Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I'm back in California, but will leave for work in about 30 minutes. I just want to take the time to say, ty to AB, their management, the fans, and for Myles in particular for being the class act that he is, for making my trip to the East Coast more than worthwhile than I have ever imagined.

If AB announces the West Coast shows, I may consider traveling more to see them all in Spokane, Seattle, San Francisco, and of course, LA depending on flight and hotel prices.

Many more details in a couple of hours in probably the longest post I have ever made in my life.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

joshuabeau wrote:
gregslobos wrote:Where is the energy from Myles???
Dude is probably tired as hell.
Well, he is getting old, you can't deny that.

gregslobos
Brand New Start

Post by gregslobos »

Yeah if it stays that way I understand but will miss watch over you very very much.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Did they play ghosts?

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

austin. wrote:Did they play ghosts?
Yes, in my opinion one of the better performances as well

Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

One Drew Remains wrote:Wow! No Watch Over You. Don't get me wrong, I love the set, and ILM is great as the acoustic number. But these are the first two things I noticed...

No TLH tunes
No Watch Over You

Very interesting.
Personally the set feels short. I put that on the fact that they're touring with so many bands on the bill and as a result they have shortened their setlist a little bit. I'd love to see AB do a 20-22 song setlist especially with them having songs that Mark sings on and Myles doesn't. Under those circumstances I'm sure Watch Over You would be in every set and TLH would have a song appear here or there. With the emphasis that this album is an answer to ABIII I'm surprised they didn't add some more deep cuts from there into the set.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The Dissident wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:Wow! No Watch Over You. Don't get me wrong, I love the set, and ILM is great as the acoustic number. But these are the first two things I noticed...

No TLH tunes
No Watch Over You

Very interesting.
Personally the set feels short. I put that on the fact that they're touring with so many bands on the bill and as a result they have shortened their setlist a little bit. I'd love to see AB do a 20-22 song setlist especially with them having songs that Mark sings on and Myles doesn't. Under those circumstances I'm sure Watch Over You would be in every set and TLH would have a song appear here or there. With the emphasis that this album is an answer to ABIII I'm surprised they didn't add some more deep cuts from there into the set.
Well, the show in Raleigh was 17 songs and around 90-95 minutes. Relatively standard length for a headlining set that has three bands on the bill. First opening act got 30 minutes and 10 Years got 40-45 which again is standard for a three band bill. Remember this, when the actual co-headlining tour begins, AB will get around 70-75 minutes.

The set has no Watch Over You, no Ties That Bind and nothing from The Last Hero and honestly, I don't mind these changes. As AB incorporates newer songs, some songs are going to get the shaft and I didn't see Broken Wings or In Loving Memory when I saw them in LA (where they also played 17 songs) back in 2014, so those are welcome additions honestly.

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

I was absolutely delighted to see nothing from TLH, Especially since if they were going to play something from there it would have been Show Me A Leader or My Champion.

I found it really funny hearing Buried Alive played at the original tempo. They didn't play it the last time I saw them, and the Amsterdam DVD performance has been ingrained in my memory for a decade now - I ended up thinking it was too slow last night \m/
gregslobos wrote:Where is the energy from Myles???
Yeah, he didn't talk too much or move around. Sounded absolutely fantastic though, and even pronounced about 95% of the words right! (gotta get that THASSSS IS NOT THE AAAAND in)

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I think SMAL days in the set are over. Mark publicly stated that he didn't care much for playing seven string. The tuning was always weird on My Champion. I think if they ever bring a song from that record back, it will be Crows. They seem to enjoy it.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I really loved WOTW from TLH, unpopular opinion i guess

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

If they have to play a song from The Last Hero, I want to see Crows on a Wire. Other than that, it saddens me to see when they released a recent album and then after the cycle is over, they opted to play no songs from it. It tells me that they didn't like it too much over time or it didn't age well (which is shocking since all AB albums aged very well and has loads of relistenable value, but that doesn't seem to be the case for The Last Hero).

Compare that to say Fortress where they still would play 3-4 songs from it during The Last Hero tour.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Blackbirddd wrote:I really loved WOTW from TLH, unpopular opinion i guess
With you bud, the groove it has is insanely good. And if Island of Fools was on Blackbird they'd be playing it every show till death.
For all of the hope that it brings...

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

anguyen92 wrote:
The Dissident wrote:

No TLH tunes
No Watch Over You

Very interesting.
Well, the show in Raleigh was 17 songs and around 90-95 minutes. Relatively standard length for a headlining set that has three bands on the bill. First opening act got 30 minutes and 10 Years got 40-45 which again is standard for a three band bill. Remember this, when the actual co-headlining tour begins, AB will get around 70-75 minutes.

The set has no Watch Over You, no Ties That Bind and nothing from The Last Hero and honestly, I don't mind these changes. As AB incorporates newer songs, some songs are going to get the shaft and I didn't see Broken Wings or In Loving Memory when I saw them in LA (where they also played 17 songs) back in 2014, so those are welcome additions honestly.

In regards to the setlist length I totally get why it is shorter but as a fan I'd prefer them do a set closer to 120 mins. But 90 minutes of AB would still be amazing. As for the set changing, I'm okay with some of these changes in a smaller setlist. I wouldn't be opposed to them having some song rotating around. Broken Wings and In Loving Memory being back in the set is fantastic on both accounts.

I personally hope the West Coast NA tour will be a 2 band bill but that likely won't happen...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, the more I think about the things I want to say about this entire trip, the more I really want to map up my experiences in great detail. Not so much the songs from the Walk the Sky album since the good people that were at the listening party took better observations than I did. I was more like the "yeah, I love this track!" or "it has its greater moments" Just enjoying a lot of things in the moment and for a guy that's not a great conversationalist who hasn't been on a plane in 17 years prior to this, all of this was awesome and I hope I can give a long detail of my trip at some point today or tomorrow.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

anguyen92 wrote:
The Dissident wrote:

No TLH tunes
No Watch Over You

Very interesting.

No Watch Over You is a fail also plenty of better TLH tracks than the boring af Rise Today

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I LOVE One Life, it reminds me a lot to 'Believe' from Second Skin, god it's beautiful

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Blackbirddd wrote:I LOVE One Life, it reminds me a lot to 'Believe' from Second Skin, god it's beautiful

Was going to say it had a M4 vibe i love those kind of vocals from Myles so atmospheric

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Nah, I agree. It's one of the few great songs on that album.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Buffon wrote:I found it really funny hearing Buried Alive played at the original tempo. They didn't play it the last time I saw them, and the Amsterdam DVD performance has been ingrained in my memory for a decade now - I ended up thinking it was too slow last night \m/
That's pretty funny. I remember thinking the same thing about "Rise Today" when I saw them open on the Breaking Benjamin/Disturbed tour. I think that was the first time I'd seen them in person after they had started playing to a click.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Nah, I agree. It's one of the few great songs on that album.

Other than all the other songs on the album lol