Walk The Sky Production Quality.

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Walk The Sky Production Quality.

Post by riemslag1 »

Indeed Fortress was their last Gem. TLH and WTS so much worse after their first 4 excellent albums. So much more potential in this band. Hope they will be able to upgrade their songwriting again for ABVII.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

TenaciousBe wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:53 am Walk The Sky is a great album, sounds fantastic, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
Yup, it's great. Stuff like Walking on the Sky is right up there with the best stuff they've done. Couple of misses on there too, but that's the case with most of their albums.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think if Walk The Sky was the follow up to Fortress/didn’t have a large chunk of its touring cycle canceled due to Covid, it would largely stand out more in their catalog. I think the album is right on par with AB III.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

So I will admit, I haven't really listened to WTS in a while (I generally don't get a ton of free time to just listen to albums these days, aside from driving to work but I live like 2 minutes away). So I busted it out yesterday, gave a few songs a little listen, and just, WOW. Especially with the addition of the synth sounds, it's just downright fantastic. If people are saying it's a weak album, and haven't listened to it in a while, I'd suggest giving it a fresh listen with an open mind.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

TenaciousBe wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:47 pm So I will admit, I haven't really listened to WTS in a while (I generally don't get a ton of free time to just listen to albums these days, aside from driving to work but I live like 2 minutes away). So I busted it out yesterday, gave a few songs a little listen, and just, WOW. Especially with the addition of the synth sounds, it's just downright fantastic. If people are saying it's a weak album, and haven't listened to it in a while, I'd suggest giving it a fresh listen with an open mind.
yup, walk the sky is legit. top 3 ab record for me. a significant course correction from the last hero.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Rick Rubin is known for his terrible role in the loudness war.
Californication was an amazing album, but a sonic mess.

The Red Hot Chili peppers just released a new album. And guess what? It's sounding great!
Flea himself addressed the issue last week on twitter :
For you audiophiles out there, the new rhcp record is mastered directly from the tape we recorded it on, no computers, no lame compression or limiters.
source: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... iters.html

So if Rick Rubin can finally redeem himself after 20 years of nonsense, so should Elvis.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

For you audiophiles out there, the new rhcp record is mastered directly from the tape we recorded it on, no computers, no lame compression or limiters.
Too bad he had to phrase it in such a way, ending up coming across like an ultimate boomer and edgelord. 'Uuuuu back in the day we didn't have computers and we still made music' - it's like I was listening to my own dad rambling about 'good old days' because what we have today is all shit, even though back in the day you had to go to a studio and spent a couple thousands of bucks on your recording and now you can make it on your own PC.
Also, compression could be really useful.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Another band who did a 180 on production is Ghost.
Meliora was a great album, but its compression was insane.
The new album is the exact opposite: the songs are awful, but sonically, it's the best the band has ever sounded.

See, I'm giving examples to show that almost every major band out there is finally stoping the loudness war nonsense.
Alter Bridge is the only top tier rock band I can think of that still releases awfully produced/mixed/mastered albums. I hope they prove me wrong with AB7.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

"Alter Bridge is the only top tier rock band I can think of that still releases awfully produced/mixed/mastered albums"

Yeah all of AB's albums are like that sadly.

Other than One Day Remains.

Regardless, a CD will still have better dynamics than a youtube video.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

i remain baffled by how buried mark's vocals are on 'forever falling'

still my favorite track on the album but woof

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

chtimixeur wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:18 am Another band who did a 180 on production is Ghost.
Meliora was a great album, but its compression was insane.
The new album is the exact opposite: the songs are awful, but sonically, it's the best the band has ever sounded.

See, I'm giving examples to show that almost every major band out there is finally stoping the loudness war nonsense.
Alter Bridge is the only top tier rock band I can think of that still releases awfully produced/mixed/mastered albums. I hope they prove me wrong with AB7.
Impera's songs are good though :shrug
Haha "opinions", I know

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I'm responding to Tim here, since I don't want to pollute the AB7 thread with production related stuff.
TTournier wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 pm A few pages ago someone made a personal attack on Elvis saying no one else works with Elvis...
Please prove me wrong.
Which top tier band outside of the Mark and Myles circle of friends (Sevendust, Slash, Wolfie) has worked with Elvis during the last 10 years?
Trivium recorded an album with them, and it was one of the two worst received albums of their career.
Ever since then, everybody has loved what they've been doing (including me).

Also, how is this personal? :headscratch
I don't know Elvis. I just don't like his work at all and think the band could go to the next level with another producer, like Joe Barresi or Nick Raskulinecz just to name a few.

TTournier wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 pmChevelle moved on ( blah blah blah) but like, the facts are thats not true at all!
Here are some facts about Chevelle:
Wonder What's Next (2002): Garth Richardson
This Type of Thinking Could Do Us In (2004): Elvis
Ven Sera (2007): Elvis
Sci-Fi Crimes: Brian Virtue
Hats Off to the Bull (2011): Joe Barresi
La Gárgola (2014): Joe Barresi
The North Corridor (2016): Joe Barresi
Niratias (2021): Joe Barresi

I've just said that I thought Joe Barresi was amazing and lots of top tier bands are willing to hire him.

TTournier wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 pmDo I just not say anything and let people keep barfing up nonsensical fiction?
:wtf
A rep of the band shouldn't comment to people like that.

TTournier wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 pmthose people are just bullies.
Calling people trolls, haters or bullies is such an easy way out.
There are 1500 posts of mine on this board. Please find one where I'm bullying any other member or being rude. This is not the kind of person I am.
Instead of calling us names, you guys should be thankful fans like myself and others are taking the time to say how we feel about certain things. Whether you believe it or not, we care and want our favourite bands to improve and thrive.

I respect everyones opinion and feel everyone to listens to the band deserves to have one.
Say you dont like the production, all good!
Are you still sure about that? :headscratch

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Lots to unpack here -
What top bands have worked with Elvis in the last ten years? Dude has a sheet a mile long, i believe he had something like 6 or 7 number 1’s last year. He is always doing a record for a pretty cool project or writing on something that commercially does really well.
Some bands like trivium do one record and some like Chevelle do a few.. Sometimes it’s not a great fit and others it’s timing.. a lot of bands only like doing a record with a producer and then changing it up as a part of their experience. All is fair, the comment made before was slamming Elvis making statements like they are facts about him/his work/ like there is some kind of issue and that’s just not cool. I know alot of what happens there - I won’t share that info but I can say with 100% certainty the assumption was wrong. We take a lot of his time noting every record is months of work… bands like cold rain are one of the biggest rock bands in Japan, so to be fair - just because you don’t know them doesn’t mean they aren’t top tier. You completely pushedFalling in Reserve to the side - that band is massive. Hit after hit, Elvis did all the records and co-wrote the last few singles. Can’t get better than #1 and gold records these days.

I have worked with both Joe and Nick. Both great dudes and do great things. No slag there at all. Different guys have interviewed with some of my bands (not AB) and it just wasn’t a fit…
Nick did my favorite mastodon album, that album was a one and done for mastodon, so it’s all about the personal experience. It’s an emotional thing to make a record.
Joe worked on a few records for me, love that dude but not the right fit for AB.

If people are just saying nonsense and presenting as fact, I can and will say something. Because I work for AB I can’t comment on that? Come on man, THAT is an easy way out. I have opinions as well, I can share them same as you. I actually know these people you’re talking about, like literally all of them - that’s the funny thing. You’re guessing on how it works but I am actually telling you how it works and ya don’t like it. That’s odd to me..

There’s a lot of people who troll in this group (I get shit talking DM’s, someone from this board sent DM’s to my mom - that just happened last week FYI) some awesome folks as well.. I have been coming here for 17 years or so, I have seen it as a fan, a friend of the guys and now as their business partner. It’s not name calling, i am saying it’s ok to not like something but I see some folks put targets on peoples backs (like elvis) and I’m saying (as the guy in the room) it’s not Elvis you don’t like - it’s alter bridge. For someone to write to my mom saying I am a piece of shit, it made for a funny conversation between my mom and I but it’s completely uncalled for. That is a bully and a troll… but I bet you didn’t know about that did ya? You just ran with whatever narrative made you feel better.. that is also odd to me.

Anyone can have an opinion, totally cool. I come here all the time but comment so rarely because I don’t feel the need to engage when folks are staying how they feel regardless of my personal feelings, it’s their right as a fan!

I hope that all made sense to ya, sorry for misspellings and rambling. I’m writing via my phone with one hand as I am rocking my kid to sleep.. not writing ya for my health, I’m writing because I honestly care and value your opinion. I wish you would value my insight on the band we both love so much.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

TTournier wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:33 pm Lots to unpack here -
What top bands have worked with Elvis in the last ten years? Dude has a sheet a mile long, i believe he had something like 6 or 7 number 1’s last year. He is always doing a record for a pretty cool project or writing on something that commercially does really well.
Some bands like trivium do one record and some like Chevelle do a few.. Sometimes it’s not a great fit and others it’s timing.. a lot of bands only like doing a record with a producer and then changing it up as a part of their experience. All is fair, the comment made before was slamming Elvis making statements like they are facts about him/his work/ like there is some kind of issue and that’s just not cool. I know alot of what happens there - I won’t share that info but I can say with 100% certainty the assumption was wrong. We take a lot of his time noting every record is months of work… bands like cold rain are one of the biggest rock bands in Japan, so to be fair - just because you don’t know them doesn’t mean they aren’t top tier. You completely pushedFalling in Reserve to the side - that band is massive. Hit after hit, Elvis did all the records and co-wrote the last few singles. Can’t get better than #1 and gold records these days.

I have worked with both Joe and Nick. Both great dudes and do great things. No slag there at all. Different guys have interviewed with some of my bands (not AB) and it just wasn’t a fit…
Nick did my favorite mastodon album, that album was a one and done for mastodon, so it’s all about the personal experience. It’s an emotional thing to make a record.
Joe worked on a few records for me, love that dude but not the right fit for AB.

If people are just saying nonsense and presenting as fact, I can and will say something. Because I work for AB I can’t comment on that? Come on man, THAT is an easy way out. I have opinions as well, I can share them same as you. I actually know these people you’re talking about, like literally all of them - that’s the funny thing. You’re guessing on how it works but I am actually telling you how it works and ya don’t like it. That’s odd to me..

There’s a lot of people who troll in this group (I get shit talking DM’s, someone from this board sent DM’s to my mom - that just happened last week FYI) some awesome folks as well.. I have been coming here for 17 years or so, I have seen it as a fan, a friend of the guys and now as their business partner. It’s not name calling, i am saying it’s ok to not like something but I see some folks put targets on peoples backs (like elvis) and I’m saying (as the guy in the room) it’s not Elvis you don’t like - it’s alter bridge. For someone to write to my mom saying I am a piece of shit, it made for a funny conversation between my mom and I but it’s completely uncalled for. That is a bully and a troll… but I bet you didn’t know about that did ya? You just ran with whatever narrative made you feel better.. that is also odd to me.

Anyone can have an opinion, totally cool. I come here all the time but comment so rarely because I don’t feel the need to engage when folks are staying how they feel regardless of my personal feelings, it’s their right as a fan!

I hope that all made sense to ya, sorry for misspellings and rambling. I’m writing via my phone with one hand as I am rocking my kid to sleep.. not writing ya for my health, I’m writing because I honestly care and value your opinion. I wish you would value my insight on the band we both love so much.
Stop running away from the real question:

When are they going to record On My Way Now

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

nagpo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:33 am
TTournier wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:33 pm Lots to unpack here -

Stop running away from the real question:

When are they going to record On My Way Now
Fucking PREACH
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

TTournier wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:33 pm
WTF?? Someone seriously DM'd your mom to talk shit about you? JFC some people are ridiculous. :rolleyes :facepalm

btw, is your baby daughter on twitter? Asking for a friend... :P

Seriously though, I always appreciate hearing from you and getting your insight on here, TT. Can't wait to rock some new AB this summer and fall!! :rockon
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Firstly: thanks, Tim, for answering my message.
We might not agree on Elvis and stuff, but I respect you for taking the time to answer me.
:bow
TTournier wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:33 pmAll is fair, the comment made before was slamming Elvis making statements like they are facts about him/his work/ like there is some kind of issue and that’s just not cool. I know alot of what happens there - I won’t share that info but I can say with 100% certainty the assumption was wrong.
I have no idea if you're talking about me or what exactly you're talking about.
As I said, there is nothing personal against Elvis, as far as I'm concerned. I'm just not a fan of the way the albums he produces do sound, and it's been like that since 2007. I love some of the songs he produces, especially Chevelle and AB, but not how they sound.

You completely pushed Falling in Reserve to the side - that band is massive. Hit after hit, Elvis did all the records and co-wrote the last few singles.
I wouldn't call them massive, but it looks like they're doing okay.
Good for them. I'll always repsect bands who work their ass of, even if I'm not a fan of their music.

Worst news of 2022, as far as I'm concerned! :no
I can almost imagine how incredible they would sound with him at the helm. But if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be...

If people are just saying nonsense and presenting as fact, I can and will say something. Because I work for AB I can’t comment on that? Come on man, THAT is an easy way out. I have opinions as well, I can share them same as you. I actually know these people you’re talking about, like literally all of them - that’s the funny thing. You’re guessing on how it works but I am actually telling you how it works and ya don’t like it.
What is nonsensical about my posts? I'm just saying the all the AB albums after Blackbird have sounded bad (Fortress being the only exception), and that the band would benefit from working with someone with a fresh perspective and better technical skills. It's just an opinion. I care about sound and dynamics in general, and it's mystery to me that Mark and Myles validate those insanely compressed albums. I don't understand it, and probably never will.
Look at the Deftones: they had a bad sounding album in 2016 (Gore), and instead of saying it was sonically amazing, they immediately admitted there was an issue with its mix, and on the next record, they rectified their mistake, hired the amazing Terry Date once again, and delievered a great sound album.

There’s a lot of people who troll in this group (I get shit talking DM’s, someone from this board sent DM’s to my mom - that just happened last week FYI)
For someone to write to my mom saying I am a piece of shit, it made for a funny conversation between my mom and I but it’s completely uncalled for. That is a bully and a troll… but I bet you didn’t know about that did ya?
Nope, and it sucks.
Sadly, these days, almost anyone who's somewhat famous gets bullied, harassed or even threatened online.
I've seen it happen to quite a few small-ish Youtubers in my country.
It's just the way it is on the Internet, and there's no going back to the good ol' days when everyone was respectful (were they?). There's definitely been a paradigm shift with the rise of social media, and sadly, celebrities either need to grow a thick skin or quit social media altogether.

i am saying it’s ok to not like something but I see some folks put targets on peoples backs (like elvis)
Come on, we're not putting a target on his back here. This place is quite respectful, and the mods wouldn't tolerate it if that wasn't the case.
All I'm reading is dedicated fans who enjoy having deep conversations about their favourite band, and one of our regular topics is the production issues. Why are we talking about that? Because it's never been addressed by the band in 15 years.
Fans talk about it here.
They talk about it on Ultimate Guitar every time there's an article about AB.
They talk about it on Youtube, and I'm sure they talk about it on other places.
Not all those people are trolls. Far from it, actually, and I think most of them deeply care about AB.
Now, I can understand that Mark and Myles are friends with Elvis and want to defend him no matter what. Kudos to them for being loyal like that. But just because they're friends doesn't mean there's no issue with their pal's work.

and I’m saying (as the guy in the room) it’s not Elvis you don’t like - it’s alter bridge.
I don't agree. As I said above, I love their songs and the emotions they provide when I listen to them.
I love the way all 4 members play individually.
I like or love most of their side projects (Creed, MF4, and to a lesser extent, Slash and the solo stuff).
I just don't like how they choose to sonically present the AB material to the world. I believe you when you say it's their decision ultimately. I just think it's a poor one. Once again, it's just a random opinion from a random guy on the Internet.

Anyone can have an opinion, totally cool.
Fine, then! :cheers

I’m writing because I honestly care and value your opinion. I wish you would value my insight on the band we both love so much.
I value it.
I respect you.
But I guess we'll never agree about some stuff, which is NOT a problem as far as I'm concerned.
Let's just agree to disagree, and just to be clear, there is no ill will towards you, the AB guys or Elvis coming from me. I'm just not a hateful guy, but I'll admit I definitely have stong opinions about stuff I'm passionnate about.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

chtimixeur wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:50 pm Firstly: thanks, Tim, for answering my message.
We might not agree on Elvis and stuff, but I respect you for taking the time to answer me.
:bow
TTournier wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:33 pmAll is fair, the comment made before was slamming Elvis making statements like they are facts about him/his work/ like there is some kind of issue and that’s just not cool. I know alot of what happens there - I won’t share that info but I can say with 100% certainty the assumption was wrong.
I have no idea if you're talking about me or what exactly you're talking about.
As I said, there is nothing personal against Elvis, as far as I'm concerned. I'm just not a fan of the way the albums he produces do sound, and it's been like that since 2007. I love some of the songs he produces, especially Chevelle and AB, but not how they sound.

You completely pushed Falling in Reserve to the side - that band is massive. Hit after hit, Elvis did all the records and co-wrote the last few singles.
I wouldn't call them massive, but it looks like they're doing okay.
Good for them. I'll always repsect bands who work their ass of, even if I'm not a fan of their music.

Worst news of 2022, as far as I'm concerned! :no
I can almost imagine how incredible they would sound with him at the helm. But if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be...

If people are just saying nonsense and presenting as fact, I can and will say something. Because I work for AB I can’t comment on that? Come on man, THAT is an easy way out. I have opinions as well, I can share them same as you. I actually know these people you’re talking about, like literally all of them - that’s the funny thing. You’re guessing on how it works but I am actually telling you how it works and ya don’t like it.
What is nonsensical about my posts? I'm just saying the all the AB albums after Blackbird have sounded bad (Fortress being the only exception), and that the band would benefit from working with someone with a fresh perspective and better technical skills. It's just an opinion. I care about sound and dynamics in general, and it's mystery to me that Mark and Myles validate those insanely compressed albums. I don't understand it, and probably never will.
Look at the Deftones: they had a bad sounding album in 2016 (Gore), and instead of saying it was sonically amazing, they immediately admitted there was an issue with its mix, and on the next record, they rectified their mistake, hired the amazing Terry Date once again, and delievered a great sound album.

There’s a lot of people who troll in this group (I get shit talking DM’s, someone from this board sent DM’s to my mom - that just happened last week FYI)
For someone to write to my mom saying I am a piece of shit, it made for a funny conversation between my mom and I but it’s completely uncalled for. That is a bully and a troll… but I bet you didn’t know about that did ya?
Nope, and it sucks.
Sadly, these days, almost anyone who's somewhat famous gets bullied, harassed or even threatened online.
I've seen it happen to quite a few small-ish Youtubers in my country.
It's just the way it is on the Internet, and there's no going back to the good ol' days when everyone was respectful (were they?). There's definitely been a paradigm shift with the rise of social media, and sadly, celebrities either need to grow a thick skin or quit social media altogether.

i am saying it’s ok to not like something but I see some folks put targets on peoples backs (like elvis)
Come on, we're not putting a target on his back here. This place is quite respectful, and the mods wouldn't tolerate it if that wasn't the case.
All I'm reading is dedicated fans who enjoy having deep conversations about their favourite band, and one of our regular topics is the production issues. Why are we talking about that? Because it's never been addressed by the band in 15 years.
Fans talk about it here.
They talk about it on Ultimate Guitar every time there's an article about AB.
They talk about it on Youtube, and I'm sure they talk about it on other places.
Not all those people are trolls. Far from it, actually, and I think most of them deeply care about AB.
Now, I can understand that Mark and Myles are friends with Elvis and want to defend him no matter what. Kudos to them for being loyal like that. But just because they're friends doesn't mean there's no issue with their pal's work.

and I’m saying (as the guy in the room) it’s not Elvis you don’t like - it’s alter bridge.
I don't agree. As I said above, I love their songs and the emotions they provide when I listen to them.
I love the way all 4 members play individually.
I like or love most of their side projects (Creed, MF4, and to a lesser extent, Slash and the solo stuff).
I just don't like how they choose to sonically present the AB material to the world. I believe you when you say it's their decision ultimately. I just think it's a poor one. Once again, it's just a random opinion from a random guy on the Internet.

Anyone can have an opinion, totally cool.
Fine, then! :cheers

I’m writing because I honestly care and value your opinion. I wish you would value my insight on the band we both love so much.
I value it.
I respect you.
But I guess we'll never agree about some stuff, which is NOT a problem as far as I'm concerned.
Let's just agree to disagree, and just to be clear, there is no ill will towards you, the AB guys or Elvis coming from me. I'm just not a hateful guy, but I'll admit I definitely have stong opinions about stuff I'm passionnate about.

and hey, thats ok! everything you just said is totally cool!

Know that you replied to me, my first comment about Elvis I was replying to the overall vibe of the conversation. I didn't mean it towards you, I dont know you or have reason to call you out. its all good.

Here is the thing I am saying, I have heard mixes that sound WAY different than the records... the BAND changes it with their feedback. we go through 6 or 7 ver. sometimes... so its not Elvis sonics you dont like, its Alter Bridge's sonics. Thats my main point.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think some of the sonic changes people hear too can just be based on how the band has evolved its sound over the years. I know Mark has used different amps over the years like the Dual Rec, Uberschall, Twin Rock, his new PRS amp, etc. Tone changes are going to affect the overall sonic experience of the album too, and Mark has evolved his sound a lot over the years. I like hearing him experiment with different amps, but I think sometimes nostalgia kicks in when you hear an album like One Day Remains or Blackbird for example and there’s just a certain sound to them you grew up listening to.

Slightly off topic but related to guitar sounds, I recently tried out John Petrucci’s Archetype plug-in from Neural DSP. It’s such a cool program to basically get John’s rig in a plug-in. I think it’d be really cool if Mark partnered with them for a Tremonti Archetype plug-in. Not sure if it’s something that interests him but I think it’d be pretty popular (and I’d buy it in 2 seconds lol).
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

TTournier wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:18 pm Here is the thing I am saying, I have heard mixes that sound WAY different than the records... the BAND changes it with their feedback. we go through 6 or 7 ver. sometimes... so its not Elvis sonics you dont like, its Alter Bridge's sonics. Thats my main point.
I personally do not like some of the sonic choices that AB makes and that their producer lets get through the net. As a musician and someone who previously worked with aircraft, I have fairly heavy tinnitus and find the mixes hard to discern in terms of clarity. It does detract from my experience.

Has there ever been a consideration for releasing processed but unmixed multitrack recordings as Periphery do? You kill two birds with one stone, the band gets to put out their artistic vision exactly as they like and those who require a different experience can make it their own. It would be a wonderful learning tool, increase engagement with the material and make things very accessible for those with hearing difficulties. Plus, it would shut us moaning wannabe audiophiles up. :lol