AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by MidnightToker »

Let's state the obvious right now, rule-abiding members can't share this song

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Nobody shared the song though... so I don’t know what all the fuss is about

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

We're not supposed to divulge any indication that there is a leak out (if you see a leak, report them to AB's team). On top of that, we're not supposed to discuss any material that hasn't been officially released by the band yet and honestly, we shouldn't out of good faith.

Bands, in general, have a hard time trying to make a living in this day and age. The least we, as fans, can do is let them (and their team) dictate how and when they should release the music that they created and promoted. They should have that power honestly, no matter how big the band is. If they say they don't want to see any discussions of leaked material here (even talking about the song itself, not just talking about where the leak is) we should honor that.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

anguyen92 wrote:We're not supposed to divulge any indication that there is a leak out (if you see a leak, report them to AB's team). On top of that, we're not supposed to discuss any material that hasn't been officially released by the band yet and honestly, we shouldn't out of good faith.

Bands, in general, have a hard time trying to make a living in this day and age. The least we, as fans, can do is let them (and their team) dictate how and when they should release the music that they created and promoted. They should have that power honestly, no matter how big the band is. If they say they don't want to see any discussions of leaked material here (even talking about the song itself, not just talking about where the leak is) we should honor that.

So this forum is Fight Club...........wait what Fight Club

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

DarkKnight12 wrote:Nobody shared the song though... so I don’t know what all the fuss is about
Virtue signaling.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

MidnightToker wrote:Let's state the obvious right now, rule-abiding members can't share this song
:dance

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

I don’t like the fact that AB doesn’t advertise the new releases. Pay no mind came like that with nothing to hype us for. No date announcement, no teaser, no nothing. It looks the same for take the crown..

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, they are focusing on Wouldn't You Rather. It is the lead single, after all. Like almost every day, I've been seeing plugs on Twitter asking for the fans to request it on radio and all. I mean they didn't have to announce or release another song before the album is out you know (remember, the only song that was released prior to Fortress was Addicted to Pain before they decided to stream the album). I see song releases (hype or not) before the album is out just another fortunate blessing of life, not a given.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

I just wished they would hype us like they hyped us for wouldn’t you rather. I saw a band who shared PDF file of the guitar tab of a new unreleased song a few days before it’s official release. How awesome would that be if AB did that?

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

DarkKnight12 wrote:I don’t like the fact that AB doesn’t advertise the new releases. Pay no mind came like that with nothing to hype us for. No date announcement, no teaser, no nothing. It looks the same for take the crown..
Because "Pay No Mind" leaked earlier as it initially was planned. The only way to fight a leak is to realease the thing shortly afterwards.
So it seems to be "unplanned" for the majority.

Instead of talking about leaks - report it - keep it behind closed doors. You're not an exclusive individual if you talk about it.
This is the only thing a band needs. Spotify is enough "pain in the ass" for a band in this times.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Marshall wrote:
DarkKnight12 wrote:I don’t like the fact that AB doesn’t advertise the new releases. Pay no mind came like that with nothing to hype us for. No date announcement, no teaser, no nothing. It looks the same for take the crown..
Because "Pay No Mind" leaked earlier as it initially was planned. The only way to fight a leak is to realease the thing shortly afterwards.

Instead of talking about leaks - report it - keep it behind closed doors. You're not an exclusive individual if you talk about it.
This is the only thing a band needs. Spotify is enough "pain in the ass" for a band in this times.
I don’t think that’s true. It was online before the official US release date because it became available at 00h depending if each region’s time zone. So New Zealand got it first and then someone just posted it online. It wasn’t really a « leak ». So no it wasn’t released earlier than planned because of a leak

Take the crown however, seems like a real leak !

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

DarkKnight12 wrote:
Marshall wrote:

I don’t think that’s true. It was online before the official US release date because it became available at 00h depending if each region’s time zone. So New Zealand got it first and then someone just posted it online. It wasn’t really a « leak ». So no it wasn’t released earlier than planned because of a leak

Believe me - it was not planned that way.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Marshall wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
abw1987 wrote:I'd like to offer a friendly reminder that sharing copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited. This is particularly important leading up to and following the release of new material, as we wish to respect the band's timeline by not facilitating leaks.

For reference, please see rule 11 of the TABN rules and guidelines:
TABN Admin wrote:11. This site is not to be used to share copyrighted studio recordings. Anyone caught sharing such files could be subject to banning. Sharing will NOT be tolerated at all. This includes ALL Alter Bridge studio recordings (live bootleg recordings are OK), all Creed recordings, all Mayfield Four recordings, all Tremonti recordings, all Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators recordings, all Projected recordings, and other bands involving Alter Bridge band members. Regardless of what band members may say about sharing, in the vast majority of cases, the record label own the rights to the studio recordings, and they are the people with the power to present lawsuits against websites.
Thanks in advance.

Def wont do that :}
Yeah - cool kiddies. You've heard the song before everyone else did.
Talking about leaks is definetly facilitating the whole topic - so please stop.
They will release it - you will hear it - you can discuss it. That's the way!
Thanks!
Coming from the guy who spread the tour dates leak, and who was authorized by Tim Tournier after.

But yeah. Let's not, kiddies.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Marshall wrote:
DarkKnight12 wrote:
Marshall wrote:

Believe me - it was not planned that way.
It’s been that way for YOTT and A Dying Machine .. but maybe I’m wrong about this one ..

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Timotheus wrote:
Marshall wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
abw1987 wrote:I'd like to offer a friendly reminder that sharing copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited. This is particularly important leading up to and following the release of new material, as we wish to respect the band's timeline by not facilitating leaks.

TABN Admin wrote:11. This site is not to be used to share copyrighted studio recordings. Anyone caught sharing such files could be subject to banning. Sharing will NOT be tolerated at all. This includes ALL Alter Bridge studio recordings (live bootleg recordings are OK), all Creed recordings, all Mayfield Four recordings, all Tremonti recordings, all Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators recordings, all Projected recordings, and other bands involving Alter Bridge band members. Regardless of what band members may say about sharing, in the vast majority of cases, the record label own the rights to the studio recordings, and they are the people with the power to present lawsuits against websites.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks!
Coming from the guy who spread the tour dates leak, and who was authorized by Tim Tournier after.

A print seemed to be a legit thing to me at this point. I did not know this was an internal worker who leaked this thing which was going to be published a day later. So yeah - it was a fault and was deleted shortly afterwards. So I learned from this mistake. But it‘s no reason to start an argument...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Not an argument. Just amusement :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

THe funniest of things is that I have not heard the song. I just noticed someone mentioning it on some websource.

And all of a sudden I am turned into a kiddie who spreads smth?

Well thanks a lot, but keep me out of this discussion please.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Marshall wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Marshall wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks!

A print seemed to be a legit thing to me at this point. I did not know this was an internal worker who leaked this thing which was going to be published a day later. So yeah - it was a fault and was deleted shortly afterwards. So I learned from this mistake. But it‘s no reason to start an argument...

The ‘kiddies’ line was extremely smug and dickish, I wasn’t going to say anything but you’re kind of asking for an argument with that.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Arctic wrote:
Marshall wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Marshall wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks!

The ‘kiddies’ line was extremely smug and dickish, I wasn’t going to say anything but you’re kind of asking for an argument with that.
Yes - it is indeed a very harsh reaction. But every person who tolerates the discussion of this leak seems childish to me.
I'm apparently the only one with this opinion.

Please go on - don't take my way of expressing this matter too personal - but keep in mind who suffers damage.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I note the AB reddit, which shares two mods with this forum, has a whole thread basically just of people requesting it. Sky is yet to fall in, it seems.
For all of the hope that it brings...