Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Alter Bridge Fall Tour 2019

Post by Andy92 »

TheEndisHere wrote:AB & Skillet would not work given how one is Christian Rock and the other is openly atheist/agnostic
You must have missed the time when Skillet opened for Marilyn Manson lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

HAHAHA. I guess I did miss the knowledge that Skillet opened for Manson.
So my thought is that for the initial run (fall- March) AB does headline tour with likes of Pop Evil, Shaman's Harvest, Art of Dying, Adelita's Way, Like a Storm, or Black Stone Cherry. Then come Spring/ Summer they either do a co-headline tour with someone like Shinedown/ Breaking Benjamin/ Disturbed/ Rival Sons or open for a big name classic band like AC/DC, Metallica, or GNR.
Thoughts?

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Ghost, Evanescence or Volbeat might also be a good co-headline band for summer tour.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’d like an AB/Volbeat combo. Think their styles are similar enough with Volbeat being a tad heavier but not too over the top.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Well it looks like AB is co-headlining Shiprocked with Halestorm next year.
https://www.facebook.com/GetShipRocked/ ... =3&theater

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Sweet. Loudwire has confirmed it as well.

https://loudwire.com/halestorm-alter-br ... se-lineup/

I don't know if this line-up is something that I want to go to myself unlike the 2017 version with AB, Breaking Benjamin, Papa Roach, and Sevendust on top (all of which I am seeing within one month in this September). Halestorm and AB on top is very promising. Black Stone Cherry is joining them as well. Sevendust's Clint Lowrey is there as well. Living Colour seems to be the odd band out from this bunch actually. The rest are the bands that I usually hear on Octane and yet AB, who I have yet to hear on Octane, is on top of the bill. HAHAHAHA. Suck it, radio.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Looks like they are touring with Sevendust and Shinedown in UK. hope for same tour in the US

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm thinking about changing this title due to new updates, but my stance, as usual, is that I take this as a rumor until AB officially announces it. Anywho, thanks to Marshall for bringing this image.

Ahhh, snaps. I knew this was coming. A tour with AB and Sevendust and I think like with Halestorm and Gojira in the past, AB will have Sevendust open for them in the mainland Europe tour as well.

I would have preferred Breaking Benjamin instead of Shinedown in the direct support slot just to bring something different, but Shinedown, despite their faults (which can be quite glaring with the alleged miming and Brent Smith going all preachy in between songs), they are still a well-known band with a lot of solid singles so they fit the slot. Let's just hope they don't go over their slotted time and not have AB ditch a song slot (when they did that in Manchester in 2013, AB ditched what could have been the debut of Calm the Fire and AB had the worst setlist of the tour on that day. Thankfully, it slowly got better from there, but still.)

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Love that AB gets the headline instead of Shinedown but doubt that for the US tour but here's to hoping

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

This will be a great tour! Love the name and the early art work although not confirmed!

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Who will be supporting for the UK legs, Raven age, seven and shinedown or just seven and shine!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by anguyen92 »

Shinedown will direct support the entire leg. Raven Age will open in the non-UK shows. Sevendust will open in the UK shows. Thankfully, no four-band lineups since that would shorten AB's set time by like 10-15 minutes and we don't need that for a band like them.

Timmy
Brand New Start

Post by Timmy »

Brent Smith is such a talent.. I wonder if there is anyway he and Myles would sign together on a song during this tour?

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

I want this tour for the US. I missed Shinedown last two times around even though I really wanted to go and this would kill two birds with one stone. Make it happen Shinedown and Alter Bridge, bring this tour to the US (Philly)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I personally do not want AB and Shinedown touring together for the US. If it is in amphitheaters and Shinedown is co-headlining with a Breaking Benjamin-sized band, AB would be stuck getting 35 minutes like when they toured with Breaking Benjamin/Disturbed in 2016. I mean if it is AB and Shinedown co-headlining together in venues filling around 5,000-6,000 people instead of amphitheaters and both bands get like 75 minutes, I think I can be ok with that. Then again, I am seeing all three of these bands in the UK tour in some form this summer. Lucky me.

AB and Sevendust, however, I would be all over that one. That stated, I just want to see AB do a standalone tour and they play at least 100 minutes without any other named bands on the bill. Just them and the fans. Like in the Royal Albert Hall shows.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

anguyen92 wrote:I personally do not want AB and Shinedown touring together for the US. If it is in amphitheaters and Shinedown is co-headlining with a Breaking Benjamin-sized band, AB would be stuck getting 35 minutes like when they toured with Breaking Benjamin/Disturbed in 2016. I mean if it is AB and Shinedown co-headlining together in venues filling around 5,000-6,000 people instead of amphitheaters and both bands get like 75 minutes, I think I can be ok with that. Then again, I am seeing all three of these bands in the UK tour in some form this summer. Lucky me.

AB and Sevendust, however, I would be all over that one. That stated, I just want to see AB do a standalone tour and they play at least 100 minutes without any other named bands on the bill. Just them and the fans. Like in the Royal Albert Hall shows.
This, absolutely

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timmy wrote:Brent Smith is such a talent.. I wonder if there is anyway he and Myles would sign together on a song during this tour?
Just read this post right now. If they didn't do anything when Shinedown was supporting AB in the UK in 2013, I highly doubt they will do anything for this Europe tour. Also, if it is agreed that Brent will sing a song together with Myles, Brent better bring it and silence any questions of alleged miming or backing tracks that makes it hard to tell which part is actually him singing. Otherwise, he would look outclassed pretty hard when he is singing with a guy like Myles.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Any info on the ticket prices in the UK and Europe? The Polish gig starts with around 56 euros, which is a little bit over the top I would say.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I think someone said in the Download Festival Forums that the ranges will be around 40-50 pounds (including fees). 56 euros equates to around $63.00. Honestly, while that's on the steep end of things, for a band that's popular that can do big music halls and the occasional arenas in Europe, I feel like that's a standard rate nowadays.

For all people that say that Europe/UK (and rightfully so) shows are typically better shows than the states, I say that there are big advantages that the states will have over the UK/Europe. Mainly, I feel like the smaller all GA venues typically has better atmosphere than an arena show. Also, the ticket prices are cheaper. I would say if AB plays a show at the Wiltern Theater in LA, they probably charge $50.00 total for GA and $65.00 if you care about the GA pit (which I honestly don't). Basically, the same prices that Skillet/Sevendust is charging for their Wiltern show in LA as well. Slash was charging $65.00 for all GA. Disturbed was charging $65 for the GA section of their show. I was hoping $50.00 was the standard for GA sections, but it's leaning more towards $65.00. Inflation and the always-changing music industry will do that to affecting ticket prices.

I had stated that the greatest concert I have ever seen is without a doubt Myles at the Troubadour last year. Not because it was just a great performance, which it always is when it comes to Myles. The fact that it was a venue that holds only 500 people and this is a guy that has played big arenas in two great bands and he was the most personable I have ever seen him be and he was playing in front of a small crowd. The ticket only costed me around $25.00 dollars and I was in the 5th row of the front. I paid that much for a Mezzanine nosebleed section for AB in 2014. If I was the one paying the ticket, I would have just forked the extra $10.00 to go GA (GA seats was pretty darn cheap at the time).

So, in conclusion, whilst AB is making solid money playing the venues they do in Europe/UK, don't discount the advantages of them playing House of Blues/small theaters in the states. I wouldn't have it any other way in the states for the time being.