Walk The Sky - Favorite Songs Poll

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

What songs are your favorites off Walk The Sky?

One Life
1%
Wouldn't You Rather
3%
In The Deep
2%
Godspeed
13%
Native Son
8%
Take The Crown
4%
Indoctrination
8%
The Bitter End
4%
Pay No Mind
6%
Forever Falling
16%
Clear Horizon
7%
Walking On The Sky
12%
Tear Us Apart
3%
Dying Light
13%

Total votes: 356

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Walk The Sky - Favorite Songs Poll

Post by GazEd »

The album is absolutely fabulous and it is hardly possible to pick the top songs.

However I would love to underline the one song that got me jumping behind the wheel when I was listening to the album for the first time. With all my hate and willingness to make fun of 80s, I ADORE Godspeed which to my taste is as 80s as it can get.

Overall a magnificent album. I am so surprised, I still can not understand how to put me feelings into words.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Alright, here we go.

1. Walking on the Sky
2. Forever Falling
3. Dying Light
4. Clear Horizon
5. In the Deep
6. Indoctrination
7. Pay No Mind
8. Godspeed
9. Wouldn’t You Rather
10. Native Son
11. The Bitter End

12. Take the Crown
13. One Life
14. Tear Us Apart

Card subject to change.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

These results are pretty in line with my impression of what the most standout songs were, except the fact Clear Horizon isn't among the big ones. That song along with Falling Forever was the immediate clear contender for my favourite on first listen and is holding strong in the top 5 after several listens.

Forever Falling, Clear Horizon and Walking On The Sky are my top three right now. Dying Light is very strong too, it's very much the type of song Alter Bridge usually shines at. Not sure if it really stands up among the elite company of previous songs of a similar nature, but maybe in time it will grow on me and creep closer to the other top songs on the album. After those four it is harder to pick, a few of the other songs could rise to the top over time but I've really enjoyed Pay No Mind in the weeks since it was released and no other songs have immediately jumped out as being definitely better than it yet so I'll stick with that to round out my top 5 after the first few days.

Forever Falling
Clear Horizon
Walking On The Sky
Dying Light
Pay No Mind

So Tear Us Apart interrupts the run of my 5 top songs with what is probably the weakest song on the album.

Erik Must Go On
Brand New Start

Post by Erik Must Go On »

This album just continues to get better after each listen for me. Which is saying something because I liked it from the get go. I immediately took to Forever Falling, Clear Horizon, Dying Light and Native Son. Those were probably my initial favorites. Having said that, the songs I didn't initially take to are getting better and better with each listen. Walking on the Sky for whatever reason didn't click at first. It was one of those, "do I like this song?" I kept coming back to it because there were elements of the song I really liked. Now I find myself listening to it all the time. Indoctrination was very similar in that regard. Godspeed was good upon first listen, but my goodness there is something about that song that just makes you want to listen to it over and over again. I didn't really expect that to be the case after first listen.

I feel like I may be underselling the pre-release tracks just because I played them out so much. I'm trying to remember how I felt when I initially heard them. So here's my ranking as of now and ask me in a couple weeks and it may be different.

1. Forever Falling (This whole song is just ridiculous, by the time it ended I couldn't hit repeat fast enough)
2. Clear Horizon (Probably my favorite chorus on the album)
3. Dying Light (I'm a sucker for guitar solos and this song probably does it best on the album imo)
4. Godspeed (Such an easy song to listen to. Nothing fancy but I keep coming back to it)
5. Native Son (That riff though)
6. Walking on the Sky (Such a good song that if you ask me in a month this may be top 3 by that point)
7. Wouldn't You Rather (Reminds me of classic AB, and when that happens it gets a boost in ratings)
8. Indoctrination (This is the song that is actually stuck in my head right now. song is musically and lyrically perfectly aligned)
9. Take the Crown (Still really enjoy this song)
10. The Bitter End (Myles doing his thing in this song, really enjoy it)
11. Pay No Mind (I'll be honest I wasn't feeling this song when it was released but it has grown on me, I really enjoyed this live when I saw them in KC)
12. Tear Us Apart (I could see how some might bash this song, but it reminds me of something right out of the late 90's, early 2000's. My teenage days. Nostalgia points)
13. In the Deep (The verses were so good that I was let down by the chorus which just didn't do it for me.)
14. One Life (Great intro to the album, I just don't find myself actually going back to listen to it. Almost wish they would have combined it with Wouldn't You Rather)

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Tear Us Apart is the most Creed-y song they've done. I keep hearing My Sacrifice in it (and not just literally in that second verse). Am I wrong?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

gbruin wrote:Tear Us Apart is the most Creed-y song they've done. I keep hearing My Sacrifice in it (and not just literally in that second verse). Am I wrong?
I hear "Sister" in some of the riffs, personally, but agree on the Creed-y nature of the song. I like it a lot though.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

VigilantSteve wrote:
gbruin wrote:Tear Us Apart is the most Creed-y song they've done. I keep hearing My Sacrifice in it (and not just literally in that second verse). Am I wrong?
I hear "Sister" in some of the riffs, personally, but agree on the Creed-y nature of the song. I like it a lot though.
Oh, yeah, I should have added that I do like it. It wasn't meant as a criticism. Just a thought on where that song has its roots. I'd guess this was one of Mark's songs?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

gbruin wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
Oh, yeah, I should have added that I do like it. It wasn't meant as a criticism. Just a thought on where that song has its roots. I'd guess this was one of Mark's songs?
I'd be shocked if this wasn't a Mark song, definitely.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

VigilantSteve wrote:
gbruin wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
I'd be shocked if this wasn't a Mark song, definitely.
Didn't Mark say in an interview that some songs are built from old ideas. Like Dying Light's verse is 10 years old and tear us apart 6 years old?!? Maybe that would put Tear Us Apart probably around the time before Fortress and All I Was. I think Mark's solo project doesn't happen if Creed didn't break up a 2nd time.
My question is: Has Mark cannibalized any of the ideas he had from the demos of the Creed album he is sitting on?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

TheEndisHere wrote:I think Mark's solo project doesn't happen if Creed didn't break up a 2nd time.
All I Was came out before the second breakup, but I think you’re right that the Tremonti band may not have evolved into what it became with 4 albums in just a few years.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.