Wouldn't You Rather

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Wouldn't You Rather

Post by TenaciousBe »

Since this doesn't have a thread yet, here are some links!

https://open.spotify.com/album/39agtW5wABxr9ibqcQLCw6

Last edited by TenaciousBe on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Wouldn't You Rather

Post by Arctic »

For some reason this song feels like it would fit right in on Blackbird. I’m already way more hyped for this album than I was for The Last Hero. It’s growing on me more every time I listen too.

sugarandcyanide
Bought The CDs

Post by sugarandcyanide »

It's alright. I like everything but the melody of the chorus.
SMKC

07/20/14 - Northfield, OH
09/26/15 - Northfield, OH
08/01/19 - Northfield, OH

Myles - YOTT

11/19/18 - Cleveland, OH

Stace
Bought The CDs

Post by Stace »

:wave
New music! So exciting!

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I'm enjoying the song more with the help of the MV, this is by far their best music video :cheers

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Arctic wrote:For some reason this song feels like it would fit right in on Blackbird. I’m already way more hyped for this album than I was for The Last Hero. It’s growing on me more every time I listen too.
It definitely reminds me more of a song that would fit somewhere in the Blackbird - AB III era. I think it’ll make for a really fun live song.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah. I wonder if we'll get an ODR type song or two as well. "Crosses fingers*
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Like the vid! Got some good Tremonti faces in there.
For all of the hope that it brings...

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

The intro reminds me of "The End is Here".

Band sounds really tight on the song. No sloppy playing.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Where do we reckon this'll slot into the setlist? In place of The Writing on the Wall early on?

A full third of their setlist is gonna be lead singles at this point.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:Where do we reckon this'll slot into the setlist? In place of The Writing on the Wall early on?
I’m hoping that’s the song it replaces. Never was much of a fan of Writing on the Wall.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Andy92 wrote:
Ubik wrote:Where do we reckon this'll slot into the setlist? In place of The Writing on the Wall early on?
I’m hoping that’s the song it replaces. Never was much of a fan of Writing on the Wall.
Since One Life seems like it’ll be the instrumental, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did One Life to start (probably over the PA system) and then get into Wouldn’t You Rather.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
Since One Life seems like it’ll be the instrumental, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did One Life to start (probably over the PA system) and then get into Wouldn’t You Rather.
I would much rather they actually play the instrumental. Seems kinda lame to blast a song on their new album over the PA when they are perfectly capable of playing it themselves.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

The one roadblock to One Life being instrumental is the "vocal melody" part in the announcement... but who knows, certainly something different about it given the length (still think it's weird they wouldn't have advertised having done their first properly released instrumental, so I remain unsure of its existence). But yup would make sense to open the show like that. I think it'd also be pretty good to open the encore as it's got a more positive vibe to it.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Based off the intro of the song I suspect One Life will transition into Wouldn't You Rather, it just seems so quick from the hitting of play that it can't not be something with a prelude of sorts

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Ubik wrote:The one roadblock to One Life being instrumental is the "vocal melody" part in the announcement... but who knows, certainly something different about it given the length (still think it's weird they wouldn't have advertised having done their first properly released instrumental, so I remain unsure of its existence). But yup would make sense to open the show like that. I think it'd also be pretty good to open the encore as it's got a more positive vibe to it.
Oh fuck forgot it’s not the instrumental :lol

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
Ubik wrote:The one roadblock to One Life being instrumental is the "vocal melody" part in the announcement... but who knows, certainly something different about it given the length (still think it's weird they wouldn't have advertised having done their first properly released instrumental, so I remain unsure of its existence). But yup would make sense to open the show like that. I think it'd also be pretty good to open the encore as it's got a more positive vibe to it.
Oh fuck forgot it’s not the instrumental :lol
Idk taking into consideration the length of the track, I'm still thinking it's instrumental with vocal melodies. As in, I doubt there are lyrics, but I bet Myles hums or sings "ahhh's" along to the instrumentation. Perhaps we might hear a "Myles choir" of harmonies?

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

For me is better than the first single of TLH

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Does anyone else hear a big difference in the quality of the iTunes download and the official video on YouTube? I bought the song on iTunes just after midnight (after panickedly messaging Ryan because it wasn't coming up when I searched for the song name in the store and it didn't come up :pout) and listened to it on my phone a few times and then in my car on the way home from work and was pretty bummed with the sound quality. It was really muddy and hard to hear the vocals and it all kind of roared together. But the YT vid that came out this morning sounds so much better. The YT version has so much more range and definition and clarity and sounds fantastic. I have played the two side by side today and the difference is pretty dramatic to me. Nearly all of the music on my iPhone is from uploading the CDs I buy so maybe I'm just not used to the lesser quality of the downloads from the iTunes store, or maybe that format is more susceptible to the modern wall of noise?

Or maybe I'm crazy?

Damn good song and great video, btw.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Also, since the songs on this album are either Myles' or Mark's, rather than the usual mixing and matching of their various parts, I'm betting this is a Myles song, based on the lyrical content and the words (though there is no "deny" anywhere) and chorus melody.

Agree or disagree?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die