Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by VigilantSteve »

Boom, tickets bought for the Columbus show!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yep. Totally taking the guitar clinic this time. I promised Greg I would. No breaking that promise.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Yep. Totally taking the guitar clinic this time. I promised Greg I would. No breaking that promise.
It's only $150.00, this time round. I think it was going as high as $215.00 during The Last Hero tour.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I would buy VIP but I’m going with my cousin and don’t really wanna drop $350 on VIP. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Got my tickets for Baltimore,MD! 37.50(each) for two tickets in section 109. Can't beat it! Until all those fees add up in the end bahahahaha

HolyHibachi
Brand New Start

Post by HolyHibachi »

Looks like no presale for Minneapolis...

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Here’s to hoping AB still gets at least an hour and fifteen minutes of play time, even with the co-headline.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austinjhnsn wrote:Here’s to hoping AB still gets at least an hour and fifteen minutes of play time, even with the co-headline.
I think they should get that amount of time. There's only one opening band on this bill. I've seen like four band line-ups where the co-headliners get like 60-65 minutes and it's such a drag since they could just ditch one opening band, have the co-headliners play more, and still fill up the place.

I kinda wished Skillet and Sevendust just ditch the first opening band on their bill, keep Pop Evil (since they are sorta a name value band if you listen to active rock radio often) and then all three bands play longer.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Alter Bridge Walk The Sky Tour 2019

Post by gbruin »

One of these years they need to do the west half of the country first. Hoping that AB will do another string of dates after the New Year or in spring. Otherwise we'll be waiting until after the summer festivals in Europe, meaning over a year from now.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’d imagine they’ll do another US run in the spring leading into the US festivals in May.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

They are in Shiprocked in February. They did book a tour after Shiprocked in 2017 before doing Australia/US festivals. They could do the same thing here.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

austinjhnsn wrote:Here’s to hoping AB still gets at least an hour and fifteen minutes of play time, even with the co-headline.
Since it’s co-headline both bands will get at least an 1hr set. Most likely 1hr15min each. Especially with just one opener!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Whoever runs their instagram responded to one of the comments asking for west coast dates and they said at the beginning of 2020.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

calebunknown
"RIP the entire western portion of the country"

officialalterbridge
"@calebunknown skillet is playing those markets just before this tour - we will be back top of 2020 on the west coast "

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

how do I get the damn pre sale code?!!!!!!! I wanna go to both Orlando shows

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:how do I get the damn pre sale code?!!!!!!! I wanna go to both Orlando shows
The code is somewhere out there. For all you know, someone that's not going to the show, but stumbles upon stuff, have it and may message you. ;)

Edit: Oh wait a minute, I don't know why I PM'ed you. AB stated it in the tweet.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 5233229824

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Thanks for bringing the code to my attention. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to go. One of the things that sucks about being a wheelchair is that when you go to concerts where everybody else is standing you can't see anything. Years ago when I saw Alter Bridge in 2007 and Tremonti in 2013 or whenever All I Was came out all I had to do was send a tweet, explain my situation and people were understanding that all I wanted to be able to do was get a good spot. No other special treatment.

Now because of the way live events are sold I can't do that because in order to get early entry you need to buy VIP packages which are $175 plus the tickets to the show. Personally I want to do a meet and greet and I would have no problem paying for one VIP experience along with the ticket to the show but because I don't know where the meet & greet is going to happen until about a week before the show I can't go by myself in my power chair because I've got to arrange transportation in advance.

So my only other option is to go with a friend, that would require me to take a manual chair which would also mean I need to be pushed around which means I've got to buy two VIP experiences so that the person that comes with me to push me will be allowed in. I've already spent $300 on bundles for Walk the Sky and now I'm looking at $475 not including food or drink, all I want is a good place to be able to see the band and not the back of somebody all night

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:Thanks for bringing the code to my attention. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to go. One of the things that sucks about being a wheelchair is that when you go to concerts where everybody else is standing you can't see anything. Years ago when I saw Alter Bridge in 2007 and Tremonti in 2013 or whenever All I Was came out all I had to do was send a tweet, explain my situation and people were understanding that all I wanted to be able to do was get a good spot. No other special treatment.

Now because of the way live events are sold I can't do that because in order to get early entry you need to buy VIP packages which are $175 plus the tickets to the show. Personally I want to do a meet and greet and I would have no problem paying for one VIP experience along with the ticket to the show but because I don't know where the meet & greet is going to happen until about a week before the show I can't go by myself in my power chair because I've got to arrange transportation in advance.

So my only other option is to go with a friend, that would require me to take a manual chair which would also mean I need to be pushed around which means I've got to buy two VIP experiences so that the person that comes with me to push me will be allowed in. I've already spent $300 on bundles for Walk the Sky and now I'm looking at $475 not including food or drink, all I want is a good place to be able to see the band and not the back of somebody all night
You are such huge and fantastic fan as far as I can see judging from your posts that I think if there is a way to let you experience the concert somehow nicely, AB/the Management will be willing to help out.

From what I've read and experienced myself the whole AB staff is amazing and very fan-oriented. It is impossible to arrange special treatments for anyone or even some people on each concert, but maybe there is a chance that they can arrange sth for you, a true hardcore fan who is willing to buy the VIP Meet and Greet.

I would at least try to contact them somehow (I have no idea how it would be best), inform them about your situation and who knows... I wouldnt give my hopes up.

All the best

HolyHibachi
Brand New Start

Post by HolyHibachi »

So I might be able to drag someone else to the show but is the $175 meet and greet worth it? I've never met a band before, sounds fun.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Most venues should have handicap accessible areas even in standing room only I would hope. When I was looking for tickets yesterday I noticed a handicap section at the venue I was looking at even though it’s all standing room only. Maybe try contacting the venue in Orlando directly and asking about their handicap accessibility for concerts?