Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by anguyen92 »

jailman wrote:
anguyen92 wrote: The next few thoughts I'm going to say may seem a bit sacrilegious to say here and I'm not going to say this for the sake of trolling or the sake of being negative. After all, if I was always being negative I wouldn't spend $250.00, buy a flight to Orlando, which is the first flight in 17 years I've been on, for the album listening party, and then fly to Raleigh to see their show two days later.
stop the over-prefacing. Just say what u wanna say. We're not puss'es here. We can hang. Negative or not.
Understood, it's just there's this one dude that thinks we're always friken negative around here even though people's concerns when it comes to this band is valid and they have backed it up with good comparisons and details. People are not negative for the sake of being negative. We all want the band to be as great as we know they can be.

Anywho, regarding Skillet. I think when they filmed the Comatose Comes Alive set back in 2008 they were playing in a room in Chattanooga, Tennessee (not one of the more popular cities to do a show in) that had like 1,000 people or so. After a couple of good runs of great singles, they did get into tours like Carnival of Madness and Uproar playing with bands like Shinedown and Godsmack and I think they were opening for Nickelback in a couple of arena shows in Europe around that time. I think it may have been around 2016 after they released Unleashed where they can comfortably do standalone tours in the states in solid venues without being on a festival tour (either with Active Rock bands or Christian bands). As I said before, when they came to Anaheim in 2017, they were playing in a room that filled 1,700 people and had Sick Puppies (whose drawing power was not high since they switched singers) as support.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Since we started discuss the possible set closers, we should just discuss what we think the set will/ should look like for the upcoming co-headline tour w/ Skillet. Since it's a co-headlining tour, the set will be shorter (probably 12-15 songs, as this is what Skillet & Sevendust have been playing on their current co-headline tour) and the emphasis will be on the new album but you want all eras represented. With 6 albums, if split evenly they'd play 2-3 songs per album, but I'd expect that Walk the Sky might get 3-4 songs. Obvious some songs are classics they play every time. So what do you want/expect?
Here's my thoughts by album
ODR
1. Metallingus (classic must play)-I could do without but it's their most played song so it's a shoe-in
2. Open Your Eyes (classic must play)
My Wishlist- The End is Here or Broken Wings

Blackbird
3. Blackbird (classic must play)
4. Watch Over You (classic must play for sing along)
My Wishlist- White Knuckles or Coming Home

ABIII
5. Isolation (classic)
6. Ghosts (classic)
My Wishlist- Slip into the Void

Fortress-
7. Cry of Achilles
8. Addicted to Pain or Fortress
My Wishlist- All Ends Well or Calm the Fire

The Last Hero
9. Show Me A leader (most plays from TLH)
10. My Champion (2nd most plays from TLH)
My Wishlist- The Last Hero & Cradle to the Grave

Walk the Sky
11. Wouldn't You Rather (shoe-in)
12. In the deep/ Pay No Mind/ Take the Crown (one of the other pre-release songs probably will be played)
13.? Forever Falling? (need a Mark song in, why not the new one?)
14.? Dying Light- the new epic according to the review

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

anguyen92 wrote:
jailman wrote:
anguyen92 wrote: The next few thoughts I'm going to say may seem a bit sacrilegious to say here and I'm not going to say this for the sake of trolling or the sake of being negative. After all, if I was always being negative I wouldn't spend $250.00, buy a flight to Orlando, which is the first flight in 17 years I've been on, for the album listening party, and then fly to Raleigh to see their show two days later.
stop the over-prefacing. Just say what u wanna say. We're not puss'es here. We can hang. Negative or not.
Understood, it's just there's this one dude that thinks we're always friken negative around here even though people's concerns when it comes to this band is valid and they have backed it up with good comparisons and details. People are not negative for the sake of being negative. We all want the band to be as great as we know they can be.

Anywho, regarding Skillet. I think when they filmed the Comatose Comes Alive set back in 2008 they were playing in a room in Chattanooga, Tennessee (not one of the more popular cities to do a show in) that had like 1,000 people or so. After a couple of good runs of great singles, they did get into tours like Carnival of Madness and Uproar playing with bands like Shinedown and Godsmack and I think they were opening for Nickelback in a couple of arena shows in Europe around that time. I think it may have been around 2016 after they released Unleashed where they can comfortably do standalone tours in the states in solid venues without being on a festival tour (either with Active Rock bands or Christian bands). As I said before, when they came to Anaheim in 2017, they were playing in a room that filled 1,700 people and had Sick Puppies (whose drawing power was not high since they switched singers) as support.

Heavy sigh move on already . You have a problem with me you deal with me, sniping is for cowards. Or even better take the high road and just carry on

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Derailed narcism and the irresistable urge for confrontation have entered these forums and is ruining the atmosphere over here.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

riemslag1 wrote:Derailed narcism and the irresistable urge for confrontation have entered these forums and is ruining the atmosphere over here.
I'm sorry. It's never my intention to instigate. I always want to avoid conflict in anything. I just get pricky during the times that this forum has a perceived notion that its full of negative people (its not just LosingPatience, but the whole DC3 debacle in the past as well) when I've been here for 7 years and this forum has helped me out in being a better AB fan and a better person in general.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

OK, my bad for not coming across as I meant it to be.
Probably caused by mailing in another language than my own.
My comment by no means was meant towards you !
Enjoying your contribution to the discussions very much.
Just irritated by those people taking it all out of proportion.
We're just discussing a band and it's music here and every opinion is welcome here, nothing more to it.
No need to demonize those with critisism beceause the band is taking another path than what we became fan for years agoo.

merces
Brand New Start

Post by merces »

*edit* wrong treath

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Napalm Records promotion

MrK2991
Brand New Start

Post by MrK2991 »

Just wondering if Tim might be able to help me out with this...I’m signed up for the guitar clinic in Myrtle Beach and haven’t heard anything more from them about it. A guy on Reddit said he got his instructions for the meet and greet, so I was just a little concerned. I’m really looking forward to it and just want to make sure everything is good to go.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

AB’s Instagram story showed they had a Synth during rehearsals... :)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, day 1 of the tour starts today in Raleigh. Got the fast lane pass so hopefully I can get rail this time depending on how many purchased VIP.

I wonder if the band still does meet up with fans near their bus after the show? I wouldn’t mind meeting the guys and tell Tim ty for being a great manager for these guys and then I can ask their reaction about the front row wearing Mark masks during the listening party.

Not like I have anything else to do before heading back to the airport.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I always thought a great encore would be coming back with Myles solo, introing Cry Of Achilles. And then ending with Find The Real. That ending high note would be awesome.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I found the only major peeve of this trip. I found that the album cover shirt I bought at the listening party is an xxl instead of a L. So I’m just going to give it away to anyone that wants it at the Raleigh show without any charge and get a proper sized shirt for myself. No big deal. I’m under the budget I set for myself .

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

anguyen92 wrote:So I found the only major peeve of this trip. I found that the album cover shirt I bought at the listening party is an xxl instead of a L. So I’m just going to give it away to anyone that wants it at the Raleigh show without any charge and get a proper sized shirt for myself. No big deal. I’m under the budget I set for myself .
Just be careful how you go about asking people if they want a xxl shirt.
For all of the hope that it brings...

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Anyone else mad that all the good deals on tickets came out later? There are at least 2 different promotions (one from local radio station) and the end of summer sale that had $20 pit tickets ($32.50 after fees) when I paid $42.50 ($62.50 after fees). Now I don't mind the band getting more of my money since I'm a die hard and the sales allowed me to convince other people to join me but still...I'm mad at myself for not holding out

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

TheEndisHere wrote:Anyone going to the Philly show? I just got my general admission/pit ticket. OMFG fees are ridiculous, added like $20 to the ticket.
I will be there! I haven't been to the Met before, so I'm excited to check it out.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I'm scheduled to fly to Pittsburgh on the evening of the 27th. Columbus is just less than 3 hours away on I-70...

So close. :mope

One Drew Remains wrote:I always thought a great encore would be coming back with Myles solo, introing Cry Of Achilles. And then ending with Find The Real. That ending high note would be awesome.
Oh, hell yes!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

But I know Andy would wait for me!

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote:Just go to the Columbus show and meet Andy on top of that.
With my current flight, I'm afraid the bus would be gone before I could get there.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die