AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Whitebird »

Timotheus wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:44 am I think WTS was a really brave album for them to do. And I think the songs on the album that have the most experimentation are fantastic. Pay No Mind, Godspeed and Dying Light for example.

I just wish it was more focused. There are a bunch of songs on there I don't care about and those all sound like "AB on autopilot" songs.
Exactly my thoughts.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I will say, it feels like ABIII, Fortress, TLH, all had some sort of overarching theme within the album. WTS was a bit more of "here's a hodgepodge of songs we wrote." But every one of those songs is fantastic!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

TenaciousBe wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:22 pm I will say, it feels like ABIII, Fortress, TLH, all had some sort of overarching theme within the album. WTS was a bit more of "here's a hodgepodge of songs we wrote." But every one of those songs is fantastic!
Actually, I think Walk The Sky does have a theme for its songs. "Eternal life" and "feel good" vibes. Some songs don't fit the mold, though: Native Son, Indoctrination, Pay No Mind, and Forever Falling.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

RnFnHomer
Brand New Start

Post by RnFnHomer »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:38 am
TenaciousBe wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:44 pm Man, in retrospect, Walk The Sky seems to get SO much flack from the AB fanbase for being too poppy, for the production sucking, etc., and I just DON'T get it. I don't like ranking the albums, but I have to put WTS near the top of my list. I can put this album on, and it's just one banger of a song after another. I love it!
It's strange. It's a bit indefinable for me. I do like it a lot as an album but it just doesn't rank anywhere near the top. That's more a comment on the quality of the first 4 albums than anything else though. Production-wise I think it's dragged down a little by being peak AB layers/overdub madness.

I think it sort of lacks that real highlight track that makes it as notable as others. The title tracks on the previous 4 albums (or Words Darker in AB3's case) are standouts that sort of define the other albums. Walking on the Sky is a fantastic song but it isn't quite on the same level.
I had the very same experience than Tenacious with WTS...the exact same one. I play that album A LOT actually

I've read most of the thread (as well as others), and all of the sudden...an epiphany...You guys are experts!!. And i mean it in a good way of course since one can actually learn something here. You guys know about production, licking, if the chorus was right, if the riff was good, if the solo had consistency...Things that i know exists, but in my inexperience i just can't see. So what i'm saying is that experience makes you see the songs through a microscope rather than enjoy them

Have you ever spoke to an expert about something else that you love?...anything other than music...Do you remember how that went?

My youngest was born with a heart condition (he's ok now), my wife and i were listening the surgeon as he explained the procedure and we were sweating...but for the doctor it was monday at 10:00AM

I'm new here, AB fan since 2011, i was made a fan thanks to dear friend, but what really got me hooked were the lyrics. So i'm here for the message and the melody :shrug ...and in that regard, WTS is quite the ride...and it's fantastic :peace

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Andy92 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:57 pm Walk The Sky is a record I enjoyed more at the time it released. It was better than The Last Hero and reminded me of some of the material on AB III, so I enjoy it for the most part.

It didn’t really stay in my rotation after Marching In Time was released though. And now that Pawns and Kings is out, that record has a much better production sound when you compare the two. Pawns and Kings would’ve been a great follow up album to Fortress. Glad we’re getting it now.
I feel the same. Most of The Last Hero and Walk The Sky have dropped out of my rotation now that Pawns & Kings exists.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs