AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
UninvitedZero
Isolated

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by UninvitedZero »

In The Deep almost sounds to me like an Alter Bridge & The Conspirators collaboration. I love the verses! The chorus riff reminds me of The Other Side a little bit. The bridge is all Slash to my ears. Could've used more of a solo than just that outro.

I think it'll be a grower. Maybe not my favorite on the new record but it's alright!

Bring on the rest of it!

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

RevenantGB wrote:I'm afraid to say this is the first time I've felt disappointed in a new AB song. The intro and verses are unbelievably good, but the chorus just does not fit at all. I'm going to struggle to articulate this, but I expected the chorus to have an atmospheric quality and an "open" sound that matched the bittersweet tone of the verse, which it simply does not have.

The chorus feels like it belongs in another song, the vocal melody doesn't compliment what came before and to me the transition felt really jarring. Don't get me wrong though, I'm obviously hoping it's a grower.
See lol.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
RevenantGB wrote:I'm afraid to say this is the first time I've felt disappointed in a new AB song. The intro and verses are unbelievably good, but the chorus just does not fit at all. I'm going to struggle to articulate this, but I expected the chorus to have an atmospheric quality and an "open" sound that matched the bittersweet tone of the verse, which it simply does not have.

The chorus feels like it belongs in another song, the vocal melody doesn't compliment what came before and to me the transition felt really jarring. Don't get me wrong though, I'm obviously hoping it's a grower.
See lol.
Hardly fair, I think this might be the first time I've ever negatively responded to a new release, and even then I loved parts of the song.

As for the new sound I think it's a great development and am really enjoying the experimentation. Please leave me out of the "I hate everything Alter Bridge do" trope.
Last edited by RevenantGB on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

RevenantGB wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:

See lol.
Hardly fair, I think this might be the first time I've ever negatively responded to a new release (and even then I loved parts of the song).
Naw man you're entitled to your opinion. That wasn't a dig at you. I'm just saying inv response to the other comments. There is going to be alot of people that don't like it.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Sucks for me to say, but even though I’ve liked some things about the four songs we’ve heard so far, the overall feeling I’m getting is that the guys were so busy with their other projects that they got together, said ‘Fuck it, here’s some stuff we can piece together real quick and tour off of. Ok cool we’re done.’

Maybe the other ten tracks will prove me wrong, but for the first time as a fan I am not optimistic.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

This new track is weird, it doesn't sound like AB at all. And yeah, the chorus doesn't fit.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Is this a Mark or Myles song? Sounds all Kennedy to me. And I'm wondering the guitar tuning... Sounds like Drop A#

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:Heard new song and the responce is not going to be good
I completely disagree, respectfully. This is the most dynamic of the bunch so far in my opinion. It's way more interesting to me than the other tracks, musically speaking.
Oh no I agree with both of you. The song is awesome. Another refreshing sound we haven't really heard from AB. I just know how people are on here. There is going to be complaints.
Oh, gotcha. All good!

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

God, the riff after the intro should have stayed as the verse, it could've been a good song but idk...

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

UninvitedZero wrote:Is this a Mark or Myles song? Sounds all Kennedy to me. And I'm wondering the guitar tuning... Sounds like Drop A#
Honestly sounds all Mark to me! At least the Chorus, Verse and Bridge. Pre chorus and intro sounds Kennedy

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

With what I’ve heard so far, the shorter on average track lengths are starting to worry me. Shorter songs, combined with rushed/bad mixing is not a good sign. I hand waved it away before, but this band thrives on 5+ minute songs. Add all of this together and it feels like Alter Bridge is now the side project.

Like I said, I’ll be extremely happy to be proven wrong in October when the other ten tracks drop.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Let's not loose hope cuz Pay no Mind is, at least in my opinion, one of their best shorter song. If the album is filled with songs like that one, and island of fools style like of songs, mixed with great emotional song and a great closer (Dying Light), the album is going to be fine

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I like Pay No Mind, and Take the Crown is pretty cool.

I’m still looking forward to Forever Falling, Dying Light, Godspeed, and Clear Horizon, so there’s still hope.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Yeah, to me Pay No Mind it's by far the best out of the four songs but god, this new song really turn me off, I hate the fact that I'm hearing an Slash song on the verses

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Yeah, it's worth noting that I'm still immensely excited and haven't lost hope for the album as a whole. I love both Take the Crown and Pay no Mind (Wouldn't You Rather isn't bad either). It seems to be an unspoken rule for Alter Bridge that the singles never showcase the best material.

Having said that, it doesn't help to alleviate how I feel about In The Deep's chorus. Such a missed opportunity.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Blackbirddd wrote:Yeah, to me Pay No Mind it's by far the best out of the four songs but god, this new song really turn me off, I hate the fact that I'm hearing an Slash song on the verses
I love the verse and pre chorus haha.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Eh sounds to much like a Slash song for me. I was really excited to hear this one after it was supposedly one of the best songs from that one review.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

I don't get the "sounds like slash"! To me it sounds like a Tremonti songs for the chorus riff and bridge. And sounds like AB on verse and pre chorus

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Fav song of the 4. Love the subtle Breaking Benjamin vibes between verses. Been waiting for them to ease of the accelerator with the heaviness and give us something that we can just listen to that's a little bit more simple, easier on the ears.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

DarkKnight12 wrote:I don't get the "sounds like slash"! To me it sounds like a Tremonti songs for the chorus riff and bridge. And sounds like AB on verse and pre chorus
Chorus kind of reminds me Motley Crue.