AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by peapod0609 »

Yeah, I think they are just too comfortable with Elvis at this point. But he also lives apparently a few minutes from Mark, and I believe Mark said he didn't want anyone else to produce his music. So it's a comfort thing, really.

I also wish that they would ditch Elvis and go with another producer, just to switch things up and get a fresh perspective. I think it's kind of weird that the same guy has been a producer for so long. Most bands don't work with the same producer over and over again for every album.

Its hard to grow that way.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

So was the listening party last night? Or was that just a "pre listening party" special event? Can't wait to read some reviews!

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

It’s tonight (Orlando time zone) I think.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Jumped on Facebook and saw that tonight's the night! Lucky buncha bums, whoever's driving/flying/teleporting to Orlando... Is the band playing a tiny gig or is it just a listen and meet and greet? Either way I'm super jealous and chomping at the friggin' bit to hear everyone's reactions to the newer new stuff.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

We're gonna finally find out what the deal is with One Life!

Hope everyone has a blast and enjoys the album! And keeps Kev under control.
For all of the hope that it brings...

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

UninvitedZero wrote:Jumped on Facebook and saw that tonight's the night! Lucky buncha bums, whoever's driving/flying/teleporting to Orlando... Is the band playing a tiny gig or is it just a listen and meet and greet? Either way I'm super jealous and chomping at the friggin' bit to hear everyone's reactions to the newer new stuff.
6 hours to go to the listening party! And yes, they are also playing a small gig, so I'm really interested to hear how some of the new songs translate live.

I've kicked myself that I didn't go to the last couple of listening parties, but things fell into place for this one, and I'm stoked! I'll try to do a write-up tonight like others have done in the past...assuming I can remember the details from 14 total songs and the show!

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

snowman wrote:
UninvitedZero wrote:Jumped on Facebook and saw that tonight's the night! Lucky buncha bums, whoever's driving/flying/teleporting to Orlando... Is the band playing a tiny gig or is it just a listen and meet and greet? Either way I'm super jealous and chomping at the friggin' bit to hear everyone's reactions to the newer new stuff.
6 hours to go to the listening party! And yes, they are also playing a small gig, so I'm really interested to hear how some of the new songs translate live.

I've kicked myself that I didn't go to the last couple of listening parties, but things fell into place for this one, and I'm stoked! I'll try to do a write-up tonight like others have done in the past...assuming I can remember the details from 14 total songs and the show!

Please do! We'd all appreciate it.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

snowman wrote:

Please do! this is also an important day for people who could’nt be there, try and film the live performance too in case they play the pre-released songs!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Correct. There will be no videos or audio from the event. But in the past they have given everyone a survey sheet and a pencil to make comments on the songs and suggest which should be singles, etc, so hopefully some good notes will make it out alive and for us to get some hints on the new album.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

chtimixeur wrote:
prslover wrote:Alter Bridge will never garner wide radio airplay. Myles does not have a radio voice. Most of us realized this after Blackbird. They want vocals like Breaking Benjamin and Five Finger and three days grace. Pretty sure they know this (or should know) because they have been trying to push hit singles every record and not one has ever played for more than a week or a few spins on rock radio.
Myles has a better chance of writing a pop song and getting on the charts with that.
AB has settled into what I call the predictable revenue stream portion of their career. Album, tour Europe 2x , USA 1 time then back to side projects for a year then back to AB. Its just not inspiring and it's coming though the music. The guys are getting older and are content to having predictable earnings and a manageable workload.
It just is what it is, 45 YO Mark Tremonti is not writing songs like the 20 YO Tremonti. I'm not saying they aren't out there tring and working and putting on good shows. What I am saying is this music is coming from people who are comfortable in life and the music comes off that way. AB should go on the shelf for a bit before they do another record and if Elvis is producing I don't even want to hear it.

I brought up Tool a little a page or 3 back. I don't care if you don't like Tool but when you listen to that new record you are experiencing music that wasn't written in a cycle. It was methodically crafted throughout a decade. I know every band can't go 13 years without a record. I know that. But if AB went on Hiatus for 4-5 years I bet the next record would be much better than the last 2 AB records.
Very good post.
There is nothing wrong with being a bit more comfortable when you're in your 40's and 50's. These guys are hard workers and deserve their success.
But, most of us here are fans, and we expect more than the usual from those guys.
They keep saying they like challenging themselves, but I'm not really hearing it.
As to Elvis, don't hold your breath for any change, because he's definitely here to stay. During a recent interview, Myles said once again how incredible he was, that he was the 5th member of the band, yada yada yada... He's their friend, and they refuse to face the harsh reality that he's a problem for their band. Anyone who says that is probably a hater in their mind.
The sad thing is that they're shooting themselves in the foot, and I'm convinced that one day, 10 or 20 years from now, Mark will listen back to his AB and solo albums and have an epiphany about the production issues.
Yeah, Elvis has to go. It's great that he's a good friend. He's probably a wonderful guy. But they desperately need new blood in the studio.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

gbruin wrote:Correct. There will be no videos or audio from the event. But in the past they have given everyone a survey sheet and a pencil to make comments on the songs and suggest which should be singles, etc, so hopefully some good notes will make it out alive and for us to get some hints on the new album.
Or Kev could wear a wire.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

gbruin wrote:Correct. There will be no videos or audio from the event. But in the past they have given everyone a survey sheet and a pencil to make comments on the songs and suggest which should be singles, etc, so hopefully some good notes will make it out alive and for us to get some hints on the new album.
Now that you say this, I remember that they choose SMAL as first single because of that survey so that listening party was waaaaaay before the album release

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Gives me great pleasure to say this. At the Beacham for the Walk the Sky listening party. I’m 7th in line with 4 hours to go before it begins.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Have fun everyone attending the listening party! :-)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah the venue is enforcing the fact to leave phones at home or in the car. I’m going out of the radar after this post.

AngusWolfe
Bought The CDs

Post by AngusWolfe »

Blackbirddd wrote:So Myles’ favorite song from the album is In The Deep, damn...
He's also recently said The Mayfield Four's Fallout is the worst record he's made, so it's fair to say Myles can't be trusted to judge his own music.

I've had it in my own band, the songs I find the most fun to play aren't always the best musically or the ones the crowd enjoy the most.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

anguyen92 wrote:Yeah the venue is enforcing the fact to leave phones at home or in the car. I’m going out of the radar after this post.
BRAVO SIX, GOING DARK
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: RED LEADER IS DOWN

Post by zazthespaz »

RevenantGB wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Yeah the venue is enforcing the fact to leave phones at home or in the car. I’m going out of the radar after this post.
BRAVO SIX, GOING DARK
:lol :lol :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

AngusWolfe wrote:
Blackbirddd wrote:So Myles’ favorite song from the album is In The Deep, damn...
He's also recently said The Mayfield Four's Fallout is the worst record he's made, so it's fair to say Myles can't be trusted to judge his own music.
You're totally right. Fallout is fantastic. Myles should not deny that.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die