just bringing the same fanbase.' If a band like Sevendust is gonna, like, all your side projects, a band like Alter Bridge, it's the same fan base so the promoters poke holes in it.

"But one day, we're just gonna be, like, 'We're just doing it, you're either onboard or not.'"

Personally, if AB will not give us an "Evening With" kind of tour with no openers and longer sets, the next best thing would be for Myles to be the opener and get an hour alone acoustically playing solo stuff and some AB and Slash stuff acoustically, and then he goes full throttle with AB getting their regular playing time. He's never going to get behind that idea since we all know how he is when it comes to warming up and preserve his voice for a long tour. I'm willing to compromise the idea of the "Evening With" format for something like that though.
I saw this interview but Mark never really addressed Creed + AB tour. Instead he went to talk about the rest, and there's some hope for the future but maybe not for Creed + AB. I feel like Mark even though he has a Creed record written isn't as open as Scott is. I feel like Scott needs Creed more than Mark does. I hope one day we can get a festival with all the related bands but doubt it will happen. Now if Creed comes back (I think this is 25% happening/ 75% not happening) I can see the chances of Creed + AB happening increase. But you wonder who would headline, unless you know you do a super group sort of thing and switch out members and shuffle bands songs and not have a clear separation. While the promoters are probably right that AB and Tremonti's bases overlap, I think that Creed & AB overlap a lot less. You have Creed fans that aren't into AB and AB fans not at all into Creed and then a decent amount that are into both.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I don't think Scott would be ok with a Creed + AB tour, honestly. This is just me going off of the things Scott had to say about the "other band" in his book a few years ago. I'm sure this could have changed, but I just don't see that happening.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

VigilantSteve wrote:One thing's for sure, for however awkward this picture looks...I'm sure the actual moment was 100x more awkward.
Definitely. And 2012 was when Creed was falling apart again.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

TheEndisHere wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:On a related note, there's some talks from Mark about wanting to do a tour with AB, Tremonti, Sevendust, Projected, Slash, etc. Promoters are not behind the idea of that kind of tour since the fanbase would mainly be the same. Not really a big crossover that can attract bigger audiences like this current AB/Skillet tour, but Mark's pulling for it to happen some day.

I saw this interview but Mark never really addressed Creed + AB tour. Instead he went to talk about the rest, and there's some hope for the future but maybe not for Creed + AB. I feel like Mark even though he has a Creed record written isn't as open as Scott is. I feel like Scott needs Creed more than Mark does. I hope one day we can get a festival with all the related bands but doubt it will happen. Now if Creed comes back (I think this is 25% happening/ 75% not happening) I can see the chances of Creed + AB happening increase. But you wonder who would headline, unless you know you do a super group sort of thing and switch out members and shuffle bands songs and not have a clear separation. While the promoters are probably right that AB and Tremonti's bases overlap, I think that Creed & AB overlap a lot less. You have Creed fans that aren't into AB and AB fans not at all into Creed and then a decent amount that are into both.
I think if Creed ever does reunite again it's at least ten years away. At some point there will be demand for late 90s / early 00s nostalgia but that time is not now.

I'll never forget seeing them in 2009 in an arena that was 70% empty. The same venue I'd seen them play to a sold out crowd 7 years earlier. It was really kind of sad. I respected them for actually going through with the show. A lot of bands would've canceled.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

scarecrow wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:

I think if Creed ever does reunite again it's at least ten years away. At some point there will be demand for late 90s / early 00s nostalgia but that time is not now.

I'll never forget seeing them in 2009 in an arena that was 70% empty. The same venue I'd seen them play to a sold out crowd 7 years earlier. It was really kind of sad. I respected them for actually going through with the show. A lot of bands would've canceled.
Yeah, I went to their first reunion show in Pittsburgh in 2009. They were upgrading a ton of people's lawn tickets for free so that they could fill up the pavilion's seats. Still had a pretty decent turn out overall, but far from when I had seen them at the same place in the summer of 2002 as well.

That said, Scott also sounded terrible on that tour. I remember being extremely disappointed with that at the time, especially since their 2002 concert was (and still is) one of my top 3 favorite shows I've ever been to. I still can't believe they recorded and released a live DVD with Stapp sounding like that too...I never was able to watch it more than once. Really wish they would've waited until the 2011/2012 tour to record that DVD.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

I see Creed reunion sooner than most people, within 5 years. I'm not saying it's all about money but man they make a shit ton of money off Creed. Even if they are playing outdoor ampitheaters and pulling 5-8K people that's great dough, American dollars. And yes , 90's generation is nostalgia crazy and we have money to spend. And the best thing about it for the guys is that they can bring their families along and don't have to travel overseas for long stretches. Stapp appears to really have his shit together right now but it's all up to Mark. Mark has little tolerance for Stapps sociopathic behavior and yes Stapp needs Creed more than Tremonti so it's all up to Mark if he wants to risk another Stapp meltdown.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

prslover wrote:I see Creed reunion sooner than most people, within 5 years. I'm not saying it's all about money but man they make a shit ton of money off Creed. Even if they are playing outdoor ampitheaters and pulling 5-8K people that's great dough, American dollars. And yes , 90's generation is nostalgia crazy and we have money to spend. And the best thing about it for the guys is that they can bring their families along and don't have to travel overseas for long stretches. Stapp appears to really have his shit together right now but it's all up to Mark. Mark has little tolerance for Stapps sociopathic behavior and yes Stapp needs Creed more than Tremonti so it's all up to Mark if he wants to risk another Stapp meltdown.
So true. I think Mark (who I think has the backing of Brian & Flip) holds all the cards. Mark is always the one to downplay the rumors and Scott is the ones to play them up. Mark really would get to set a lot of the terms. I don't see it happening for a few years. AB will be on tour until end of 2020 at the earliest no doubt and Mark is already talking up working on a new Tremonti album. Now I think the next SMKC album is going to be awhile off since AB is touring, GNR is touring and possibly making an album and then touring which would keep Slash busy for quite awhile. Earliest anything Creed related would happen is probably late 2021 at this point.

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

scarecrow wrote:I'll never forget seeing them in 2009 in an arena that was 70% empty. The same venue I'd seen them play to a sold out crowd 7 years earlier. It was really kind of sad. I respected them for actually going through with the show. A lot of bands would've canceled.
I saw Shinedown here in Huntsville in 2012 in our arena that was about 80% empty...the same venue I had seen them fill very well in 2010. I told my wife then they will never come back here. I was embarrassed for them. Boy was I wrong. They've come back twice since and filled the place nicely.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

scarecrow wrote:It reminds me of George Costanza's worlds colliding. Killing independent George.
I literally belly laughed at this. :lol

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

scarecrow wrote:Does anyone know the story behind this photo?

That was a weird moment. lol

Yes, it was Rocklahoma 2012 and Slash played before Creed on the line-up.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

It's like your ex girlfriend taking a picture with your wife and bridesmaid or something.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

One Drew Remains wrote:It's like your ex girlfriend taking a picture with your wife and bridesmaid or something.
Stapp totally is the outsider in the picture. Everyone else has arms around each other. Stapp's arm is down and he is pointing to the other guys. Myles is center.