AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Postby RevenantGB » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:07 am

Perfect 10/10 review for Walk the Sky: http://rocknloadmag.com/news/alter-brid ... um-review/
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Postby gbruin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:16 pm

RikJohannsen wrote:Myles playing more and more NON-PRS guitars!

This one's a EVH i believe!?

Pretty interesting to see Myles with another guitar, and especially, THAT guitar.

Tim mentioned recently that PRS wouldn't do a MK signature model, so I'm glad that he's playing other guitars now. He has such an interesting ear for guitar tones and the feelings/emotions that go with them. I think this will really up his creativity and expression.

Also, there are plenty of rumors that EVH's cancer has returned and that he's pretty sick. Mark likely keeps in touch with Wolfie and probably knows what's up, so this may be an sadly intentional tribute as well.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Postby RevenantGB » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:36 pm

If that's the case then I'd love to see Myles branch out and experiment. He seems to really enjoy playing Telecasters, enough to try them out in an AB setting despite the single-coils.

It'll still feel strange for a while seeing him perform without a PRS though..
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Postby LosingPatience » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:40 pm

gbruin wrote:

Pretty interesting to see Myles with another guitar, and especially, THAT guitar.

Tim mentioned recently that PRS wouldn't do a MK signature model, so I'm glad that he's playing other guitars now. He has such an interesting ear for guitar tones and the feelings/emotions that go with them. I think this will really up his creativity and expression.

Also, there are plenty of rumors that EVH's cancer has returned and that he's pretty sick. Mark likely keeps in touch with Wolfie and probably knows what's up, so this may be an sadly intentional tribute as well.

Yeah really sounds like EVH is in his last days which is super sad, absolute guitar legend my fav of all time. Not just his tricks but his killer tone and groove are unmatched imo

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Postby ToNsOFuN88 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:48 pm

LosingPatience wrote:
gbruin wrote:

Yeah really sounds like EVH is in his last days which is super sad, absolute guitar legend my fav of all time. Not just his tricks but his killer tone and groove are unmatched imo

EVH is the whole reason I started playing guitar. I heard Eruption and wanted to learn how to play it. Eddie got me into it. Mark made me want to get better. I loved Mark's style and wanted to get on that level. It was super awesome for me that they had a close connection, with Wolfie in Tremonti and all the other stuff. Hope everything turns out ok for him.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Postby LosingPatience » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:16 am

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:
gbruin wrote:

EVH is the whole reason I started playing guitar. I heard Eruption and wanted to learn how to play it. Eddie got me into it. Mark made me want to get better. I loved Mark's style and wanted to get on that level. It was super awesome for me that they had a close connection, with Wolfie in Tremonti and all the other stuff. Hope everything turns out ok for him.

I remember exactly where i was when i heard Eruption for the first time, that and Spanish Fly . Nothing has topped that experience for me ,blew me away.

Marshall
TABN.com Citizen

Postby Marshall » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:27 am

Full concert @ StarFM Berlin:

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Postby Torsten » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:51 am

An open race on the album chart, with James Arthur's YOU, Foals' Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 2 and Alter Bridge's Walk The Sky in contention for #1.

Top 100 Albums

1 Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost, Pt. 2 (10.7k) *
2 James Arthur - You (10.1k) *
3 Alter Bridge - Walk the Sky (8.1k) *
4 YUNGBLUD - The Underrated Youth (5.5k) *
5 Daniel O'Donnell - Halfway to Paradise (4.4k) *

U.K. MIDWEEKS: A BATTLE FOR #1

New albums from Foals and James Arthur are duking it out for the top slot on the U.K. Official Albums Chart. Meanwhile, Tones and I’s “Dance Monkey” (Parlophone) is pacing ahead of the competition and is set for a fourth week at #1 at singles.

Foals’ sixth studio album Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost – Part 2 (Warner) is less than 600 chart sales ahead of Arthur’s third full-length, You (SYCO). If Foals, holds on it will their first #1; James, who has the lead on digital downloads, topped the chart in 2016.

Napalm’s Alter Bridge could match their career peak if Walk The Sky holds at #3. The Underrated Youth from Interscope’s Yungblud is #4 and Daniel O’Donnell’s Halfway To Paradise (DMGTV), is #5; it would be his 39th Top 40 album.

Return to “Alter Bridge”