AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by JGremore »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
JGremore wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:My hope... is that the lack of promotion so far is just because. No reason behind it. Rather than not promoting it because it sucks or because they’re tired of doing AB.
It's still too early to start promoting. If October is the release target we're obviously 5 months out. You can't promote at the start of May/late April for an album that, I'm sure, doesn't have everything finalized yet ( song titles, album name etc.). They did those promotional bundles in March but that's about as much as you can do at this point. I believe mid/late June will be the album "reveal" with album name, song titles, and July we'll see the first single. I also thing the tours they have with their other projects will coordinate the scheduling of promoting as well. No need to worry about them being tired of AB! Definitely not true, I believe Mark, Scott, and Brian from previous experience (Creed) would not produce another AB record if everyone was not into it rather than half-ass something. Especially with Mark and his band. These songs have mostly been written since The Last Hero tour. This doesn't include sending song ideas via phone, audio file, etc.. I'm sure the guys also met up during their breaks and hashed out ideas as well, but just wasn't posted on social media. However, my only worry is...how many albums to these guys have let in them?? Could this be it? One more?? Hoping for at least 2 more from these guys!
I’m not talking about promotion like magazine articles, interviews, etc. I’m talking about the individual band members using social media, or the band utilizing studio updates, things like that.
Ahhh right on, right on. I don't remember them posting as many pictures and stuff from the last hero like this one. I could be wrong! I would definitely like to have seen more video updates but I'll take what I can get. I am appreciative they did give us some photos though. I do remember back in the MySpace days for ABIII they would release bulletins that updated the studio time with the band. Those were awesome.

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

Going back on how fast the record has been recorded. I would like to remind you all that NEVER MIND of Nirvana was recorded and produced in 16 days

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

claudiocc wrote:Going back on how fast the record has been recorded. I would like to remind you all that NEVER MIND of Nirvana was recorded and produced in 16 days
Yeah, but Nirvana also had amuch more smiplistic approach when it comes to songwriting.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Maybe they've stripped it down and are putting out an acoustic album.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Kreuger wrote:Maybe they've stripped it down and are putting out an acoustic album.
Considering we saw pictures of them recording with electric guitars, I'm going to say that is extremely unlikely.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Could be smooth jazz with the electrics just in there for sweet vibes for all we know, we know there are 14 tracks recorded but not much else.
For all of the hope that it brings...

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Winter release? For an album recorded at the very beginning of spring?? Don’t get that. July/August unless the vibe is cold and dark and not really sunny summery

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I'm pretty sure they've said October or November release.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

^^^yeah that’s the usual formula.

It’d be nice to get outside of the usual formula, though.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

They need enough time for Elvis to fuck up the sound.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:They need enough time for Elvis to fuck up the sound.
Merging together 4 layers of Myles' vocals with 2 back up vocal layers of Tremonti and 239 guitar tracks is pure art. You guys have to realize it finally.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mr. Slash wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:They need enough time for Elvis to fuck up the sound.
Merging together 4 layers of Myles' vocals with 2 back up vocal layers of Tremonti and 239 guitar tracks is pure art. You guys have to realize it finally.
And the bass and the drums only get one layer each :(

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

MidnightToker wrote:Considering we saw pictures of them recording with electric guitars, I'm going to say that is extremely unlikely.
It was just a joke.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

From Mark.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxTnjjsACBA ... evojb8mn8r
Tracking for AB 6 is now 100% finished! Mixing starts very soon, can’t wait to share these songs with all of you.....
#alterbridge

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote:From Mark.

Tracking for AB 6 is now 100% finished! Mixing starts very soon, can’t wait to share these songs with all of you.....
#alterbridge
The first track doenst have Xs on the vocals...instrumental opener? :eek Im expecting Found 2.0 though nothing like Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad for some reason.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Cool, Neat, and Super?

Post by gbruin »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

#alterbridge
The first track doenst have Xs on the vocals...instrumental opener? :eek Im expecting Found 2.0 though nothing like Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad for some reason.
In the solo column, what do you suppose the C, N, and S mean?

Also, look at that entire column of clean/acoustic guitar. Every song. I sure would love to hear that old clean tone again from Mark.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

#alterbridge
Yup! Looks like an instrumental :)

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I'm hoping it's not as much an album prologue so much as it is a prologue for track #2. I love songs that have prologue openers. Like, in that if you wanted to, you could blend them both in one song very seamlessly (in this case, it would be like if Calm the Fire was split with its intro and the rest of the song, or if Show Me A Leader's intro was its "own track"... something like that).

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

Looks like they had a little trouble with the title for track #10. "The First Hero... no, One Week Remains... nah..." :lol

In all seriousness, it's so satisfying when they finally show the completed white board picture. Getting closer and closer! Interesting to see there might be an instrumental, and without a solo too. Curious to know what the other letters mean as well.
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Board!
gbruin wrote: In the solo column, what do you suppose the C, N, and S mean?

Also, look at that entire column of clean/acoustic guitar. Every song. I sure would love to hear that old clean tone again from Mark.
C = complete, NS = no solo.

Not much to go on song title wise, can see what might be "-natica" in the 9th one down?

Hard to tell how many Myles solos...but looks like there could potentially be a couple with Tremonti lead vox? But could just be that they couldn't be bothered to put a "B" after the T.

Throw us a bone on the titles dammit Maaaark.
For all of the hope that it brings...