AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by joshuabeau »

Sugar Blade wrote:I've listened to it. Then I listened to all three songs in a row just to be sure.
:shrug

This ain't it, Chief.
Sorry, not going to judge the 4 songs that they release before the record comes out because 90% of the time, the songs they release first aren't the best ones. They'll have released 4 out of the 14 tracks. Godspeed, Dying Light, Walking On The Sky, Forever Falling, still to go. The best tracks are yet to come.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

As expected negative energy around here sigh

My thoughts been sitting on this one for a few weeks personally i love it best of the 3 by a landslide.

Pro's : Kickass intro , amazing chorus [ cant believe some dont even like it sheesh, one of the coolest outro's they have done period. Myles vocals in places sound raw

Cons :C'mon AB where are the bridges , there is 1 here its just so unmemorable needed some space, dynamics a change up , something to make it stand out
Once again the solo ....feels unfinished, rushed feels like half of a solo 0/3 as far as solo's so far imo

John3977
Brand New Start

Post by John3977 »

LosingPatience wrote:As expected negative energy around here sigh

My thoughts been sitting on this one for a few weeks personally i love it best of the 3 by a landslide.

Pro's : Kickass intro , amazing chorus [ cant believe some dont even like it sheesh, one of the coolest outro's they have done period. Myles vocals in places sound raw

Cons :C'mon AB where are the bridges , there is 1 here its just so unmemorable needed some space, dynamics a change up , something to make it stand out
Once again the solo ....feels unfinished, rushed feels like half of a solo 0/3 as far as solo's so far imo
This song is fucking epic. I love the intro, the change where he starts with “state the obvious, take the crown”, transition to a nice Solo with calming wind down to end the song. I can’t wait for this CD. For all those poo pooing the songs so far I think they are doing ALOT right. They are evolving and this and Pay No Mind are great songs !!! Long live AB and let the countdown to the album begin. Thanks AB for the surprise 2 songs the last few weeks !!!

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

The intro and outro to Take the Crown are some of the best things they've done in quite some time.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Probably my favorite of the prerelease tracks so far. Love the intro and outro. Solo is a decent one too. The melody of the song is good too. Love the use of the pauses in the melody throughout the song.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I heard Wouldn't You Rather only a couple of times (honestly mostly to hear the mix), but haven't yet heard Pay No Mind or Take the Crown. I'll try my best and refrain so I don't build too much expectation or disappointment.

Plus, it's my belief that an album should be heard front-to-back and in their arranged order for the proper experience. Singles can sometimes have good standalone appeal which is why hearing them by themselves isn't the worst thing, but I think I have the patience to wait till the album's release to get the rest.

Keep bringing the impressions though, good, bad, or otherwise!

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Definitely the best of the three by a pretty large margin. Also love the use of the line ‘we come to life,’ I grinned when I heard that. The song has that classic ‘Alter Bridge’ sound and feel that just didn’t come across for me with the other two.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

That prechorus is fantastic. Not only had one listen but I like it off the bat

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

Yeah this one is fun as hell. I do share the sentiment that the bridge riff could have been explored more because it's freaking cool but too short.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Finally get to hear the song on Spotify. Yeah, the opening of the song led me to think that this was going to be more of a ballad song. The verses changed that perception pretty fast although that chorus felt more like Outright. I haven't heard a very compelling bridge section before they transition to the bridge verse. They are really good at that, but I haven't heard it yet in these three songs. The outro is really good though.

In the end, if these are the three songs that's going to be played in the Fall tour, I think they are going to be all right.

Also, I'm noting in the cover design when you look up the tracks on Spotify, you see the dress changes from single to single, from red to purple to yellow. I don't know if there's any big deep meaning to it, but that's an interesting thing to note.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

94 minutes to go in Colorado... :pout
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

How is that possible for you Greg? I'm in California and one hour ahead I can hear the song on Spotify.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Every new song has been better than the last.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Am I the only one that is not a fan of the lyrics?
"let's state the obvious right now, we will take the crown" is kinda lame.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

anguyen92 wrote:... that chorus felt more like Outright.
I'm not going to listen to the song, but does it sound like Myles is singing at you from 17 different directions?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Honestly, I do think there were some moments of the heavily layering Myles' vocals, but I don't think, in Take the Crown, it's as in-your-face or annoying as the worst AB songs examples that uses this tactic.

Also, after listening to this song a couple of times, and I think some people will hate this thought, but I feel like I think I'm sensing some Falling in Reverse, (who is a band that Elvis also produces albums for that has a douchy frontman that had been incarcerated in the past, just basing off from the songs I've heard from their Coming Home album), vibes in this one. Just with better players, a much more stable band line-up, and non-douchy people.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Wow, a Falling In Reverse comparison :eek never thought that would happen here haha! :D
Listened to TtC a few times now and still like it. I would’ve changed a few things about the song but it made me want to pick up the guitar so that’s a good thing. :)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Honestly, I'm surprised the comparison hasn't happened sooner given that Elvis had produced multiple albums for both bands.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

The lyrics and chorus make me think this is a Mark song, but not overly confidently.

I love the bridge as well, "YOUNG AND IMPOSSIBLE" is epic when it comes in. "You're going down but we're so sorry!" made me lol on first listen, Trollter Bridge.

Has an almost theatrical edge, particularly when Mark comes in in the chorus (also great).

Gets an A from me. Wouldn't You Rather was a B-.
For all of the hope that it brings...

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I somehow feel this is a completely new Alter Bridge.

We all hear different pieces that remind us what the band is. But it is a new Alter Bridge to me. I can not explain it any other way. For now.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019