AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by TheEndisHere »

I think Myles performance in the verses in "In the Deep" is the best of all the 4 songs so far but I'd give the best chorus to "pay no mind" or "take the Crown"

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

LosingPatience wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:My hype completely died with this. This is so generic im lost for words. Where are the guitar solo's , the bridges its all so commercial. Not even the chorus was catchy
Where are the guitar solos? In the song, that’s where.

Seriously where ? If they are there i cant hear them, the mix that bad ?
Pay No Mind is literally the only song of the 4 without a solo, dude lol.

Yes, the solos so far have been shorter and not as prominent in the mix, but I don't see how you can't hear them at all??

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Wait, how can you not hear the guitar solo lol. Are you trolling because it's actually a pretty damn good one. My fav of the solos on this album so far.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

It's more of a Melody line than a solo. But I can see both sides of that argument.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I do agree with some of the criticism of the record as it pertains to the lyrics... so far. Keeping in mind we’ve only heard four songs. Nothing lyrically (yet) has resonated with me on a personal level. But that’s just me.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

In October I will be seeing both Alter Bridge and Tool live for the first time since 2007. Nostalgia overload.

They're really the only two hard rock bands I still follow (if you don't count Tremonti, I'll always listen to his stuff).

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I think I will not listen to this song or re-listen to the other 3 songs until the album comes out. My will power is strong.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

peapod0609 wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:My hype completely died with this. This is so generic im lost for words. Where are the guitar solo's , the bridges its all so commercial. Not even the chorus was catchy
Where are the guitar solos? In the song, that’s where.

Seriously where ? If they are there i cant hear them, the mix that bad ?
Pay No Mind is literally the only song of the 4 without a solo, dude lol.

Yes, the solos so far have been shorter and not as prominent in the mix, but I don't see how you can't hear them at all??

I cant hear what is happening solo wise in In The Deep at all its completely buried . I play guitar and usually play by ear im completely lost on whats even happening on this one. I never said the others didnt have them. WYR feels like half a solo,Pay No Mind nothing, Take The Crown solo sounds like it took 5 minutes to come up with, In The Deep ive got no idea whats even happening.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

One Drew Remains wrote:It's more of a Melody line than a solo. But I can see both sides of that argument.

This exactly ^^^^^ its exactly what it sounds like. If its actually a solo its their worst by a mile

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

I've seen people also complain about the sound of the new Big Wreck album and I can't wrap my head around it. But I'm also not a fan of Tool so I can't compare.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I like this new song. The vocals and guitar have a strange dichotomy.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

After only one listen I think this song is catchy as hell and am looking forward to listening to it again. I'm very much enjoying the direction they're going with the 4 songs they've released so far, so I'm hopeful about the rest of the album.

That being said, I can definitely see why there are some people who don't like it though.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

LosingPatience wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:It's more of a Melody line than a solo. But I can see both sides of that argument.

This exactly ^^^^^ its exactly what it sounds like. If its actually a solo its their worst by a mile
How is it the worst by a mile? It's a great melody line. Great guitar solos can be simple and effective. It's far more memorable than most of the other shreddy junk Mark has become obsessed with in the last few years.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Jaded Rescue wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:

How is it the worst by a mile? It's a great melody line. Great guitar solos can be simple and effective. It's far more memorable than most of the other shreddy junk Mark has become obsessed with in the last few years.
For sure. Solos don't have to be crazy complicated all of the time. I think it suits the song well.

Fortress1988
Brand New Start

Post by Fortress1988 »

Guys I feel all 4 songs released are more like commerical based songs ,
So if going by that logic , alterbridge should advertise these songs as much as possible to get commerical success and expand the outreach to new audience.
Maybe these 4 songs were purposely released keeping in mind the commerical fan base
And the 10 songs which are left will be more of a artistic based songs.

RikJohannsen
Bought The CDs

Post by RikJohannsen »

Okay... I just need to share my thoughts with you.
I read so many comments about the new songs and especially about In The Deep and this and that.

A couple of minutes ago I listened to all 4 tracks on my big 5.1 surround system. WYR, PNM, TTC and ITD. And I must say, although I had some weird feelings about them as well at first, the songs feel fresh and fitting! I just feel like this album fits perfectly in the rock music business of today. (I know, this can easily lead to a huge misunderstanding - but hear me out) The Last Hero was a decent record. Maybe not their best but also not their worst - in my opinion. Surely the production wasn't top nutch, no doubt about that but the songs had a great feel and an awesome groove (The Other Side for example). In 2016 it was kinda fitting. In 2019 'Walk The Sky' seems fitting to me! I don't really know how to describe it. Maybe it's something where you have to let it flow and only feel the music, feel the joy the band experienced while recording or writing these songs.

Each of the 4 songs sound very differently and I think that is something we never had before on an Alter Bridge album. And these were just 4!!!! There are 10 more to go - so keep it cool and be excited (just like I am) for October 18th! Keep rockin' :peace

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I think pre-TLH they released Show Me a Leader, My Champion, Poison in Your Veins and The Other Side. How does this batch compare?
For all of the hope that it brings...

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Ubik wrote:I think pre-TLH they released Show Me a Leader, My Champion, Poison in Your Veins and The Other Side. How does this batch compare?
So far I don't care for Pay No Mind or Wouldn't You Rather at all and haven't bothered listening to them again since. Take the Crown has some parts I like but still a miss as a single IMO. In the Deep was a good single choice I feel but it's just a good energy song and not anything I'll necessarily cherish like the ODR songs. So overall I guess I'm at like a 1.5/4 for hype based on this batch.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ubik wrote:I think pre-TLH they released Show Me a Leader, My Champion, Poison in Your Veins and The Other Side. How does this batch compare?
I think out of the bunch. I prefer all of the Walk the Sky songs so far over the batch from the songs from The Last Hero with the exception of The Other Side (that was a solid song and got its due with the orchestra treatment at the RAH). Therefore, I think it bodes well for the album given that we haven't heard the title track and the closing song of it and they always crush it when it comes to those songs in those placements.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

I remember having very mixed feelings about Show Me a Leader, My Champion and Poison In Your Veins when they came out individually, and it was the release of The Other Side that reassured me The Last Hero would be good. To this day I almost never listen to the first three.

Comparatively I enjoy the Walk The Sky singles far more, but none of them have hyped me like The Other Side did.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear