Wouldn't You Rather

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Wouldn't You Rather

Post by Dolo »

Somebody who is a part of a board of an alternative metal band calls more agressive metal vocals 'screamo' and Slipknot 'satanic band'? I thought that was just the preserve of ignorant pop fans.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

LosingPatience wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:Some thoughts on some comments here.
I too don't understand why some "rock" radio stations are more willing to play Ed Sheeran more than AB (cough* WMMR in Philly). Now I give Ed Sheeran credit, he is better than a lot of the garbage on pop radio (programmed drums, snaps, claps, monotone).

On Tool and Slipknot. I appreciate Tool much more than I do Slipknot because Slipknot just seems like noise to me with very little dynamics. There are some tool songs I love (Sober, The Pot, Schism) but sometimes their songs are overlong and get a little tired. I feel like the new Tool album is overhyped and I miss MJK's louder screams and he seems just mellow for the whole album. The guys in Tool have mad skills and I respect what they do, but I personally prefer APC to Tool and Stone Sour to Slipknot (unpopular opinion but whatever). I just can't get into Slipknot, except the few songs that have clear vocals.

My favorite album so far this year is definitely Rival Sons' Feral Roots so I don't mind them above AB

Pretty similar take on Tool and Slipknot at least Tool has some talent just not my cup of tea. Slipnot to me is audio vomet. Apparently Cory is a great singer so why he wastes his talent on the screamo crap they deliver is crazy then again they are a Satanic band not that they hide that fact.
Didn't you complain about how negative this forum is? lol

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

TheEndisHere wrote: I too don't understand why some "rock" radio stations are more willing to play Ed Sheeran more than AB
Well, the reason is simple: it's a very catchy rock tune.
I know we rock and metal fans are supposed to bash a guy like Ed Sheeran (you know, he's a pop icon and has millions of teenage fans). But that song is really catchy, and on his recent collaboration with Eminem and 50 Cent, he showed he could rap too. I'm not a fan of his by any means, but the guy's just talented.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know where it says in this supposed rulebook that we are supposed to bash a guy like Ed Sheeran. I mean if you want to hate the guy, hate the guy for your own reasons, not just hate the guy because we are rock and metal fans. Honestly, I'm glad to see a guy like him on top to show that people still are interested in guitar-based music in some form and probably can get a younger audience to want to get into playing the guitar. Wouldn't we rock/metal fans want to root for that?

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Mr. Slash wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:Some thoughts on some comments here.
I too don't understand why some "rock" radio stations are more willing to play Ed Sheeran more than AB (cough* WMMR in Philly). Now I give Ed Sheeran credit, he is better than a lot of the garbage on pop radio (programmed drums, snaps, claps, monotone).

On Tool and Slipknot. I appreciate Tool much more than I do Slipknot because Slipknot just seems like noise to me with very little dynamics. There are some tool songs I love (Sober, The Pot, Schism) but sometimes their songs are overlong and get a little tired. I feel like the new Tool album is overhyped and I miss MJK's louder screams and he seems just mellow for the whole album. The guys in Tool have mad skills and I respect what they do, but I personally prefer APC to Tool and Stone Sour to Slipknot (unpopular opinion but whatever). I just can't get into Slipknot, except the few songs that have clear vocals.

My favorite album so far this year is definitely Rival Sons' Feral Roots so I don't mind them above AB

Pretty similar take on Tool and Slipknot at least Tool has some talent just not my cup of tea. Slipnot to me is audio vomet. Apparently Cory is a great singer so why he wastes his talent on the screamo crap they deliver is crazy then again they are a Satanic band not that they hide that fact.
Didn't you complain about how negative this forum is? lol

Negative about Alter Bridge ......obviously . Its is supposedly a fan forum for AB although thats debatable sometimes. Ive made that clear, maybe comments like yours which is imo dickish is what im talking about

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Dolo wrote:Somebody who is a part of a board of an alternative metal band calls more agressive metal vocals 'screamo' and Slipknot 'satanic band'? I thought that was just the preserve of ignorant pop fans.

Satanic in that the messaging is about Satan there video's with pentagrams and the star of David are Satanic symbols. Like i said its not like they hide it geez

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Everyone knows Alter Bridge is satanic as well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Timotheus wrote:Everyone knows Alter Bridge is satanic as well.
LMAO so true. Can't be more Satanic than the band that has like a whole album about becoming an agnostic

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

That's why the wall of sound... So you don't hear the subliminals.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

LosingPatience wrote:
Dolo wrote:Somebody who is a part of a board of an alternative metal band calls more agressive metal vocals 'screamo' and Slipknot 'satanic band'? I thought that was just the preserve of ignorant pop fans.

Satanic in that the messaging is about Satan there video's with pentagrams and the star of David are Satanic symbols. Like i said its not like they hide it geez
Pentagrams are Wiccan and the Star of David is Judaism. You don't know what you're talking about...just stop lol.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

One Drew Remains wrote:That's why the wall of sound... So you don't hear the subliminals.
lmao

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Blackbirddd wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:That's why the wall of sound... So you don't hear the subliminals.
lmao
oaml!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

#18 now. A lot of songs getting tons of play in the top 10. A song needs to be played at least 1150 times a week to get a top 10 spot at this point. AB's got a long way to go to get that. Need 600 more plays a week in addition to what they have. A Puddle of Mudd song is right behind them. Who would have thought that would happen in 2019? 2004, 2005, maybe, but 2019? Dirty Honey's When I'm Gone is just about one good week away from getting #1 on Active Rock. They will be opening for the AB/Skillet tour (whose tracks are stuck in the #11-20 area).

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Wouldn't You Rather never hear those bands again? Yes!

Post by abw1987 »

gbruin wrote:I can't understand how bands like The Black Keys and Imagine Dragons get so much airplay on mainstream rock stations. They are horrible.
Hahahahaha

Jesterhead92
Bought The CDs

Post by Jesterhead92 »

At least The Black Keys ARE a rock band, albeit a mostly boring one. Imagine Dragons are just a soulless husk of music one octave from Maroon 5 status

Edit: Also wanted to add that Wouldn't You Rather has grown on me and I already liked it to begin with. Absolute banger and probably their best lead single in a long time