Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by anguyen92 »

Adding on to Andy's point, there is a section in the FAQ regarding special needs. Might as well take your chances with that.
How do I make a special needs request?

Please call the Box Office for all special needs accommodations at 407-934-2006.
http://www.houseofblues.com/orlando/faq

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Andy92 wrote:Most venues should have handicap accessible areas even in standing room only I would hope. When I was looking for tickets yesterday I noticed a handicap section at the venue I was looking at even though it’s all standing room only. Maybe try contacting the venue in Orlando directly and asking about their handicap accessibility for concerts?
In my experience most venues either don't have a designated area or the designated area that they do have make you feel like they're just herding cattle into one spot. A good example would be when I went to the Myles solo show in December at the Beckham here in Orlando I took a friend with me because I had never been to the venue before, as it turns out they had absolutely no area for disabled people in fact I was the only disabled person there which I'm not complaining about it's kind of expected at this point and I ended up just hanging out all the way in the back in front of the bar staring at the backs of people all night catching an occasional glimpse of Myles when two people was separate long enough for me to be able to see something. Glad I was able to support Myles but it was the worst personal experience I have ever had.

I've been to the house of blues before, on the first show of the Fortress tour in 2014 when we were all there, all the diehards and even then where was I? All the way in the back. It is what it is I suppose. It just bums me out a little bit because of all the things I've been fortunate enough to do I haven't had a proper VIP experience with the guys yet and it would've been nice but I can't swing $475 to do it for two people. Anyway the person that would be coming with me isn't even really and Alter Bridge fan so wouldn't even care that much about the whole experience

I'm not interested in doing what everybody seems to do these days when things don't go their way and complain about it and make a big deal out of it. I still have time to say screw it and go anyway but I have to be in the right mood to make that decision and when I'm thinking clearly I know it's a bad one

One question I do have for anyone that has done the VIP experience, on the band's website it does say that we will be contacted the week of the show to be told where the meet and greet location would be, where is that generally in relation to the venue? Call me stupid but I just thought that it would be like backstage at the venue or something. I'm thinking if I can get enough information and arrange everything I can just do a VIP experience myself, save 50% and everything might still work out

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

If anyone has contacts to the band, someone should really help dude out. He’s a diehard and having to be in the back because he’s handicapped and “out of place” is such a shame. Dudes been on forums since I was a kid listening to Creed. Before even ABB I knew of this guy

I think alter bridge should stick him front row once a tour but maybe that’s just me. Hang in there man I will try to reach out rock on

What show you going to next buddy

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

I'm trying to get in touch with him Tim, I've sent him a tweet and messaged him on Facebook but I haven't heard back from him yet I'm actually looking to get a VIP experience for myself as well but I've got to talk to him about where it might be so that I can arrange things
Last edited by TremontiFan4Life on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

austin. wrote:If anyone has contacts to the band, someone should really help dude out. He’s a diehard and having to be in the back because he’s handicapped and “out of place” is such a shame. Dudes been on forums since I was a kid listening to Creed. Before even ABB I knew of this guy

I think alter bridge should stick him front row once a tour but maybe that’s just me. Hang in there man I will try to reach out rock on

What show you going to next buddy
I was actually going to go to both shows at the house of blues here in Orlando only do the meet and greet at one of course , I haven't seen the guys since 2014 the first show on the Fortress tour

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Well, I know and understand an organisation can not make exceptions for everybody asking for it.
On the other hand, Great fans must be sherished and special people do deserve special treatment.
So I do hope TT or someone else of the AB-team picks this up by making shure this great fan and friend gets the AB-experience he deserves.
That's how you show that you truly value your fanbase ! So why not ?

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

This probably isn't going to make much, if any sense at all but I'm not really looking for special treatment per se, I just want to be treated like everybody else, at least to the furthest extent that I can be. I don't think wanting to be able to see that big of a deal. With that said, I do appreciate the kind words from Austin but as much as I want to make sure that I am able to have an enjoyable time, at the same time I don't want to feel catered to or showcased if that makes any sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't want anyone to go way above and beyond and turn this into a "thing".

I'm not asking for anything that I'm not willing to pay for, I've got no problem doing that at all obviously. I would just prefer to be in my power chair versus a manual chair because it is the equivalent to walking for me when I'm in my power chair, I'm sitting higher I'm at more of a level with other people I can move myself around etc. etc. versus being in my manual chair I'm sitting way low to the ground and I always have the feeling of "aww look at him"

Of course it has crossed my mind because I know the layout of the house of blues down here and I know that they have kind of a little ramp going down into the pit where the stage is, so if I really wanted to be down there I could just be a huge dick to everyone and literally mow over them until I get to where I want to be I'm certainly not going to get hurt, and trust me no one will be able to move me without me wanting to be moved but how much of an asshole will that make me to other people?

The only thing I'm really looking to achieve is to be able to have a conversation with somebody involved in the band's management before I go ahead and buy everything because everything is nonrefundable, specifically the meet and greet so I'd like to make sure before I go ahead and buy one

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:This probably isn't going to make much, if any sense at all but I'm not really looking for special treatment per se, I just want to be treated like everybody else, at least to the furthest extent that I can be. I don't think wanting to be able to see that big of a deal. With that said, I do appreciate the kind words from Austin but as much as I want to make sure that I am able to have an enjoyable time, at the same time I don't want to feel catered to or showcased if that makes any sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't want anyone to go way above and beyond and turn this into a "thing".

I'm not asking for anything that I'm not willing to pay for, I've got no problem doing that at all obviously. I would just prefer to be in my power chair versus a manual chair because it is the equivalent to walking for me when I'm in my power chair, I'm sitting higher I'm at more of a level with other people I can move myself around etc. etc. versus being in my manual chair I'm sitting way low to the ground and I always have the feeling of "aww look at him"

Of course it has crossed my mind because I know the layout of the house of blues down here and I know that they have kind of a little ramp going down into the pit where the stage is, so if I really wanted to be down there I could just be a huge dick to everyone and literally mow over them until I get to where I want to be I'm certainly not going to get hurt, and trust me no one will be able to move me without me wanting to be moved but how much of an asshole will that make me to other people?

The only thing I'm really looking to achieve is to be able to have a conversation with somebody involved in the band's management before I go ahead and buy everything because everything is nonrefundable, specifically the meet and greet so I'd like to make sure before I go ahead and buy one
I hear you. A good friend of mine experienced a spinal injury at the age of 30, he says he's at his happiest when we all get together as we treat him like one of us. We just know him as our friend, the fact he's a wheelchair user now is incidental to us. He finds it tough going to gigs too, especially smaller venues. It generally works for him contacting these places directly (in the UK) as like you he doesn't expect front row or special treatment, just sight of the band. They're usually pretty understanding and do what they can.

I hope you get to enjoy this tour and I'm hoping too you are feeling a bit better now. Keep on keeping on, you're with friends here.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

MrsPog wrote:
TremontiFan4Life wrote:This probably isn't going to make much, if any sense at all but I'm not really looking for special treatment per se, I just want to be treated like everybody else, at least to the furthest extent that I can be. I don't think wanting to be able to see that big of a deal. With that said, I do appreciate the kind words from Austin but as much as I want to make sure that I am able to have an enjoyable time, at the same time I don't want to feel catered to or showcased if that makes any sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't want anyone to go way above and beyond and turn this into a "thing".

I hear you. A good friend of mine experienced a spinal injury at the age of 30, he says he's at his happiest when we all get together as we treat him like one of us. We just know him as our friend, the fact he's a wheelchair user now is incidental to us. He finds it tough going to gigs too, especially smaller venues. It generally works for him contacting these places directly (in the UK) as like you he doesn't expect front row or special treatment, just sight of the band. They're usually pretty understanding and do what they can.

I hope you get to enjoy this tour and I'm hoping too you are feeling a bit better now. Keep on keeping on, you're with friends here.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!! :hug

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Most venues should have handicap accessible areas even in standing room only I would hope. When I was looking for tickets yesterday I noticed a handicap section at the venue I was looking at even though it’s all standing room only. Maybe try contacting the venue in Orlando directly and asking about their handicap accessibility for concerts?
In my experience most venues either don't have a designated area or the designated area that they do have make you feel like they're just herding cattle into one spot. A good example would be when I went to the Myles solo show in December at the Beckham here in Orlando I took a friend with me because I had never been to the venue before, as it turns out they had absolutely no area for disabled people in fact I was the only disabled person there which I'm not complaining about it's kind of expected at this point and I ended up just hanging out all the way in the back in front of the bar staring at the backs of people all night catching an occasional glimpse of Myles when two people was separate long enough for me to be able to see something. Glad I was able to support Myles but it was the worst personal experience I have ever had.

I've been to the house of blues before, on the first show of the Fortress tour in 2014 when we were all there, all the diehards and even then where was I? All the way in the back. It is what it is I suppose. It just bums me out a little bit because of all the things I've been fortunate enough to do I haven't had a proper VIP experience with the guys yet and it would've been nice but I can't swing $475 to do it for two people. Anyway the person that would be coming with me isn't even really and Alter Bridge fan so wouldn't even care that much about the whole experience

I'm not interested in doing what everybody seems to do these days when things don't go their way and complain about it and make a big deal out of it. I still have time to say screw it and go anyway but I have to be in the right mood to make that decision and when I'm thinking clearly I know it's a bad one

One question I do have for anyone that has done the VIP experience, on the band's website it does say that we will be contacted the week of the show to be told where the meet and greet location would be, where is that generally in relation to the venue? Call me stupid but I just thought that it would be like backstage at the venue or something. I'm thinking if I can get enough information and arrange everything I can just do a VIP experience myself, save 50% and everything might still work out
I am a wheelchair user and I regularly go to gigs. To be honest, I'm not sure why you've spent so much time writing very long posts on this forum as opposed to just contacting the venue?

If you contact the venue you may just find that they have a viewing arena, in which case you are fine. I get that you can sometimes be herded in like cattle, but isn't that better than not going to gig at all? You'll probably have a better view than most people in the venue. I feel like sometimes you've just got to take what you can get. If it's any consolidation, gigs are often an uncomfortable situation for most people, standing shoulder to shoulder with drunk, smelly people.

Even if you have to stand at the back with a poor view (or no view at all), again, isn't that better than not attending at all?

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

I see your point. I had a little conversation with Tim and got my two main questions answered, so I'll definitely be there. The main question really was about the meet and greet and if it would be at a different location than the show itself but it actually takes place on site, and they have an elevator there, so I'm getting my ticket I'm getting my VIP experience and I'm going to have the best damn time that I've had in a really long time all the way down in front, first time in 12 years and I don't know how many more times I will be able to go to shows so I'm damn sure making the best of it Rock on :rockon :headbang

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Don't get me wrong I've been to shows before were I've been in the back and generally I don't have a problem with it because you're usually elevated enough that you can still see something and feel like you're a part of the show, it was that way when I saw Godsmack and Alter Bridge together in 2008 and it was still amazing I didn't have any problem at all. The worst experience I have ever had was seeing Myles in 2018. I was in my manual chair unable to move unable to get into the show at all and I was sitting so low to the ground I felt like I was a baby in a stroller, not a good feeling. In that case seriously, nothing to do with Myles performance but I wish I stayed home. When I go to a show, I like to feel that I am at least a part it of with everyone else, I get as involved as I can, I may be in a wheelchair but I don't let it stop me, I stand up for the longest periods that I can, of course I've got my power chair behind me so I'm not going to fall down, but I rock the fuck out, and by the end of the night I'm just as sweaty and smelly as everyone else. I just wanted to make sure that if I bought the meet and greet VIP experience that I would be able to get to it, that was the only thing that was ever in question. When you go to a show have the best damn time you possibly can, these guys are more than a band to me, there like breathing. I might not be able to travel to different cities to see them but when I have the chance I make the best of it.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

So I just bought my tickets for Thursday 10/24 and Friday 10/25. I also got the meet and greet VIP experience for Thursday 10/24. The interesting thing is that it tells you that it is a guest list item and nothing will be mailed to you, yet I got charged $11.25 shipping for the VIP experience, that's odd

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

That is pretty odd. The VIP Album Listening Party was $250.00 and was a straight up price. No fees or shipping costs whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is that they are going to mail you something after the show is over and the nothing will be mailed to you prior to it?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I usually have wonderful experiences with their management so it's cool

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

I just wonder what the extra $11 was for. I'm still in a state of disbelief that I've done everything I have done. I have no idea what compelled me to do it but this is the most I have put out for any Alter Bridge album cycle. I've never done a VIP experience at all ever, so I think it will really be something special. I never get out, literally, the last time I did anything "fun" was the first night of the Fortress tour back in 2013. Since then I haven't left the house for anything other than a doctors appointment. That's why I said earlier that these guys are more than just a band to me, they are quite honestly the last group of people that bring me any joy. So this time around I just thought fuck it. I'm getting everything and doing everything I want to do, this could be the last time I get to have the opportunity to do it. Diehard bundle, limited-edition gold and silver vinyl with the etching the hoodie and now I get to have my picture taken with them. I mean I've met them before always at the back of the gig and only Mark and Myles but have to something with all of them is really something I'll never forget and to be able to spend two nights around people that I actually have things in common with is something I'm not used to. The last couple years I have been taking care of my ailing grandmother who will be 92 in December. It's a very isolating experience because I can't really go anywhere or do anything as she is having memory problems. So October can't get here fast enough. October 24 is the day after what would've been my father's 63rd birthday my birthday is at the end of November also, so I told myself this was my birthday and Christmas present to do all this and I can't fucking wait for it

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

I'm a complete idiot, I went back and reread everything that is included in the VIP experience and it clearly states that you get a copy of the album that is what the shipping cost is for. I really do feel like a blithering idiot.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, well. There you go. Now you have like pre-ordered 5 copies of the album.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

yeah really Plus the poster from the meet and greet that I'm going to frame, the vinyl that I'm going to frame and I've got other autographed stuff that I'm going to put up also in one big frame, all of the CD booklets that I have which are signed Tremonti Zakk Wylde Steve Perry. By the way I don't know if you can get more eclectic than that from Tremonti Zakk Wylde Alter Bridge Myles Kennedy all the way to Steve Perry. I'm running out of wall space as it is, after this album cycle my entire house will be covered in memorabilia

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

anguyen92 wrote:That is pretty odd. The VIP Album Listening Party was $250.00 and was a straight up price. No fees or shipping costs whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is that they are going to mail you something after the show is over and the nothing will be mailed to you prior to it?
The CD is included in the M&G - folks getting the M&G before the album is out we will ship them the album.

https://alterbridge.com/products/alter- ... t-greet-us