Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by austin. »

I don’t care if you mentioned it before I was asking because I didn’t know now. Lol.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, fair enough. I thought you read the post before you made the post of asking for the presale code. My mistake.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Hey man sorry I was kind of a jerk. I actually asked because Alter Bridge Facebook page says “walk the sky tour, co headline with Skillet!”

Then has the two east coasts dates without skillet in same list as the rest of shows, without an asterisk saying “doesn’t include skillet” so I was wondering for that reason.

Sorry.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah, I hear you. But yeah, the two shows in the Carolinas will not have Skillet. On the one hand, I really do want to see a show where AB co-headlines with another band I really like in a venue slightly larger than what AB normally plays in their own shows. On the other hand, AB gets more playing time and 10 Years is a solid name to have on the bill as main support.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

anguyen92 wrote:Yeah, I hear you. But yeah, the two shows in the Carolinas will not have Skillet. On the one hand, I really do want to see a show where AB co-headlines with another band I really like in a venue slightly larger than what AB normally plays in their own shows. On the other hand, AB gets more playing time and 10 Years is a solid name to have on the bill as main support.

Ever looked up any 10 years live videos? If you haven’t...... I don’t advise it.

Their frontman is far from a Myles kennedy that’s for sure......

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Anyone going to the Philly show? I just got my general admission/pit ticket. OMFG fees are ridiculous, added like $20 to the ticket.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TheEndisHere wrote:Anyone going to the Philly show? I just got my general admission/pit ticket. OMFG fees are ridiculous, added like $20 to the ticket.
That is pretty darn steep. The fees for the show in Raleigh was like $13.00. About $43.00 overall plus another $10.00 for the Fastlane privilege as well because why not? It's part of my travel budget.
austin. wrote: Ever looked up any 10 years live videos? If you haven’t...... I don’t advise it.

Well, that's a bummer. As long as they do not suck when playing Wasteland and be tolerable for the rest, then all right. I was hoping they would be the best supporting act I've seen this year. The best one I've seen this year was Badflower opening for Shinedown a few weeks back.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Anyone going to the Philly show? I just got my general admission/pit ticket. OMFG fees are ridiculous, added like $20 to the ticket.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

anguyen92 wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:Anyone going to the Philly show? I just got my general admission/pit ticket. OMFG fees are ridiculous, added like $20 to the ticket.
That is pretty darn steep. The fees for the show in Raleigh was like $13.00. About $43.00 overall plus another $10.00 for the Fastlane privilege as well because why not? It's part of my travel budget.
austin. wrote: Ever looked up any 10 years live videos? If you haven’t...... I don’t advise it.

Well, that's a bummer. As long as they do not suck when playing Wasteland and be tolerable for the rest, then all right. I was hoping they would be the best supporting act I've seen this year. The best one I've seen this year was Badflower opening for Shinedown a few weeks back.
I don't know, maybe things have changed in the last couple of years since I've seen them last, but I've seen 10 Years at least 4 or 5 times and thought they were awesome each time. One of those times the lead singer did a stage dive into the crowd from a balcony above the stage area.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Must’ve been drinking when I bought those Myrtle beach tickets. 6 hour drive one way. Raleigh is half that...... anyone wanna trade tickets? Anyone need two Myrtle beach tickets for a deal? Absolutely can’t drive that far if there’s a closer show and there is....

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Just to clarify: If Alter Bridge is listed first on the co-headline, then they go on last? I'm going to the Philly show and would prefer Alter Bridge to go on last

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Gasometer, Vienna SOLD OUT!

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

TheEndisHere wrote:Just to clarify: If Alter Bridge is listed first on the co-headline, then they go on last? I'm going to the Philly show and would prefer Alter Bridge to go on last
On the NA tour they will be changing the headliner with Skillet.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Torsten wrote:Gasometer, Vienna SOLD OUT!

I mean, when you played a venue the most out of any venue in the world in the history of this band like AB has with the Gasometer. At this point, not selling it out would be a disappointment.

Edit: Actually, I take that back. The Chicago HOB is the most played venue in the history of AB with 9 shows compared to the Gasometer's 6, but they haven't played at the Chicago HOB since 2014.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Anyway so what is your opinion of Skillet and their new album? I like Skillet (they have good energy on their songs and good dynamic between the two singers) but a lot of their stuff is just generic and runs together with little creativity in terms of song lyrics or themes. Now for years after learning about skillet from the Awake album, I never knew that they were a christian band and not its something that I just can't unlearn and spoils a lot of the songs for me. Now I know this is coming from a fan of Creed, but Creed never seemed to be pushing "jesus saves" without mentioning jesus (this is what I feel Skillet does) and the lyrics seemed more as drawing on Stapp's struggle with religion (now there are a few Creed songs I avoid because they are too preachy) and Creed was never really in the Christian rock scene as Skillet was/ is.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I never once really put much of an investment on the whole Skillet was pushing on the whole "Jesus Saves" without mentioning Jesus. There has been similar bands that have tread that sort of line (Red, Flyleaf, maybe Switchfoot?). Certain songs from the Comatose album had to do with John Cooper's rather strained relationship with his father.

That stated, I liked Victorious. Not as much as Collide, Comatose, Awake, and Rise, but I think its a slight step-up from Unleashed. I need another relisten to it, which I will probably get to next week after listening to Sevendust's catalog (which for the most part is pretty fantastic, especially the Animosity, Seasons, and Alpha albums) since I will be seeing both bands in the same show in less than two weeks. Oddly enough, on the subject of Sevendust and since they will be on the UK tour, I didn't enjoy Chapter VII: Hope & Sorrow as much as those albums and that album had Mark, Myles, and Chris Daughtry from Daughtry on it and those songs they were a part of were solid. I do need to relisten to the albums in the 2010s.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Now, I don't hate Skillet. I like their sound but I've been doing a dive into their discography and some things have been bothering me like the repetition and sameyness from Awake onward. I think Comatose is the best album for variety of types of songs and themes. To me Skillet is a band I don't want to think about too hard because as soon as I do, I start noticing too many things wrong.
Don't bring up Daughtry. I used to be a fan but man those last two albums really are terrible and waste a great voice. I wish they made more albums like the first three and was pissed that Chris mislead fans into thinking the last album would be more guitar-centric. I really wish they made stuff like Drown in You or as heavy as Absent Element.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

You guys have any thoughts on collaborations on tour? Obviously the Sorrow with Myles Kennedy would be great (not that I could see it except on youtube). Watch over you with Jen Ledger? Words Darker than their Wings with John Cooper taking Mark's parts? Both Myles & Brent doing Simple Man?
Last edited by TheEndisHere on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

TheEndisHere wrote: Both Myles & Brent doing Simple Man?
That would've been sick!
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I highly doubt there are any collaborations. Sevendust is getting only 30-35 minutes. I don't think they burn a song slot for what is essentially a deep cut on an album that's not really well known. If AB and Sevendust co-headlining in the states in the future and Sevendust has more playing time, I can see them bring Myles out for Sorrow.

We might as well quell our expectations for any collabs during the tour. I would like to see AB perform Hunger Strike in some ways, shape, or form in this lifetime. When Myles did it with Gov't Mule long ago, he sounded fantastic. Oh, I think it would be really cool if they brought Seth Morrison from Skillet out to play something like Metalingus since he's been an AB fan from the near start, but I don't see that happening. A lot of big names to tour with. We can't always expect there to be collabs, just because there are a lot of great bands with great vocalists on the bill.