AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by RevenantGB »

Perfect 10/10 review for Walk the Sky: http://rocknloadmag.com/news/alter-brid ... um-review/
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

RikJohannsen wrote:Myles playing more and more NON-PRS guitars!

This one's a EVH i believe!?
Pretty interesting to see Myles with another guitar, and especially, THAT guitar.

Tim mentioned recently that PRS wouldn't do a MK signature model, so I'm glad that he's playing other guitars now. He has such an interesting ear for guitar tones and the feelings/emotions that go with them. I think this will really up his creativity and expression.

Also, there are plenty of rumors that EVH's cancer has returned and that he's pretty sick. Mark likely keeps in touch with Wolfie and probably knows what's up, so this may be an sadly intentional tribute as well.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

If that's the case then I'd love to see Myles branch out and experiment. He seems to really enjoy playing Telecasters, enough to try them out in an AB setting despite the single-coils.

It'll still feel strange for a while seeing him perform without a PRS though..
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

gbruin wrote:

Pretty interesting to see Myles with another guitar, and especially, THAT guitar.

Tim mentioned recently that PRS wouldn't do a MK signature model, so I'm glad that he's playing other guitars now. He has such an interesting ear for guitar tones and the feelings/emotions that go with them. I think this will really up his creativity and expression.

Also, there are plenty of rumors that EVH's cancer has returned and that he's pretty sick. Mark likely keeps in touch with Wolfie and probably knows what's up, so this may be an sadly intentional tribute as well.

Yeah really sounds like EVH is in his last days which is super sad, absolute guitar legend my fav of all time. Not just his tricks but his killer tone and groove are unmatched imo

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

LosingPatience wrote:
gbruin wrote:

Yeah really sounds like EVH is in his last days which is super sad, absolute guitar legend my fav of all time. Not just his tricks but his killer tone and groove are unmatched imo
EVH is the whole reason I started playing guitar. I heard Eruption and wanted to learn how to play it. Eddie got me into it. Mark made me want to get better. I loved Mark's style and wanted to get on that level. It was super awesome for me that they had a close connection, with Wolfie in Tremonti and all the other stuff. Hope everything turns out ok for him.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:
gbruin wrote:

EVH is the whole reason I started playing guitar. I heard Eruption and wanted to learn how to play it. Eddie got me into it. Mark made me want to get better. I loved Mark's style and wanted to get on that level. It was super awesome for me that they had a close connection, with Wolfie in Tremonti and all the other stuff. Hope everything turns out ok for him.

I remember exactly where i was when i heard Eruption for the first time, that and Spanish Fly . Nothing has topped that experience for me ,blew me away.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Full concert @ StarFM Berlin:

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

An open race on the album chart, with James Arthur's YOU, Foals' Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 2 and Alter Bridge's Walk The Sky in contention for #1.

Top 100 Albums

1 Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost, Pt. 2 (10.7k) *
2 James Arthur - You (10.1k) *
3 Alter Bridge - Walk the Sky (8.1k) *
4 YUNGBLUD - The Underrated Youth (5.5k) *
5 Daniel O'Donnell - Halfway to Paradise (4.4k) *

U.K. MIDWEEKS: A BATTLE FOR #1

New albums from Foals and James Arthur are duking it out for the top slot on the U.K. Official Albums Chart. Meanwhile, Tones and I’s “Dance Monkey” (Parlophone) is pacing ahead of the competition and is set for a fourth week at #1 at singles.

Foals’ sixth studio album Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost – Part 2 (Warner) is less than 600 chart sales ahead of Arthur’s third full-length, You (SYCO). If Foals, holds on it will their first #1; James, who has the lead on digital downloads, topped the chart in 2016.

Napalm’s Alter Bridge could match their career peak if Walk The Sky holds at #3. The Underrated Youth from Interscope’s Yungblud is #4 and Daniel O’Donnell’s Halfway To Paradise (DMGTV), is #5; it would be his 39th Top 40 album.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

riemslag1 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:57 pm And so also would be an album and/or dvd of a full intimate acoustic set..............a bit like the MTV-sessions.
This aged well.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Happy birthday Walk The Sky!
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Man, in retrospect, Walk The Sky seems to get SO much flack from the AB fanbase for being too poppy, for the production sucking, etc., and I just DON'T get it. I don't like ranking the albums, but I have to put WTS near the top of my list. I can put this album on, and it's just one banger of a song after another. I love it!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

TenaciousBe wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:44 pm Man, in retrospect, Walk The Sky seems to get SO much flack from the AB fanbase for being too poppy, for the production sucking, etc., and I just DON'T get it. I don't like ranking the albums, but I have to put WTS near the top of my list. I can put this album on, and it's just one banger of a song after another. I love it!
Absolutely! I think it's one of their best, and certainly one of their most consistent front-to-back albums.

Miro
Brand New Start

Post by Miro »

Indeed. One of their best with so many great songs :cheers

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

TenaciousBe wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:44 pm Man, in retrospect, Walk The Sky seems to get SO much flack from the AB fanbase for being too poppy, for the production sucking, etc., and I just DON'T get it. I don't like ranking the albums, but I have to put WTS near the top of my list. I can put this album on, and it's just one banger of a song after another. I love it!
It's strange. It's a bit indefinable for me. I do like it a lot as an album but it just doesn't rank anywhere near the top. That's more a comment on the quality of the first 4 albums than anything else though. Production-wise I think it's dragged down a little by being peak AB layers/overdub madness.

I think it sort of lacks that real highlight track that makes it as notable as others. The title tracks on the previous 4 albums (or Words Darker in AB3's case) are standouts that sort of define the other albums. Walking on the Sky is a fantastic song but it isn't quite on the same level.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Oh, I can see why.
I don't wanna judge whether WTS is a good record or not. But all in all I gotta say that this album has many songs I just don't care about anymore. Overall, there are too many mediocre songs on WTS for my taste.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Walk The Sky is a record I enjoyed more at the time it released. It was better than The Last Hero and reminded me of some of the material on AB III, so I enjoy it for the most part.

It didn’t really stay in my rotation after Marching In Time was released though. And now that Pawns and Kings is out, that record has a much better production sound when you compare the two. Pawns and Kings would’ve been a great follow up album to Fortress. Glad we’re getting it now.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:57 pm Walk The Sky is a record I enjoyed more at the time it released. It was better than The Last Hero and reminded me of some of the material on AB III, so I enjoy it for the most part.

It didn’t really stay in my rotation after Marching In Time was released though. And now that Pawns and Kings is out, that record has a much better production sound when you compare the two. Pawns and Kings would’ve been a great follow up album to Fortress. Glad we’re getting it now.
Hmm, tempted to do a combined album of the best of TLH - P&K period now. Would be pretty bangin.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think WTS was a really brave album for them to do. And I think the songs on the album that have the most experimentation are fantastic. Pay No Mind, Godspeed and Dying Light for example.

I just wish it was more focused. There are a bunch of songs on there I don't care about and those all sound like "AB on autopilot" songs.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

It's a personal take, but Dying Light is such a scary song for me. It's one of the few songs where I care anything about the lyrics, and the fact that they deal with the feelings of death and eternal life just make me never want to listen to it again. (FYI - I'm terribly afraid of death.) Add to that the bendy riff and the over-long outro that seems like it was put there to sound like a sonic apocalypse, and you get one of my least favorite Alter Bridge songs ever.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:49 pm (FYI - I'm terribly afraid of death.)
Philosophy will help you with this, max. Some favourite quotes of mine… (that you didn’t ask for, but I’m going to pretend that you did, lol)

“What is death? A mask to frighten children. Turn it and examine it. See, it does not bite. The poor body must be separated from the spirit as it was before, either now or later.” - Epictetus

“A correct understanding that death is nothing to us makes the mortality of life enjoyable, not by adding to life a limitless time, but by taking away the yearning after immortality. For life has no terrors for him who has thoroughly understood that there are no terrors for him in ceasing to live.” - Epicurus

“He who fears death fears either the loss of sensation or a different kind of sensation. But if you will have no sensation, you will feel nothing bad; and if you have a different kind of sensation, then you will be a different kind of living being and will not have ceased to live.” - Marcus Aurelius

“How ridiculous to worry about passing into freedom from all worry. Just as our birth brought us the birth of all things, so will our death be the death of them all. And so to be sorry we will not be alive a hundred years from now is as foolish as to be sorry we were not alive a hundred years ago.” - Montaigne

And to bring it back around to the song, it’s a shame Dying Light wasn’t out when the guys did their Royal Albert Hall shows. Dying Light with an orchestra would be otherworldly.