AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote:How is that possible for you Greg? I'm in California and one hour ahead I can hear the song on Spotify.
Mostly b/c I’m lame.

But I’ve heard it now and it’s the best first impression of the 3 singles to me.

It sounds like a Myles song to me, mostly due to the lyrics, but I think that’s an MK solo and not Mark, too. And it does sound a bit like 30 Myles are singing from every direction. But it’s a cool AF song. Still AB, but still something new. Nice.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

It's okay. I don't know what this songs about either. lyrics aren't very good. Some of the music is decent. Better than the last record. I like the ending.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Way better than Wouldn't You Rather, but Pay No Mind is still my favorite from the three.

The "so sorry" lyrics are kinda dumb, and I think Myles sounds very unconvincing in this song... That's weird coming, considering how well he pulled off songs like White Knuckles and other agressive songs in the past.

The opening notes remind me of Mirrors by Justin Timberlake.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Timotheus wrote:Way better than Wouldn't You Rather, but Pay No Mind is still my favorite from the three.

The "so sorry" lyrics are kinda dumb, and I think Myles sounds very unconvincing in this song... That's weird coming, considering how well he pulled off songs like White Knuckles and other agressive songs in the past.

I love the lyrics myself fav of the 3 easily and funnily the so sorry bit is my fav. Myles unconvincing ? Is that you Scott lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

LosingPatience wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Way better than Wouldn't You Rather, but Pay No Mind is still my favorite from the three.

I love the lyrics myself fav of the 3 easily and funnily the so sorry bit is my fav. Myles unconvincing ? Is that you Scott lol
stapp must live in your head rent free

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

gbruin wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:How is that possible for you Greg? I'm in California and one hour ahead I can hear the song on Spotify.
Mostly b/c I’m lame.

But I’ve heard it now and it’s the best first impression of the 3 singles to me.

It sounds like a Myles song to me, mostly due to the lyrics, but I think that’s an MK solo and not Mark, too. And it does sound a bit like 30 Myles are singing from every direction. But it’s a cool AF song. Still AB, but still something new. Nice.
No way does that sound like a Myles solo. Those licks and patterns are signature Tremonti.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Hm, I'm not really convinced by the new single. I enjoyed Wouldn't You Rather and Pay No Mind much more.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

The chorus has had to grow on me, but I think the rest of the track is killer! I LOVE that heavy pre-chorus. The outro reminds me of a more cheerful Cauterize! I definitely hear comparisons to My Champion and Never Say Die (Outright) but with a new spin. Love the synth line that comes in toward the middle of the song.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Okay, I can finally share my thoughts. I love it. The intro, solo, and outro are classic AB with a slight twist maybe in effects or tuning. Are the guitars tuned differently (one higher, one lower)? I like the middle eastern bit on the bridge. It almost sounds like there's a flute/violin in the background of the verses but could be synth or effects. Also which parts are whose? I know the solo is Mark. Is the intro and outro Mark too or Myles? I think that the intro and outro are Myles because it has that bluesy legato thing. I could totally be off base.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

nagpo wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:

stapp must live in your head rent free

Yeah no , im an old Creed fan myself but Myles has him covered

Cariocawlad
Bought The CDs

Post by Cariocawlad »

Personally I'm loving the new songs. In my opinion this album will follow a more artistic line. As we already know it's thematic and I can really feel the old film soundtrack atmosphere on the songs.
The songs are different from all we heard before. And I think this is causing estrangements to some. One friendly advice: just open your ears and enjoy. This is a brand new AB music, with a welcome new direction, coming in our way! And to me this is amazing!!

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

LosingPatience wrote: Yeah no , im an old Creed fan myself but Myles has him covered
In the range department, but that's it. Go ahead people, ridicule my intelligence. :rolleyes

Wouldn't You Rather > Take the Crown > Pay No Mind.

Everything but the chorus is solid. The chorus is a throw-away. I think the outro is Mark, but maybe that's wishful thinking (as I wish he'd do more blues).

Also, I have a weird pet peeve about using "right now" - it's only present tense while saying it and then it immediately becomes past tense so it always sounds weird to me. :shrug

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Troops4Tremonti wrote:
LosingPatience wrote: Yeah no , im an old Creed fan myself but Myles has him covered
In the range department, but that's it. Go ahead people, ridicule my intelligence. :rolleyes

Wouldn't You Rather > Take the Crown > Pay No Mind.

Everything but the chorus is solid. The chorus is a throw-away. I think the outro is Mark, but maybe that's wishful thinking (as I wish he'd do more blues).

Also, I have a weird pet peeve about using "right now" - it's only present tense while saying it and then it immediately becomes past tense so it always sounds weird to me. :shrug

Myles has him covered in all facets : rolls eyes . Stapp aint touching M4 Myles or early AB Myles he is sounding better now but not Myles good

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Mullet151
Brand New Start

Post by Mullet151 »

Troops4Tremonti wrote:
LosingPatience wrote: Wouldn't You Rather > Take the Crown > Pay No Mind.

I think that ranking is dead on. PNM has definitely grown on me but still the lowest for sure. No solo in that song makes absolutely no sense. Crown is definitely a Mark solo and that is his tone in the outro too.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Catchiest chorus so far out of the 3. PNM is right there as well but just going through the chorus one time until the end bothers me. I wish they went through twice instead, but that's just me. Looking forward to everyone bitching about the mix and compression again. Is it the best? No but I can still hear everything on dell computer speakers. That's just rock music today, in general everyone is all about compressing and increasing the loudness.

Listening to TTC a few more times solidifies it as my favorite of the three so far. I like each one though. Hoping this one gets airplay! With there being a lyric video I would assume its their 2nd "official" single.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

UninvitedZero wrote:The chorus has had to grow on me, but I think the rest of the track is killer! I LOVE that heavy pre-chorus. The outro reminds me of a more cheerful Cauterize! I definitely hear comparisons to My Champion and Never Say Die (Outright) but with a new spin. Love the synth line that comes in toward the middle of the song.
Nailed it. The outro definitely reminded me of Tremonti outros but with slightly different tone. I've said it before and will say it again. No one in rock does as memorable intros and outros as AB.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Dude why the fuck are there Stapp fanboys in here lmao.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

peapod0609 wrote:
gbruin wrote:
Mostly b/c I’m lame.

No way does that sound like a Myles solo. Those licks and patterns are signature Tremonti.
Yeah, you're right. Not sure what I was hearing there. Maybe that long descent at 3:52 reminded me of a previous MK solo and I ignored everything else about it. D'oh.

I'm pretty sure the song is about Avengers: Endgame. Or it's about politics. Or anything else.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

gbruin wrote:
peapod0609 wrote:
gbruin wrote:
Mostly b/c I’m lame.

Yeah, you're right. Not sure what I was hearing there. Maybe that long descent at 3:52 reminded me of a previous MK solo and I ignored everything else about it. D'oh.

I'm pretty sure the song is about Avengers: Endgame. Or it's about politics. Or anything else.
Shhhhhhhhhh don't get them started with the P word again.