AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Blackbirddd »

Marshall wrote:EDIT:

What a pussy, grow the fuck up :facepalm

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Blackbirddd wrote:What a pussy, grow the fuck up :facepalm
Is it a harsh reaction to something like this? Yep. Your reaction to his reaction isn't any better. Then again, we're not the manager for a band that's built its backs on making great music and established a loyal community of a fanbase.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

anguyen92 wrote:
Is it a harsh reaction to something like this? Yep. Your reaction to his reaction isn't any better. Then again, we're not the manager for a band that's built its backs on making great music and established a loyal community of a fanbase.
I know, but it's not the first time that Tim has this divaish reaction about something. He has serious issues about his temperament and he doesn't even know how to properly react about things, so it's just me getting tired of him.

Also, working almost a year on the title of the album and the (until now) cover of the album? We all know how the guys work, they meet in January, they start composing and then they work on lyrics and everything else, so he is telling us that the album cover/title was made before even knowing the concept of the album? Come on...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I agree with the thought that it’s 2019, leaks happen. It shouldn’t happen, but it does. As Timo stated you just need to be prepared for it. Be pissed off, in your own time. Anything Tim says about a leak (past or present, positive or negative) is a representation of not only him, but the band as well.

My personal thoughts on the matter: a couple of tour dates got leaked, as well as the album name and release date. It’s not like we got a track list, or the music itself was leaked. It sucks for the band this leak happened, but it could have been a lot worse.

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

Timotheus wrote:I get that it's annoying, but it's 2019... If you're managing a band you should be prepared to properly deal with leaks.

If you don't have an emergency iTunes link ready in case the album leaks a few weeks ahead of the advertised release date, you're not managing the band to their advantage.

Same thing here. The moment this got out they should've made it official. Possible with some extra information to overshadow the leak.

But instead of giving it a positive twist and feeding the hype, it gets turned into something negative.
I wholeheartedly agree. I think you have to expect that this thing can happen in the age of the internet and smart phones everywhere.

You definitely have to have something ready to go to overshadow the leak, as you said.

It isn't good marketing to just piss and moan about it. It's unfortunate, but it isn't professional, nor is it helpful.

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I agree with the thought that it’s 2019, leaks happen. It shouldn’t happen, but it does. As Timo stated you just need to be prepared for it. Be pissed off, in your own time. Anything Tim says about a leak (past or present, positive or negative) is a representation of not only him, but the band as well.

My personal thoughts on the matter: a couple of tour dates got leaked, as well as the album name and release date. It’s not like we got a track list, or the music itself was leaked. It sucks for the band this leak happened, but it could have been a lot worse.
I agree with this as well. This isn't like the album leaked months early. This was a UK tour with an album name and release date, and possible artwork. It's still annoying, but come on.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I get it with tempers flaring when something got leaked beyond your control (and bands and associates of bands should have that right to dictate when information should be initially released) especially since bands doesn't look like they have much control of anything when information gets out nowadays. That stated, as others mentioned, there should always be a plan to overshadow the leak to get people to be more positive about the album announcements. It's like in the last few days, we were all overwhelmed with joy with the lyric teasers, album title, UK tour, and possible artwork. I mean it would be awesome if the band got it announced the way they intended, but something like this could have handled better (especially, when UK tour announcements for bands is always going to be leaked around Download Festival).

Of course, I think none of this would have been a bigger issue if they just announced it earlier like a week before Download. Oddly enough, if the headliners for the Download Festival got leaked like two weeks before Live Nation wanted to announce it, Andy Copping (whom AB respects as well and namedropped him at the Royal Albert Hall DVD), the head guy for Download that organizes it would probably throw a similar fit as well.

As others stated, reacting in the manner that one would do, negatively, when something does get leak doesn't look good in terms of public perception of you or the band (who has more of a reputation for being more mild-mannered, especially in light of all the adversity they had face in the 15 years they've been a band).

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Ugh, great to log on and see fans are being moaned at for being fans again.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

One Drew Remains wrote:Wow. I understand TT's frustration. But that tweet isn't very professional. If I were the band, I wouldn't be happy about either.
Was this even a Tweet or a private message? I can't find it on his Twitter-feed.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ubik wrote:Ugh, great to log on and see fans are being moaned at for being fans again.
Some things never really change, honestly, but it's better now than say 5 years ago.
Mr. Slash wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:Wow. I understand TT's frustration. But that tweet isn't very professional. If I were the band, I wouldn't be happy about either.
Was this even a Tweet or a private message? I can't find it on his Twitter-feed.
Yeah, I didn't see it on a Tweet. Did he post this on Facebook or somewhere else?

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TheEndisHere wrote:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/article ... wtXCa99ej4
Positive coverage again
Positive coverage, indeed, but I find a few details on it that could have been more spot-checked.
Right after a controversial tour of 2003 that produced a lawsuit against the band, Creed took a break.
That tour was in 2002, late 2002, but still.
Since the relationships between the singer Scott Stapp and other band members were at their worst, because of Stapp’s battle with addictions, Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall, and Scott Phillips decided to disband Creed and form a new band with a new singer, so they invited Myles Kennedy from The Mayfield Four.
Brian was already out of Creed (back in around 2000 or so, I think) by the time Mark and Flip decided that they don't want to play in Creed and formed AB. It was later on that they got Brian back, and then got Myles. Or at least, that's what I thought happened. Anyway, I always thought that because of it, Mark and Flip were always the primary founders for AB.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

anguyen92 wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/article ... wtXCa99ej4
Positive coverage again
Positive coverage, indeed, but I find a few details on it that could have been more spot-checked.
Right after a controversial tour of 2003 that produced a lawsuit against the band, Creed took a break.
That tour was in 2002, late 2002, but still.
Since the relationships between the singer Scott Stapp and other band members were at their worst, because of Stapp’s battle with addictions, Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall, and Scott Phillips decided to disband Creed and form a new band with a new singer, so they invited Myles Kennedy from The Mayfield Four.
Brian was already out of Creed (back in around 2000 or so, I think) by the time Mark and Flip decided that they don't want to play in Creed and formed AB. It was later on that they got Brian back, and then got Myles. Or at least, that's what I thought happened. Anyway, I always thought that because of it, Mark and Flip were always the primary founders for AB.
Thank you for your service.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Pardon my ignorance, but who is TT?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but who is TT?
Diddy Kong Racing legend.

anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Tim Tournier - he is the band’s manager.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

A kid.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Blackbirddd wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
I know, but it's not the first time that Tim has this divaish reaction about something. He has serious issues about his temperament and he doesn't even know how to properly react about things, so it's just me getting tired of him.

Also, working almost a year on the title of the album and the (until now) cover of the album? We all know how the guys work, they meet in January, they start composing and then they work on lyrics and everything else, so he is telling us that the album cover/title was made before even knowing the concept of the album? Come on...
Bro, his job isn’t about the album title. His job is to score gigs for AB. He worked a year long doing all the requisite Matter and meeting in order to have AB play at download, and all the other venues. He planned the whole marketing aspect of it as well. So I get why he is angry about the leak. It’s not just about the album name and release date.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I have three different answers, and I don't know which to go with!

I'm going to lean toward TT being the clock.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At the same time, his role as manager isn't going to be too big of a "Let's be friends/friendly with all the fans" sort of deal. That's something in PR to deal with which is Michael Tremonti's role. Tim's job is indeed trying to looking at for the band's bottom line and addresses the things that may affect it like leaks and everything else that revolves around the business of the band. On the other hand, how one would address it as well and how the public can perceive is still important as well as it affects the reputation of the band which does affect their bottom line as well.

Take a look at someone like Andy Copping. He's the guy that organizes gigs for bands like AB and their contemporaries in the UK and organizes the Download Festival. I've seen some moments where things get leaked and could be leaked and rumored that revolves around an event like the Download festival and moments where the man in the hat wasn't happy and reacted in a manner similar to Tim. I don't think that sort of reaction reflects well with a festival as big as Download, but I can understand how as a person in the position they are in reacts in the manner they do.

I just wished it didn't get spilled out in the public at times (which is the cons for outlets like social media). Got to maintain keeping it cool and not be passive aggressive in moments like these especially when it can affects people's perception of bands like AB or festivals like Download. On the other hand, there's a solid reason why AB trusts guys like Tim and Andy Copping to get things done when it comes to booking the shows that they get to play in.