AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Sugar Blade
Bought The CDs

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Sugar Blade »

LosingPatience wrote:The fact they never played Losing Patience live kills me, that bridge alone would have been epic lve
Myles played Losing Patience live during his shows and it sounded so much better stripped away from everything.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Since ABIII, I think the singles have definitely been the bottom 5-6 songs on the record. First 2 albums were fine in that regard.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

AB23 wrote:Since ABIII, I think the singles have definitely been the bottom 5-6 songs on the record. First 2 albums were fine in that regard.

Rise Today for me [Blackbird] nowhere near top song from that album and i would say Addicted To Pain def top bracket from Fortress. Also think SMAL kicks ass and like that whole album is underrated

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I strongly dislike addicted to pain. I would rather be addicted to pain.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

AB23 wrote:I strongly dislike addicted to pain. I would rather be addicted to pain.
Is it the lyrical content? The theme(s)? Just curious what specifically doesn't do it for you. The riff?

I love it myself (the bridge is whatever).

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

AB23 wrote:I strongly dislike addicted to pain. I would rather be addicted to pain.

No doubt lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

ATP has a killer guitar solo. The song as a whole really grew on me over the years, but I kinda disliked it in the beginning as well.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Mr. Slash wrote:ATP has a killer guitar solo. The song as a whole really grew on me over the years, but I kinda disliked it in the beginning as well.

ATP is one of their very best singles beats Isolation for me

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Isolation has the best hook, but ATP has better energy. I think both are excellent singles, and great representatives of the band.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Timotheus wrote:but ATP has better energy.
Otherwise they'd called it ADP+P :shifty

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Just wanted to say how much I love Brian's bass lines on Take The Crown! How it mimics the synth loop in a few spots. Awesome!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Timotheus wrote:but ATP has better energy.
Otherwise they'd called it ADP+P :shifty
I see what you did.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Take the crown.. after listening a handful of times, i'm feeling the song. It's a grower.

I love the intro,don't like the chorus very much, like the other two songs (don't know why).
The outro is cool but i think the ending could be better, it seems to be missing something, i don't know. They could improvise/extend it in a live performance.
But I think it's my least favorite of the 3 songs.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Sugar Blade wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:The fact they never played Losing Patience live kills me, that bridge alone would have been epic lve
Myles played Losing Patience live during his shows and it sounded so much better stripped away from everything.
Same with Coming Home. Sounded good acoustic, even tho its one of AB's worst songs from the album.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Oh man.

*Ducks the objects about to be thrown about Coming Home*
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

*throws objects at cheesedip for his opinion about Coming Home over Drew as he dodges them*

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

cheesedip1 wrote:
Sugar Blade wrote:
Same with Coming Home. Sounded good acoustic, even tho its one of AB's worst songs from the album.
Coming Home is awesome. I thought the consensus was that "Break Me Down" (I agree here) & "One by One" (good song but not the best on the album) were the least liked by AB fans on Blackbird

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know where this recent dislike for One by One came from. I thought it was a solid song with some good lyrics to commemorate the fallen.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

^ I first read "Break Me Down" as "Brand New Start," and I was about to tell you to go fuck off. :lol

I think Break Me Down is fine when I'm listening to it with the rest of the album, but I'll never pluck it out from a list nor would I care about its live counterpart in a concert set list. One by One is great, though not very wordy in the chorus. Maybe it's a good thing, I don't know.

It seems like Before Tomorrow Comes isn't as liked on here as much as I like it. Maybe they have overplayed it live for some people or something.

Coming Home is my least liked song on Blackbird (not including We Don't Care At All).

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Genuinely shocked people aint digging the chorus for Take The Crown its so damn good one of my fav AB choruses period. Ive been listening to it for weeks now though but dont remember not liking it. Bridge is growing on me but if the song has a weakness its the bridge