Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by anguyen92 »

TTournier wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:That is pretty odd. The VIP Album Listening Party was $250.00 and was a straight up price. No fees or shipping costs whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is that they are going to mail you something after the show is over and the nothing will be mailed to you prior to it?
The CD is included in the M&G - folks getting the M&G before the album is out we will ship them the album.

https://alterbridge.com/products/alter- ... t-greet-us
Ahhh, all right, well TremontiFan4Life discovered that was indeed the case. Thanks for re-clarifying, Tim.

On another note, I need to send you a message about certain questions I have regarding the day of the listening party.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

TTournier wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:That is pretty odd. The VIP Album Listening Party was $250.00 and was a straight up price. No fees or shipping costs whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is that they are going to mail you something after the show is over and the nothing will be mailed to you prior to it?
The CD is included in the M&G - folks getting the M&G before the album is out we will ship them the album.

https://alterbridge.com/products/alter- ... t-greet-us
Yes, thanks Tim. I felt stupid last night, it was right in front of me

schleif91
Brand New Start

Post by schleif91 »

Oh wow thats cool that we'll get the cd before if we have a pre release show. Hey if i buy a mark clinic and the regular meet and greet is that okay? Or does it kinda go against time restraints.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

schleif91 wrote:Oh wow thats cool that we'll get the cd before if we have a pre release show. Hey if i buy a mark clinic and the regular meet and greet is that okay? Or does it kinda go against time restraints.
I've seen various tweets from AB responding to this kind of question. If you have the money to afford it, you can go to both Meet and Greet and Mark's clinic.

Besides, Mark has to be there for both pre-show events so he's not picking one or the other. Although, if I had to choose one if I can afford it, I probably go with the clinic. Outlets where we can learn from the guy on how his mind works when it comes to writing songs and guitar sections of songs is always greatly appreciated.

schleif91
Brand New Start

Post by schleif91 »

Oh for sure i just didnt know if they tried to do 1 or the other. Oh for sure the mark clinic is on my top list priority. Just so different and unique compared to other bands vip bundles. Plus the on stage rig tour would be amazing

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

The guitar clinic is an amazing experience. It's not very often that you can get tips and exercises from, and pick the brain of, someone like a Mark Tremonti. Any level of player can get something out of the clinics. Even non-guitar players say they have loved it.

But...guitar clinics don't get you early entrance for the show. You'll hear soundcheck with the M&G peeps, but the M&G peeps will get back into the venue first before the show starts. So if you're aiming for the rail, you'll need the M&G package, too.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, things have cooled off in terms of announcements after the big tours in both sides of the Atlantic has been announced and this post on Instagram from Seth Morrison of Skillet hasn't been brought up here at the day of announcement of the tour with Skillet. You think he's thrilled enough for touring with AB as a long time fan? These are the kinds of stuff dreams are made of for a guy like him. He got some pictures with him of the guys during those very old days of AB.
morrisonseth
I’ve been excited to announce this tour for some time now... On a personal note, this will be one of the more surreal and full circle tours I’ve done. @officialalterbridge has been one of “my bands” since 2004. I waited in line for hours as a teenager at every Ohio show, and @markttremonti has been one of the most influential guitarists on me, and my generation.

We’ve played numerous shows together over the years, and I love to be able to tell people how refreshing it is when you meet and become friends with some of your “musical heroes” and the people that they are make you bigger fans than the music that drew you in to begin with. This going to be fun @markttremonti @officialmyleskennedy @flip_drums @bmarshall73
Swipe ➡️ for some awesome throwbacks!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzGN-PWhVaQ/

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Now, we got a legit update. According to their Twitter, they are doing two standalone shows in Raleigh, NC at the Ritz on 09/19 and Myrtle Beach, SC at the HOB on 09/21.

10 Years and Dirty Honey will be opening.

Yep, this starts two days after the Listening Party.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Anyone got a presale code for myrtle beach

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austin. wrote:Anyone got a presale code for myrtle beach
I think I saw a tweet from them about it. It's VIPAB.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Got two tickets for House Of Blues Myrtle beach!

Kiss aug 19? Aaron Lewis August 29, alter bridge September 21? Louder than life ft staind September 29? Scott Stapp October 1st or 3rd I believe....

Stringing together a lot of concerts this fall. Excited.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

RIP your ears lol

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Well, it's not healthy for the ears but with a good earplugs, it will be fine.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

which do you prefer? I just got some downbeats yesterday. They work great but I almost couldn't get them out of my ears, had to use tweezers, then read about the stem breaking off in ear and thought hell no and returned them. Felt safer getting a pair attached to a band

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Earplugs? May be the safe and smart thing to do but idk love loud shows man

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

austin. wrote:Earplugs? May be the safe and smart thing to do but idk love loud shows man
I'm right there with you believe me I've never worn earplugs before but for the two shows that I'm going to at the end of October I plan to be down in front for at least one of them and I want to make sure I have protection. I love music therefore by default I love my ears, I don't even watch TV I spend the majority of the day listening to stuff radio shows, music, all audio based mostly.

One of the last shows I went to was a Tremonti gig and I had one of those moments where he hit a note that actually made my eardrums hurt. On top of that after the show it took me longer than ever for my hearing to get back to what I considered normal, really scared the shit out of me. So even though it's kind of lame

I have to have sonic condoms

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:which do you prefer? I just got some downbeats yesterday. They work great but I almost couldn't get them out of my ears, had to use tweezers, then read about the stem breaking off in ear and thought hell no and returned them. Felt safer getting a pair attached to a band
It has never happened to me but maybe you should try not to put them so deep, i don't know.
But keep using them, even if you don't have many concerts

I have two pairs of earplugs: vic firth and alpine.
Very easy to put them and quite comfortable.

I got some ringing in my right ear a few years ago after a good number of concerts without protection (I wished i had bought them earlier).
I go to a lot a concerts so.. it helps not get worse. Nowadays i'm pretty fine with it but, in the beginning it was a little bit hard.
austin. wrote:Earplugs? May be the safe and smart thing to do but idk love loud shows man
Don't worry, you will hear loudly enough. A good earplugs gives you a good sound clarity (of course the sound mixing has to be good) If you are a regular in concerts it's always better to use protection for ears to not get the ringing or worse.

AngusWolfe
Bought The CDs

Post by AngusWolfe »

Considering they do it every night and pretty much all day including sound check and fit up, you can almost guarantee the sound guy mixing the show will be wearing earplugs, so you're actually more likely to get what he's trying to get across wearing them. Even a £20 set can give you decent clarity these days and that's what, three beers at some venues? well worth the investment if you only go to gigs occasionally. If you enjoy music then there's no excuse not to wear ear plugs imo.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Interesting discussion here. I have seen actually many of people use plugs at shows, even people on the rail rocking. So yeah they must not hinder the sound. I definitely will look into some. Use earplugs every day at work (tree work, chainsawing chipper etc) so I’ll try and get a good pair with sound clarity!

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Hey guys, I'm actually planning to see AB in Germany in november. Anyone?
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019