AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:Show Me A Moose.
Show me a leader who won’t compromoose.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

Andy92 wrote:
Don't remember if I ever posted this before, but this is as good a time as any :lol

I wonder if they'll have a new mascot for this album...
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Nick_917 wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
Don't remember if I ever posted this before, but this is as good a time as any :lol

This is the best kept secret of this website. I have never seen this. :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I recall back in an interview from Brian when he briefly talked about Blackbird being 10 years old on how people really dig the cover where you would see plenty of fans have tattoos of the bird and how it would be a bit awkward from a visual perspective if fans have the hero tattooed from The Last Hero cover. If a moose was on the cover instead, you think fans would have a moose being tattooed on themselves?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Oh Canada

Post by Andy92 »

anguyen92 wrote:I recall back in an interview from Brian when he briefly talked about Blackbird being 10 years old on how people really dig the cover where you would see plenty of fans have tattoos of the bird and how it would be a bit awkward from a visual perspective if fans have the hero tattooed from The Last Hero cover. If a moose was on the cover instead, you think fans would have a moose being tattooed on themselves?
Shea and NytestrykerZ would.

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

Andy92 wrote: This is the best kept secret of this website. I have never seen this. :lol
Hahaha. Yeah I think I simply forgot to post it the first time the moose was all the rage, so I had to jump on the opportunity this time.
anguyen92 wrote:I recall back in an interview from Brian when he briefly talked about Blackbird being 10 years old on how people really dig the cover where you would see plenty of fans have tattoos of the bird and how it would be a bit awkward from a visual perspective if fans have the hero tattooed from The Last Hero cover. If a moose was on the cover instead, you think fans would have a moose being tattooed on themselves?
That's an interesting point actually. The Blackbird art basically became a symbol for the band. It's cool when album covers can have that kind of meaning to people. I'm looking forward to the next album's cover and/or name. I don't remember when TLH's came out in relation to the release date, but I know it wasn't very well received.
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Nick_917 wrote:
Andy92 wrote:

I don't know what this whole moose thing is about, since I apparently missed the initial craze, but this is amazing!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I assure you that you are probably a better overall person for missing it

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

MK just posted on his IG that he is recording his final vocal of the record today. That was fast...

So how long to pre-pro, and record? One month?
Last edited by AB4Lyfe on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Hard to believe the album is almost done. So hyped!
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Looks like when they got in for pre-production was in mid-March. They started recording in early April. We are now in end of April. So 1.5 months to get everything done and recorded and ready to be mixed.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Best TABN Site Meme Graphical Adaptation of AB Album Art (BTABNSMGAoABAA)

Post by gbruin »

Nick_917 wrote:
Andy92 wrote:

This is brilliant. Jim should resurrect the TABN awards for this one alone.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Think this must be the fewest updates we've ever got through the recording process? Mike is missed.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Think this must be the fewest updates we've ever got through the recording process? Mike is missed.
Not even a mention of a magnum opus, magical journey's, or epics to be found :headscratch And barely any studio pics of them. Sure makes for a mysterious record. I have no idea what to expect :lol Probably wont know more until the LP or the day of the first single either :/

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Part of me wouldn't mind them just releasing the album out of nowhere. I know it won't happen, but just imagine the explosion on here if they just released the new album earlier in August/September without announcing it. I for one think it would be really awesome/unique. Looking for a single by late July like from the last album!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

My hope... is that the lack of promotion so far is just because. No reason behind it. Rather than not promoting it because it sucks or because they’re tired of doing AB.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

AB4Lyfe wrote:My hope... is that the lack of promotion so far is just because. No reason behind it. Rather than not promoting it because it sucks or because they’re tired of doing AB.
It's still too early to start promoting. If October is the release target we're obviously 5 months out. You can't promote at the start of May/late April for an album that, I'm sure, doesn't have everything finalized yet ( song titles, album name etc.). They did those promotional bundles in March but that's about as much as you can do at this point. I believe mid/late June will be the album "reveal" with album name, song titles, and July we'll see the first single. I also thing the tours they have with their other projects will coordinate the scheduling of promoting as well. No need to worry about them being tired of AB! Definitely not true, I believe Mark, Scott, and Brian from previous experience (Creed) would not produce another AB record if everyone was not into it rather than half-ass something. Especially with Mark and his band. These songs have mostly been written since The Last Hero tour. This doesn't include sending song ideas via phone, audio file, etc.. I'm sure the guys also met up during their breaks and hashed out ideas as well, but just wasn't posted on social media. However, my only worry is...how many albums to these guys have let in them?? Could this be it? One more?? Hoping for at least 2 more from these guys!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Can't snapshot Tweet, but AB announced it this morning. Listening Party will be on September 17th. One day after the Breaking Benjamin concert in Irvine. Am I mad that I want to do both and try to catch an early flight to Orlando early on September 17th? Yes, yes I do. This is going to be a fun summer. Lots of concerts, lots of good bands, lots of good times and AB will be the last thing to cap this summer and I don't see it any other way since the AB listening party will be the best thing for me in this summer.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

JGremore wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:My hope... is that the lack of promotion so far is just because. No reason behind it. Rather than not promoting it because it sucks or because they’re tired of doing AB.
It's still too early to start promoting. If October is the release target we're obviously 5 months out. You can't promote at the start of May/late April for an album that, I'm sure, doesn't have everything finalized yet ( song titles, album name etc.). They did those promotional bundles in March but that's about as much as you can do at this point. I believe mid/late June will be the album "reveal" with album name, song titles, and July we'll see the first single. I also thing the tours they have with their other projects will coordinate the scheduling of promoting as well. No need to worry about them being tired of AB! Definitely not true, I believe Mark, Scott, and Brian from previous experience (Creed) would not produce another AB record if everyone was not into it rather than half-ass something. Especially with Mark and his band. These songs have mostly been written since The Last Hero tour. This doesn't include sending song ideas via phone, audio file, etc.. I'm sure the guys also met up during their breaks and hashed out ideas as well, but just wasn't posted on social media. However, my only worry is...how many albums to these guys have let in them?? Could this be it? One more?? Hoping for at least 2 more from these guys!
I’m not talking about promotion like magazine articles, interviews, etc. I’m talking about the individual band members using social media, or the band utilizing studio updates, things like that.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I’m not talking about promotion like magazine articles, interviews, etc. I’m talking about the individual band members using social media, or the band utilizing studio updates, things like that.
If they're touring, they won't want to do much that interviews with that cycle of their promotions. For example, we didn't see the big marketing run for Avengers: Endgame until after Captain Marvel released in theaters.