AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
UninvitedZero
Isolated

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by UninvitedZero »

Kreuger wrote:
UninvitedZero wrote:Wouldn't You Rather isn't that great for acoustic guitars. The lighter strings make that down-tuned riff sound really flappy...
I think I'm in the minority here, but none of their heavier songs have translated well to acoustic.
I'm with you there. Show Me A Leader and Addicted To Pain were the same way...

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

UninvitedZero wrote:
Kreuger wrote:
UninvitedZero wrote:Wouldn't You Rather isn't that great for acoustic guitars. The lighter strings make that down-tuned riff sound really flappy...
I think I'm in the minority here, but none of their heavier songs have translated well to acoustic.
I'm with you there. Show Me A Leader and Addicted To Pain were the same way...
I agree with you on SMAL and WYR, but I think the ATP acoustic version is dope :rockon

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vGKUUtFocM)

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
nagpo wrote:When is the next AB single coming out?
Should be this upcoming Friday, I hope.
Hopefully soon. Take The Crown has been floating on the internet for days, they should put it out ASAP.

All I will say is that I like it way more than the first two songs, and I think some people might be pleasantly surprised by certain parts of it!

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

peapod0609 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Hopefully soon. Take The Crown has been floating on the internet for days, they should put it out ASAP.

All I will say is that I like it way more than the first two songs, and I think some people might be pleasantly surprised by certain parts of it!
Twiddling thumbs waiting to talk about it :X

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

TheEndisHere wrote:
peapod0609 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Twiddling thumbs waiting to talk about it :X
Same...I really want to discuss it, but apparently that's forbidden here lol.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

*looks around for mods*
For all of the hope that it brings...

Sugar Blade
Bought The CDs

Post by Sugar Blade »

Does anyone listened to this broadcast?
https://twitter.com/siriusxmvolume/stat ... 9661310976

Is there anything new or interesting?

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Sugar Blade wrote:Does anyone listened to this broadcast?

Not really a ballad on the record. Myles and Mark were both on the same page with the synth elements from the start and Myles got some of his inspiration for that from Stranger Things. That’s kind of it.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

joshuabeau wrote:
Sugar Blade wrote:Does anyone listened to this broadcast?

Not really a ballad on the record. Myles and Mark were both on the same page with the synth elements from the start and Myles got some of his inspiration for that from Stranger Things. That’s kind of it.

One epic moody in style, no ballad , one radio song, not getting my hopes up for this album sounds generic

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

peapod0609 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Can already guess the complaints, mixing , does Myles sound like on the Slash album rah rah

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

No ballad ? Well that’s extremely disappointing for me :(

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I'm happy with the no-ballad thing, after AB III ballads where pretty boring IMO.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

TLH didn’t have a ballad.. I hoped we would get one on this album

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

TLH had "You will be remembered", which ironically was forgettable. I was hoping for a good ballad as IMHO my favorite songs from the last SMKC and Tremonti albums were the ballads ("The One you loved is gone" & "The First The Last"). I am wondering how Mark & Myles define ballad, like do songs "Cradle to the Grave" or "Broken Wings" count, or just the "In Loving Memory", "Wonderful Life", "Life Must Go" , "All Ends Well" & "Watch over you"s?

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

TheEndisHere wrote:TLH had "You will be remembered", which ironically was forgettable. I was hoping for a good ballad as IMHO my favorite songs from the last SMKC and Tremonti albums were the ballads ("The One you loved is gone" & "The First The Last"). I am wondering how Mark & Myles define ballad, like do songs "Cradle to the Grave" or "Broken Wings" count, or just the "In Loving Memory", "Wonderful Life", "Life Must Go" , "All Ends Well" & "Watch over you"s?
It's one of the most forgettable songs they've written. I can't even think of what the song sounds like at the moment.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

TheEndisHere wrote:TLH had "You will be remembered", which ironically was forgettable. I was hoping for a good ballad as IMHO my favorite songs from the last SMKC and Tremonti albums were the ballads ("The One you loved is gone" & "The First The Last"). I am wondering how Mark & Myles define ballad, like do songs "Cradle to the Grave" or "Broken Wings" count, or just the "In Loving Memory", "Wonderful Life", "Life Must Go" , "All Ends Well" & "Watch over you"s?
100%. I gag a bit whenever I hear them say "ya uh we wanted our new album to sound more progressive and metal."

I get it. Some fans, maybe even most fans, dig that. I don't at all. I will always maintain that ODR and BB were their 2 best albums and none of the others have come remotely close to me.

Worst part is, even You Will Be Remembered, the most ballady ballad of all ballads on TLH, was totally forgettable and a bit cheesy.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

VigilantSteve wrote:
It's one of the most forgettable songs they've written. I can't even think of what the song sounds like at the moment.

Thought it was fantastic and personally prefer it to Wonderful Life. Best things abut AB ballads is Myles usually gets his chance to shine since their songs no longer breathe anymore . So im betting he gets none of those moments on this album which is sounding worse everytime i hear something about it. Not sure if they get the fans at all

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

LosingPatience wrote:Not sure if they get the fans at all
But, but, but, but I thought for them be proper musicians that they have to create and produce songs for themselves first and then fans second........ :rolleyes

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Take The Crown. Buried in the deepest recesses of the interweb...

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Pay No Mind it's still the best song yet :cheers to me.