Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

Post by anguyen92 »

Awww, snaps. They are coming back, baby, with a festival show in Manchester, Tennessee.

Well, this may be awkward. I think this may be the first time since Slash rejoined GNR that GNR and AB is in the same day line-up in some form, festivals or otherwise. I'll update the title once we find out the title of the album and see how long this tour goes for.

On another note, Skillet and AB on the same day in nearly the same position. Can they tour together in the fall? I know it wouldn't be hitting LA since Skillet is going to do their LA show with Sevendust in September. I still need to get a presale code to get tickets.

Edit: All right, now it is official. Album is called Walk the Sky, which means the tour will be called the Walk the Sky tour. Europe/UK tour has been announced. Shinedown will direct support the entire leg. Raven Age will open in the non-UK shows. Sevendust will open in the UK shows. AB is also announced for Shiprocked.

Edit x 2: Updated to include US co-headlining tour with Skillet. Known as the Victorious Sky tour.

Edit x 3: Opening for Iron Maiden in Holland in 2020. Presumably, a Festival run in Europe looms near. Credit to Torsten for the snapshot.

Last edited by abw1987 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:25 am, edited 5 times in total.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Alter Bridge Fall Tour 2019

Post by gbruin »

I feel like AB should be higher in the order on Sunday, and there are some odd pairings on each day, but that's the same old story. It's nice to see a new big festival like this in the U.S.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote:I feel like AB should be higher in the order on Sunday, and there are some odd pairings on each day, but that's the same old story. It's nice to see a new big festival like this in the U.S.
Honestly, when it comes on the Sunday, I think AB is as high as they can get. Deftones, Coheed and Cambria, and Lamb of God are pretty darn bigger and more well-known than AB. The only band that they can probably could have leapfrog is Lamb of God, but Lamb of God has been on more amphitheater tours playing direct support behind bands like Slipknot and Slayer (something that AB may get chewed alive if they play before Slipknot or Slayer).

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I'm hoping for an awkward photo of Myles meeting Axl, like this one with Stapp:

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I had an awesome joke on the band’s IG post about this. Chris got it...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I had an awesome joke on the band’s IG post about this. Chris got it...
Which one was it?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

MidnightToker wrote:I'm hoping for an awkward photo of Myles meeting Axl, like this one with Stapp:

Haha this pic is just surreal.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

It almost looks like Stapp was photobombing. The other four seem to be looking at a different photographer than he is.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

What I remember about this picture is that every time an interviewer asked Stapp about that photo and how it felt to meet Myles, he acted like he didn't hear the question properly and said how great it was to meet Slash, because he loved the GNR... etc

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

chtimixeur wrote:What I remember about this picture is that every time an interviewer asked Stapp about that photo and how it felt to meet Myles, he acted like he didn't hear the question properly and said how great it was to meet Slash, because he loved the GNR... etc
I would like to hear a straight answer about that. Or hear Myles talk about meeting Stapp.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

chtimixeur wrote:What I remember about this picture is that every time an interviewer asked Stapp about that photo and how it felt to meet Myles, he acted like he didn't hear the question properly and said how great it was to meet Slash, because he loved the GNR... etc
On the other hand, I recall Mark mentioning that it was Scott who made the initial move to walk over and greet Myles.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

I never knew that Stapp meet Myles, that must have been awkward. You know what would be amazing though never happen, if there was a Tremonti/Slash/Alter Bridge/ Creed concert one day.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TheEndisHere wrote:I never knew that Stapp meet Myles, that must have been awkward. You know what would be amazing though never happen, if there was a Tremonti/Slash/Alter Bridge/ Creed concert one day.
Yeah, that's always something to think about when it comes to fantasy booking concerts and want all of these great bands for one day in one show.

I think I recall a radio interview early this year with Mark and Lajon Witherspoon of Sevendust and I think they briefly talked about how it would be cool to do a show with Tremonti, Projected, Sevendust, AB, etc. in one day and I think they were for it. It just comes down to the timing of their schedules. Heck, I think that bill (the one I listed) can do solid attendance in UK arenas and bigger theaters here in the states. You can add Myles solo as the first opening act to insure the attendance (but he'll never agree to do it due to wanting warm up and stuff for a good period of time which is why you will never see AB and Slash play in the same day, or in the same festival weekend).

Anyway, we know there will be two shows at this point, this Fall. This festival in Tennessee and the brief live set at the album listening party on September 17th. I'm sure more dates will be booked and announced in between. Hopefully.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

TN festival looks ok. Not a fan of any of the headliners though.......

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dang, I thought that their tour for the Fall was officially announced and I was ready to post it here and it turns out that it was all a dream I had last night.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Me too. Clickbaited!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

What other bands do you think they could tour with this time around?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Honestly, I want them to tour with bands that are not relatively known on radio outlets like Octane. I feel like the support bands that AB has in the last tour are bands that have been getting more coverage on Octane or Turbo than AB. Adelitas Way. Nonpoint. All That Remains. I don't think that's right. That the band that's the clear headliner has support bands that gets more radio plays than them. Let's not go that way for this album cycle.

That stated, in terms of named bands I want to see them tour with (and this would be co-headlining at best)? I already asked if Skillet and AB can tour together. I think that would go well. AB and Sevendust is another solid option. Other than that, just chuck two bands that can be tolerable enough that doesn't have too much of a name value and give AB their usual 100-110 minute set time and everything will go fine. Make that happen, Tim.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

AB & Skillet would not work given how one is Christian Rock and the other is openly atheist/agnostic

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TheEndisHere wrote:AB & Skillet would not work given how one is Christian Rock and the other is openly atheist/agnostic
So what? Why should religion beliefs get in the way of the idea of two great bands touring together? Skillet is doing a tour with Sevendust this summer and Sevendust is not Christian Rock.