$$$

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gregslobos
Brand New Start

$$$

Post by gregslobos »

This is obviously none of my business, but I can't help but be curious about how the guys do financially these days? Especially with the state the music industry is in. I imagine they make the vast majority touring outside of the U.S. just based off the venue sizes alone.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: $$$

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Coincidentally enough, I was just looking up Myles' net worth recently and was kind of surprised how relatively low it was compared to what I expected, especially since he tours with Slash as well.

That being said, Mark Tremonti is where I expected him to be, but he had Creed before this gig as well and several solo albums where he takes the big chunk of that back-end.

Yes, most of their money is earned through concerts, specifically overseas. I fear the lack of opportunity will definitely stifle certain genres or song types. We are trending toward techno-pop in the next decade with all of the things you can do on a computer these days, and it seems like it will scare natural rock artists away from this industry if they can't achieve the financial success they yearn.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I think Myles has claimed that he still has the same house that he have gotten via being a guitar teacher in that period between Mayfield Four ending and Alter Bridge beginning. It's not he actually needs to buy expensive property since he's only there for like two months out of the year since he's either in a studio or touring with AB or Slash.

Mark, Flip, and Brian made enough money with Creed that they are financially set to raise their families and all. Although, Mark and Flip still probably bares the burden of paying off the loan they took to get out of AB's Wind-Up contract. I don't really know how long that loan lasts for, but even then, I like to presume that they are still able to provide for their families and live stable lives, even though we have no clue whatsoever on what Flip does in AB's year off.

I mean they are still able to do frequent tours in the states every album cycle playing in front of 1,500 people or so a night and they are going to play in front of about twice as many people than that co-headlining with Skillet, this Fall. I think there's stable income there since there's plenty of bands that plays those venues and get off well (not rich, but enough to make a decent living). Then you count the venues that they play in Europe and I'm sure getting like 2nd or 3rd top billing on main stages of the festivals there pays a nice chunk. Not like millions, but even after subtracting the costs to do their tours and compensate their road crew, I think they get by.

I don't know if I can assume this, but I think these guys are not too heavily obsessive when it comes to financial means. They do obviously want to get the best deal for them when doing the tours and get their values worth and make enough money to live off of for them and their families. It's not like these guys have any expensive hobbies (aside from Mark being an avid pinball collector, but I don't even know if he still collects and maintains those machines). Oh wait, Flip golfs. I don't know how expensive that is or how frequent he takes trips to the golf course a year.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

anguyen92 wrote:Mark, Flip, and Brian made enough money with Creed that they are financially set to raise their families and all.
Creed's really succesful years happened a LONG time ago, and bands didn't make as much money as they do now on the road (tickets were much cheaper).
Plus, it didn't last long enough (3-4 years tops) for them to be set for life.
Look at Stapp: he's lost it all and admitted in 2014 all his Creed money was gone. His son even mocked him on Twitter for being sued for more than his networth when Art of Anarchy sued him for 1 million dollars.
I think Mark is doing more than alright though, and if you remember, he got a nice 2 million dollars royalties settlement check from Wind-up a few years ago.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:That being said, Mark Tremonti is where I expected him to be, but he had Creed before this gig as well and several solo albums where he takes the big chunk of that back-end.
Tremonti's a small band. Most bands who are that size have to tour all the time and do 100+ concerts a year to make a decent living (I'm talking middle class income here). There is no way he's getting rich with that project: it's just not popular enough.
anguyen92 wrote:I think Myles has claimed that he still has the same house that he have gotten via being a guitar teacher in that period between Mayfield Four ending and Alter Bridge beginning. It's not he actually needs to buy expensive property since he's only there for like two months out of the year since he's either in a studio or touring with AB or Slash.
That's a smart move from Myles. So many people end up buying houses they can't afford and end up losing them a few years later when their income shrinks. I remember an interview where he was saying that he knew quite a few people who had told him they regretted buying those mansions. He definitely listened to them.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote: even though we have no clue whatsoever on what Flip does in AB's year off.

Often times, from my understanding, dependable musicians will be hired to do anonymous studio work for labels. We may have heard Flip and not even have known it. Just speculation.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

anguyen92 wrote:...even though we have no clue whatsoever on what Flip does in AB's year off.
Lots of golf, and cases upon cases of Fireball.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Tremonti 30 Mil, max royalties on all records he has been a part of and touring non-stop since 1997. Also wise business decisions and has smart people around him. Also grounded person who doesn't use drugs.
Flip 12 Mil , Income from all 5 Creed records (GH included) , no author royalties but touring , records , sales , merch and then AB , lots of touring. Also a grounded person with family and wise with money.
Brian 5 Mil, Brian missed out on a lot of the Creed revenue from 2000-2004 and man was it a lot. He does not receive author royalties but was an equal member touring and merch and album sales etc. Has worked his ass off with AB and quite drinking and is living a very stable family life. Also re-instated with Creed in 09 so that helps.
Myles 5 mil, Myles didn't start making a lot of money till he went with Slash. He does have songwriting royalties on AB records but AB wasnt making a lot of money till after Blackbird and the crowds in Europe really started to grow. . He definetely has it rolling in now, I would think he will be worth 10 mil within a couple more years if he keeps working like he does.

Annually I would say it's like this (after taxes)
Tremonti 2.5 mil
Myles 1.5 mil
Flip 1 mil
Brian 1 mil

If they do a Creed tour then triple the salary