Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by Mr.Vlado »

George wrote:Hey guys, I'm actually planning to see AB in Germany in november. Anyone?
Yeah, sure! :rockon
Berlin

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

George, I will be at the Cologne gig. Which one(s) are you visiting?
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

musthavefaith07
Brand New Start

Post by musthavefaith07 »

Does anyone know who plays first at the agora show AB or Skillet??

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ No idea yet. I'm sure things like set times and band order will get straighten up a few weeks before the tour.

Anyway, with these two headlining shows before the Victorious Sky tour, I'm actually contemplating going to the show in North Carolina on the Thursday the week of the Listening Party. Plane tickets look cheap from Orlando to Raleigh. Listening Party is on a Tuesday. I have the Wednesday to take the plane there and I can spend the day in Raleigh on Thursday and see the show and get back to SoCal on Friday. 10 Years being main support does sweeten the deal a bit. I'm actually thinking about it.

I guess I have to ask myself. Do I like this band enough for me to go ahead and make this endeavor? The answer is, of course, yes. Plus, I'm missing out on seeing Breaking Benjamin. Replacing Breaking Benjamin for an AB show (especially when the AB show is all GA) is a great tradeoff. I'm doing it and no one's going to stop me.

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Re: Alter Bridge Fall Tour 2019

Post by Skywalker »

anguyen92 wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:AB & Skillet would not work given how one is Christian Rock and the other is openly atheist/agnostic
So what? Why should religion beliefs get in the way of the idea of two great bands touring together? Skillet is doing a tour with Sevendust this summer and Sevendust is not Christian Rock.
Agreed. And I wouldn't label Alter Bridge as atheist/agnostic as the previous poster did. Myles may fall into that category, but Mark certainly doesn't. (I'm not entirely sure of Brian and Flip.)

Regarding Sevendust, they are not Christian Rock, but Clint Lowery has embraced his faith, which is why I thought that tour with Sevendust and Skillet made sense a bit.

In any event, I think religion shouldn't play a part of pairing of bands. Sure, you probably won't see a Stryper/King Diamond pairing in the near future, :lol but good bands are good bands. If they share fans, it makes sense to pair up, particularly the way promoters value names and double-bills these days.
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

anguyen92 wrote:^^ No idea yet. I'm sure things like set times and band order will get straighten up a few weeks before the tour.

Anyway, with these two headlining shows before the Victorious Sky tour, I'm actually contemplating going to the show in North Carolina on the Thursday the week of the Listening Party. Plane tickets look cheap from Orlando to Raleigh. Listening Party is on a Tuesday. I have the Wednesday to take the plane there and I can spend the day in Raleigh on Thursday and see the show and get back to SoCal on Friday. 10 Years being main support does sweeten the deal a bit. I'm actually thinking about it.

I guess I have to ask myself. Do I like this band enough for me to go ahead and make this endeavor? The answer is, of course, yes. Plus, I'm missing out on seeing Breaking Benjamin. Replacing Breaking Benjamin for an AB show (especially when the AB show is all GA) is a great tradeoff. I'm doing it and no one's going to stop me.
Do the myrtle beach show man. Can’t beat the house of blues or myrtle beach period...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I love the House of Blues venue in Anaheim and I'm sure the Myrtle Beach version of it is great, but I don't think I would have the budget to stick around any longer out of California than I already do.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

axlar wrote:George, I will be at the Cologne gig. Which one(s) are you visiting?
Hey Stjin, probably Berlin and/or Hamburg. It will be my first time in Europe and I am still working the things out.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

George wrote:
axlar wrote:George, I will be at the Cologne gig. Which one(s) are you visiting?
Hey Stjin, probably Berlin and/or Hamburg. It will be my first time in Europe and I am still working the things out.
Both are cool places. Sounds exciting! have an awesome trip!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, colored me shocked. They have added one more show. It's a standalone show in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on October 1st. They played this venue before formally known as the Metropolis in 2017. Now it's known as the MTELUS.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 1096481793

This is becoming quite the tour in NA. I was worried that they wouldn't visit North America until early 2020, but now they got 25 shows. Got the album listening party, 10 Years is main supporting two of those shows, solid co-headlining tour with Skillet and most of those shows are before the album is out.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

So on Spotify AB released a Walk the Sky Tour 2019 playlist.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4UJKR ... f8wT2pwwFA
I wonder if this in an indication of what songs they will play on the tour (with the exceptions of the new songs that haven't been released yet). Thoughts?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Are they trolling or do they seriously have a 30 second song on the playlist

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

What's the 30 second song? I don't see it on that list.

As for the playlist, I don't think it's any indication of the songs that's going to be played on the tour. I highly doubt they are going to be playing The Other Side and The Last Hero or One Day Remains on the regular. It's a playlist of some well-known songs for people to be familiarized with the bands on this Walk the Sky Europe tour. Although it does look like a playlist that's heavily favored the main three bands' (AB, Shinedown, and Sevendust) more recent albums.

It's missing Sevendust's Angel's Son and nothing from Shinedown's Us and Them (which sadly, Shinedown has decided that that album does not exist anymore by not playing any songs from it on the regular in their shows). Still, I saw Shinedown a few days back. I was thoroughly entertained, especially since I paid only $25.00 for a far back seat, but it was a good view. Nearly every song was a singalong in a crowd of about 7-8,000 people and if Brent Smith was miming or relying on backing tracks then I was fooled since I couldn't really spot that at all in his vocal melodies. It sounded live enough and he sang certain chorus lines that didn't sound like exactly the studio version. More like singing it in a way that doesn't strain the voice.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

anguyen92 wrote:What's the 30 second song? I don't see it on that list.

As for the playlist, I don't think it's any indication of the songs that's going to be played on the tour. I highly doubt they are going to be playing The Other Side and The Last Hero or One Day Remains on the regular. It's a playlist of some well-known songs for people to be familiarized with the bands on this Walk the Sky Europe tour. Although it does look like a playlist that's heavily favored the main three bands' (AB, Shinedown, and Sevendust) more recent albums.

It's missing Sevendust's Angel's Son and nothing from Shinedown's Us and Them (which sadly, Shinedown has decided that that album does not exist anymore by not playing any songs from it on the regular in their shows). Still, I saw Shinedown a few days back. I was thoroughly entertained, especially since I paid only $25.00 for a far back seat, but it was a good view. Nearly every song was a singalong in a crowd of about 7-8,000 people and if Brent Smith was miming or relying on backing tracks then I was fooled since I couldn't really spot that at all in his vocal melodies. It sounded live enough and he sang certain chorus lines that didn't sound like exactly the studio version. More like singing it in a way that doesn't strain the voice.
That's actually very disappointing...that's their best album IMO.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, set times for the festival in Tennessee. AB gets an hour and everyone else of name value also gets an hour. GNR gets three hours, but that's expected.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Does Raleigh/myrtle beach include Skillet, or no?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Nope. Skillet will not be in the two shows after the listening party. This will be a full AB headlining show and 10 Years and Dirty Honey will be opening. I mentioned it when it was announced.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

anguyen92 wrote:I mentioned it when it was announced.
The shade.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ You got me, Andy.

All right, I bought my ticket to the Raleigh show. They were $43.00 for GA. Not bad. It looks to be the standard price for bands the size of AB. I also opted to pay the extra $10.00 for the fast lane pass. Me buying the plane tickets to the east coast were a little cheaper than I expected, so I decided why not? I may end up in the front row.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, well. It has been confirmed from AB's management team via email. The VIP listening party will be at the Beacham (which was obvious given that was where they hosted it last time, but now it is confirmed). Only a 14 minute walk away from the hotel room I am staying out. Pretty darn sweet.