Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
George
Loyal Follower

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by George »

Is there anyone coming to the Cologne show? I think that's the one I gotta get to go.

Can you confirm if is that sold out already? I am not getting to buy the ticket.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
MARK ON BACKING VOCALS!!! :headbang

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Dying Light live in fan-freakin'-tastic!

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Great video of Dying Light + Blackbird...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Gosh, I missed Mark's clean tone so much.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I don't think something can be considered a true AB song unless Myles has completed muffed a lyric live :lol
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:I don't think something can be considered a true AB song unless Myles has completed muffed a lyric live :lol
Myles "I always forget my own lyrics" Kennedy :lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Maybe an angel just gets his wings instead

Post by gbruin »

slasherbridge wrote:
Blackbird wrote:Sounds good, even though the outro (which is the best part of the song in my eyes) is a bit underwhelming.

Also, name a more iconic duo than Myles and wrong live lyrics. x)
2nd only to Myles and denying everything.
Ubik wrote:I don't think something can be considered a true AB song unless Myles has completed muffed a lyric live :lol
If Myles denies a muffed lyric, does the opposite happen?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

I wonder whether I've ever been to a concert where he didn't get the intro to Slip wrong. I've probably seen the song about five or six times live, and he's (almost?) always messed it up, most of the time by singing "But it's all in the way, you turn your back today" which only comes up at the end of the first verse (if I'm not horribly mistaken).

It's really not a big deal obviously, but it's kinda hilarious.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Shhhhlip to the void...

I know the guys are huge perfectionists, but I honestly love those little blips here and there. It makes everything so much more real.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

gbruin wrote:Shhhhlip to the void...

I know the guys are huge perfectionists, but I honestly love those little blips here and there. It makes everything so much more real.
Absolutely! Back in the AB III days, when we met them after the shows (which has become increasingly difficult, but was possible at that time) and asked them why they wouldn't play Words live, they always told us that it was Myles not feeling comfortable doing it, probably because of the last part. And we were always thinking "Who the fuck cares when he messes it up, we just wanna hear this fucking amazing song live".

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Blackbird wrote:

Absolutely! Back in the AB III days, when we met them after the shows (which has become increasingly difficult, but was possible at that time) and asked them why they wouldn't play Words live, they always told us that it was Myles not feeling comfortable doing it, probably because of the last part. And we were always thinking "Who the fuck cares when he messes it up, we just wanna hear this fucking amazing song live".
It’s obvious as a soon-to-be 50-year old (I just turned that hideous age myself). He’s protecting his biggest investment...his voice. It perturbed me that he doesn’t/didn’t sing the 3rd part of the awesome bridge of In The Deep when I saw them two weeks ago (It’s ok, I sang it for him). But I get it. I’m also a big Stryper fan. Michael Sweet (also in his 50s) also has one of the best voices in rock in the studio. Why? Because he refuses to hit his phenomenal highs in concert.

lavillasean
Brand New Start

Post by lavillasean »

WaywardOne wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
New to the board here....I was at both HOB Orlando shows and was pleased to see Dying Light debut. I loved the shows but like others have mentioned, not crazy about the very short setlist. I saw a recent Tremonti interview where he alluded to a second US tour in support of Walk the Sky in Feb 2020. I assume this would be after the Shiprocked thing. Anyone have any scoop on that? I really hope it's not a co-headlining tour like this last one. Co-headline means short set...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

lavillasean wrote:
WaywardOne wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
New to the board here....I was at both HOB Orlando shows and was pleased to see Dying Light debut. I loved the shows but like others have mentioned, not crazy about the very short setlist. I saw a recent Tremonti interview where he alluded to a second US tour in support of Walk the Sky in Feb 2020. I assume this would be after the Shiprocked thing. Anyone have any scoop on that? I really hope it's not a co-headlining tour like this last one. Co-headline means short set...
Nothing more than that, so far. Not anything about dates or locations other than it's supposed to include their west coast swing. No word if it's a co-headliner or not, but I'm with you - I'd much rather get an AB headlining show/tour.

rscotta831 wrote:
Blackbird wrote:

I’m also a big Stryper fan. Michael Sweet (also in his 50s) also has one of the best voices in rock in the studio. Why? Because he refuses to hit his phenomenal highs in concert.
I've heard great things about Sweet's latest solo album. He is a fantastic vocalist.
/tangent.

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

gbruin wrote:
rscotta831 wrote: I’m also a big Stryper fan. Michael Sweet (also in his 50s) also has one of the best voices in rock in the studio. Why? Because he refuses to hit his phenomenal highs in concert.
I've heard great things about Sweet's latest solo album. He is a fantastic vocalist.
/tangent.
Everything Stryper/Michael Sweet (with and without George Lynch) 2013-current has been outstanding. IMO, hands down the best 80s metal resurgence act.

Sweet and Myles are the two most involved rock vocalists going today.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I'm a little surprised they haven't started using a monitor for lyrics. It's how Springsteen is able to switch up his setlist so much and do requests.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, wouldn't using a monitor be like cheating or something? At some point, it looks like it can be interpreted as karaoke (even if they wrote the friken songs).

Bruce Dickinson had some pretty heated words to people that uses stuff like monitors, teleprompters, etc. I don't think Rob Halford uses a lyrical teleprompter for Priest's most well known hits, but I think he does use them for something else.
"We still don't have an Autocue. Yay! I never realised that people were using Autocues. What the f--k is that all about? People pay good money and you can't even remember the sodding words. The daftest one I ever saw was [Judas Priest's] 'Breaking the Law.' It's on the f--king Autocue. 'Breaking the law, breaking the law/Breaking the law, breaking the law/Breaking the law, breaking the law/Breaking the law' - guess what? - 'breaking the law.' It's ludicrous."
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wt ... tocue.html

Edit: Ah, yes. Here's a quote from Halford about that.
In a 2010 interview with the QMI Agency, Halford spoke about how using a teleprompter helped him when he was asked to fill in for Ozzy with BLACK SABBATH for a show after Osbourne was taken ill. "[Like Ozzy], I use a teleprompter now too because I do so many things," he said. "I can't remember. I wish I was like my mate Bruce Dickinson and could do everything, but I need that safety blanket."
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/halfo ... t-nothing/

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I thought I've seen a pic of Myles from side stage that showed a lyric monitor? Despite my devotion to anything Bruce Dickinson, I wouldn't fault a singer for having one, esp when he is playing guitar and switching mike locations on stage. It doesn't mean he's reading every lyric off of it. Hell, setlists are often marked up with tuning changes and chord notations and other cues. It's fine.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

There has been discussion on some live Alice in Chains videos on YouTube about them clearly having tablets on their mic stands. Most people assumed they were for lyrics but I give them the benefit of the doubt and think it's something like set list, maybe sound monitoring or something else along those lines.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

I always figured AiC use the tablets to control their pedals/effects or something like that.

They only ever play the same couple of dozen songs live every tour. Be disappointing if even that's too many words to remember \m/