Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by Silvercreed »

I am a TWOTW fan too, never understood the hate. And there are other good songs like The Other Side, Island of Fools, This Side of Fate, The Last Hero (It's a crime this one not be played more regularly) and Cradle to the Grave! Will they play it this tour? well, hopefully yes...
I wouldn't mind to see Twilight or Losing Patient. I think this one could be great live.
I doubt they play more than one TLH song.

I just hope that, this time, after the album's release, they will play a good number of new songs like 6 or 7, which I doubt. If they keep only 4 will be poor.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, if Forever Falling gets a good reception (and I don't see why not), then it should be in place of Waters Rising as the song for Mark to sing. Plus, there's some other great gems out there like Native Son, Walking on the Sky, Dying Light so I imagine they will play at least one of those on the regular.

Of course, everything will help better if they forgo having two openers and just keep one support and AB gets more playing time. Nothing wrong with Dirty Honey and The Raven Age, they sound good for what they want to accomplish, but honestly, they don't bring a lot of value like a band like 10 Years or Shinedown has (which in honesty is an impossible task and an unfair statement to make for those young bands, but I'm laying the cards out there). That stated, I imagine AB keeps bring a 3rd band on the bill (especially a lesser name) since they want the younger bands to do well in front of their crowds and grow a fanbase themselves.

The UK shows has to have at least two well known bands outside of AB on the bill since having a packaged tour = more tickets sold than having only two bands on the bill.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

300 miles to go.... Alter Bridge in Myrtle Beach tonight!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm another WOTW fan. Top three from the last album for me. I could see them doing it too as Come To Life and Broken Wings are also in drop B.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

WOTW one of my favorite AB tracks

Jesterhead92
Bought The CDs

Post by Jesterhead92 »

Don't mean to step on the toes of TLH fans but I personally wouldn't mind if they just left that album behind lmao

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Jesterhead92 wrote:Don't mean to step on the toes of TLH fans but I personally wouldn't mind if they just left that album behind lmao
Same.

Wish they’d stop metalingus. It’s a heavy one. But being a wrestling fan back in what 2004 2005? Just reminds me of them playing “edges theme song”

Edit the guy actully lives in Asheville and was at Charlotte show a few years ago. He’s a fan of the band so maybe that’s why they keep it in set

Jesterhead92
Bought The CDs

Post by Jesterhead92 »

austin. wrote:
Jesterhead92 wrote:Don't mean to step on the toes of TLH fans but I personally wouldn't mind if they just left that album behind lmao
Same.

Wish they’d stop metalingus. It’s a heavy one. But being a wrestling fan back in what 2004 2005? Just reminds me of them playing “edges theme song”

Edit the guy actully lives in Asheville and was at Charlotte show a few years ago. He’s a fan of the band so maybe that’s why they keep it in set
Yeah I read somewhere that Metalingus is their most played song which is wild. It's a decent tune, but they have better "heavy" tracks on even the same album. I like what they do with it live though, introducing all the band members and the audience interaction, even if the song itself is a tad overrated

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, Metalingus is not only their most played song live, but it's also their most streamed song on Spotify (40 million plays). Double than what #2 has which is Watch Over You at 20 million.

So yeah, it's safe to say its their most recognizable track (and it's not even a single) and therefore it will always get played.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Can’t disagree with the logic there. Makes sense it’s a staple. Hoping they removed before tomorrow comes...... dang long drive guys. Can’t wait to see AB tonight. Named my son Myles with a Y after this frontman....... love a rock and roll show

Edit anyone at Raleigh notice if merch booth had any AB stickers? I’d like one for the car.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Man Myrtle beach is nice. Hope the guys soaked up the sun here yesterday on their off day. Ice area. Must be cool as crap to get to travel the country (world) and see nice places every weekend.

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

The Tremonti SE has new strings on it, and freshly polished for tomorrow's clinic. Looking forward to Mark signing my axe.

I'm headed to the show in Baltimore. There only two things that will get me into the state of Maryland.... craft beer and AB haha.
I should probably work from home on Monday.. but oh well.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

mycarhasabs wrote:The Tremonti SE has new strings on it, and freshly polished for tomorrow's clinic. Looking forward to Mark signing my axe.

I'm headed to the show in Baltimore. There only two things that will get me into the state of Maryland.... craft beer and AB haha.
Craft beer is good stuff. Have fun man.
House of blues Myrtle beach.... don’t know if it’s just aesthetic but man..... this place looks hardcore rough on the outside lol

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

austin. wrote:
mycarhasabs wrote:The Tremonti SE has new strings on it, and freshly polished for tomorrow's clinic. Looking forward to Mark signing my axe.

House of blues Myrtle beach.... don’t know if it’s just aesthetic but man..... this place looks hardcore rough on the outside lol
It’s definitely not as nice as some of the other HOB venues across the country, but it’s only an hour away from me and they aren’t going to ever play any closer to me
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I love the House of Blues in Anaheim. It's in the Anaheim Gardenwalk and it has its own parking garage so you don't need to park anywhere near Disneyland. That stated, I live so close to it that if there's a show at the HOB, I might as well just take the bus there and take an Uber/Lyft home and it would only set me back $13. Parking for the day is $24.00 (well, $3.00 an hour, plus HOB does give you two hours of validation). I might as well try the bus/lyft approach for my next visit there so that I can stay around the Anaheim Gardenwalk longer.

I hope AB plays there for their SoCal show, but its a bit sizable to them. 2,200 people capacity compared to the Wiltern's 1,850 people capacity. No matter, because I love the Wiltern as well. Been to four shows there this year and all of them were pretty good to really amazing.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

AHart96 wrote:
austin. wrote:

It’s definitely not as nice as some of the other HOB venues across the country, but it’s only an hour away from me and they aren’t going to ever play any closer to me
Where you at brother I’m second row on marks side by the bar

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

austin. wrote:
AHart96 wrote:
austin. wrote:

Where you at brother I’m second row on marks side by the bar
Directly in the center behind the front of house/sound/lighting enclosure. Perfect view
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Greenster
Brand New Start

Post by Greenster »

austin. wrote:Can’t disagree with the logic there. Makes sense it’s a staple. Hoping they removed before tomorrow comes...... dang long drive guys. Can’t wait to see AB tonight. Named my son Myles with a Y after this frontman....... love a rock and roll show

Edit anyone at Raleigh notice if merch booth had any AB stickers? I’d like one for the car.

Same bro, 1 year old Myles G all the way from Glasgow Scotland!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

That was fucking unreal. Myles sounded so perfect