AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Mr. Slash »

RevenantGB wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Freaking amazing. Myles' vocals on Wouldn't Your Rather were insane. The only thing that was quite awkward was the main riff, the other guitar parts were all insanely good.
I'm so glad they anounced that the rest of the acoustic performance will be uploaded soon as well.
I'm well aware this is a long-shot but you wouldn't happen to know the other songs they played would you? I saw a brief snippet of Ghost of Days Gone By on their Instagram (which I absolutely cannot wait for) but I've no idea what else they played.
Nope, sadly I don't. But I have seen the Ghost Of Days Gone By snippet, too and i really want to see the whole thing. :D

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Marshall wrote:"In Loving Memory" and "Wouldn't You Rather" Acoustic - Live at StarFM Berlin

Great performance.

The Kingpin standin‘ in the corner :eek

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

We just have one album review? :(

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Blackbirddd wrote:We just have one album review? :(
Yeah, this silence after the press tour is weird

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

MidnightToker wrote:
ugh, no it isn't.. its called an embargo. stuff starts coming out in 2 weeks.

You go and do press trips for long lead outlets (Print, features, covers...) then you do phoners for things that roll out in a week or so.
Its always worked this way.
There have been 3 features / reviews out to date - one in the UK, one in Poland and one in France.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Then by two weeks time, we are one month away from the album release! That's when things should pick up when it comes to the album reviews. Not only that, we are one week from Tuesday away from the album listening party! I can't wait! I hope I can run into you, Tim, so that I can shake your hand, in person, and thank you for all you do for the band in the last few years.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

anguyen92 wrote:Then by two weeks time, we are one month away from the album release! That's when things should pick up when it comes to the album reviews. Not only that, we are one week from Tuesday away from the album listening party! I can't wait! I hope I can run into you, Tim, so that I can shake your hand, in person, and thank you for all you do for the band in the last few years.

bear hugs!

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Last edited by RevenantGB on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

TTournier wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Then by two weeks time, we are one month away from the album release! That's when things should pick up when it comes to the album reviews. Not only that, we are one week from Tuesday away from the album listening party! I can't wait! I hope I can run into you, Tim, so that I can shake your hand, in person, and thank you for all you do for the band in the last few years.

bear hugs!
Totally in agreement with anguyen here. Very grateful for how active you are in this community with updates, answering our questions and keeping us in the loop, as well as the bigger picture work you do for Alter Bridge! The Royal Albert Hall shows led to what was easily one of the best evenings of my life :)
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm a little sadden in that video that a question was "Is AB a religious band" when it should have ask "Is AB a satanic band?"

On another note, Myles gave a lot of level-headed answers that doesn't come off as having an over-inflated ego.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Has the French and Polish feature/review been posted on here yet?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

"All I know is I have a range that allows me to irritate people." loool
Seems like Myles was in a good mood during this interview.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

anguyen92 wrote:I'm a little sadden in that video that a question was "Is AB a religious band" when it should have ask "Is AB a satanic band?"
:lol

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

DarkKnight12 wrote:Has the French and Polish feature/review been posted on here yet?
I don't think I've seen those, personally.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

anguyen92 wrote:I'm a little sadden in that video that a question was "Is AB a religious band" when it should have ask "Is AB a satanic band?"

On another note, Myles gave a lot of level-headed answers that doesn't come off as having an over-inflated ego.

Can i assume thats a pot at me ? I will just ignore that if thats the case because that is pretty poor bait.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

TTournier wrote:
MidnightToker wrote:
ugh, no it isn't.. its called an embargo. stuff starts coming out in 2 weeks.

You go and do press trips for long lead outlets (Print, features, covers...) then you do phoners for things that roll out in a week or so.
Its always worked this way.
There have been 3 features / reviews out to date - one in the UK, one in Poland and one in France.
Tim, I am very sorry. My comment wasn't meant as criticism. I work in journalism, I'm an editor for a national legal news website, and am very familiar with embargoes, but after I saw the first review I thought the overall embargo had cleared. I understand now that it must be on a story-by-story or region-by-region basis. Thank you for clarifying.

Just wanted to state on the record that I didn't mean to upset or offend the best manager that my favorite band has ever had. I apologize again for the perceived slight, and very much look forward to the upcoming reviews and feature stories.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

LosingPatience wrote:

Can i assume thats a pot at me ? I will just ignore that if thats the case because that is pretty poor bait.
What the heck? What does this post have to do with you? I'm just saying that Myles is a pretty cool dude and I'm being playful about the whole "Is AB a satanic band?" which is something we joke about here rarely.

merces
Brand New Start

Post by merces »

Since the listening party is next week, I asume the last "pre release" will come this week (In The Deep)

Can't wait for the reviews from the listening party ! :mkrules :mtrocks

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

merces wrote:Since the listening party is next week, I asume the last "pre release" will come this week (In The Deep)

Can't wait for the reviews from the listening party ! :mkrules :mtrocks
:yeahthat

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

September 20, if the pattern holds.
For all of the hope that it brings...