AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Arctic »

I’ve always loved that AB never got overly political, and when they did it was pretty vague overall.

Also, ever since around 2015 or so, politics has really started to ruin the internet. I used to be a big Reddit fan, but it absolutely went into the toilet fast. Now you’ll be scrolling through the comment section on a post about toasters or something and some guy will be like ‘This is so typical of Trumptard conservatives, the Hitler Nazis.’ Finding a place that has zero politics is a relief.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Arctic wrote:I’ve always loved that AB never got overly political, and when they did it was pretty vague overall.

Also, ever since around 2015 or so, politics has really started to ruin the internet. I used to be a big Reddit fan, but it absolutely went into the toilet fast. Now you’ll be scrolling through the comment section on a post about toasters or something and some guy will be like ‘This is so typical of Trumptard conservatives, the Hitler Nazis.’ Finding a place that has zero politics is a relief.

Wouldnt mind a ban on the politics talk, it doesnt belong here imo

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

scarecrow wrote:
AB23 wrote:Damn, so we disagree about pedos? Because I think that they're not good!
Yeah, I happen to think Trump probably is one.

Thats so idiotic i dont even know where to start. Look up the stats on Paedophile takedowns since he has been President. He has already more than tripled it in 2 years more than Obama [ Who is a pedo i have proof ] did in 8. Look up the first thing Trump signed off on as President and his old tweets suggest he thinks the death penalty is what they deserve. Last thing i want to talk about here on a flipping AB forum

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Pretty sure Myles didn't say anything about pedos guys, so you can leave that shite at the door before you come in.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

LosingPatience wrote:
[ Who is a pedo i have proof ]
Are you retarded or just trolling?

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Mr. Slash wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:
[ Who is a pedo i have proof ]
Are you retarded or just trolling?
Could well be both. Here ladies and gents is my proof of the standard of political discourse. It's just one group of stupid football team fans yelling at another group. 'GO TEAM'... 'OTHER TEAM SUCKS'.

A general expression of dissatisfaction from Myles Kennedy at the state of things is perfectly valid and necessary if he feels as such and actually the lyrics of 'Pay No Mind' can be interpreted as damning the idea that people just want to ignore it all.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I’d have to disagree with Myles if that were the case. Ignoring it all is my right as an American. :)

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Legally, yes. Morally, perhaps not so much. Eventually we all become responsible for the state of our society.

scalthom
Brand New Start

Post by scalthom »

Andy92 wrote:I hope an interview comes out where Myles says he liked the new Avengers movies so much that he wrote a song about Thanos.

Is it not obvious he wrote Watch Over You from Thanoss perspective?

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

A big reason I like going to rock gigs & bars is that personal beliefs and preconceptions seem to matter so much less there. Everyone is welcome, life gets left at the door and those there enjoy sharing in the music. We all have this in common.
This new single has a cool sound. It's missing a 'hook' for me, however I like that it's different but still distinctly Alter Bridge. The mix is slightly muddy to my ear but - when you can hear them - Mark's backing vocals are sublime! Loving the drums too. Excited to hear more...

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

LosingPatience wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
AB23 wrote:Damn, so we disagree about pedos? Because I think that they're not good!

Thats so idiotic i dont even know where to start. Look up the stats on Paedophile takedowns since he has been President. He has already more than tripled it in 2 years more than Obama [ Who is a pedo i have proof ] did in 8. Look up the first thing Trump signed off on as President and his old tweets suggest he thinks the death penalty is what they deserve. Last thing i want to talk about here on a flipping AB forum
You're telling me the smoking gun has been with you the whole time. Well you need to turn that evidence over to the FBI so we can get that kiddy diddler off the street. #eyeroll #givemeabreak

Trump supporters (if the shoe fits here, wear it people. If you're a trump supporter and this doesn't apply then don't take it personal) love to talk about how the left are on a witch hunt against Trump, but won't get off Obama's nuts with absurd shit like this. Y'all are all crazy. That's why politics are so fucking stupid. Quit letting political spectrums tell you how you should feel and think. Think for yourselves jesus.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

(Cmon, keep it cool, you can help this thread come back to normalcy)

Does anyone know why the song isn’t on Amazon Music? Wouldn’t you rather is and the album is showing, just not this song.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

I really like the verse riff.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

PRS10Top wrote:(Cmon, keep it cool, you can help this thread come back to normalcy)

Does anyone know why the song isn’t on Amazon Music? Wouldn’t you rather is and the album is showing, just not this song.
Wasn't showing for me yesterday but is now, they do tend to be quite slow to update on there.
For all of the hope that it brings...

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Oh no, I went one day without checking this thread and when I come back it's drowning in pages of politics :mope

#notmyalterbridgenation

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

WaywardOne wrote:Oh no, I went one day without checking this thread and when I come back it's drowning in pages of politics :mope

#notmyalterbridgenation
I tried to bring some levity by linking an article where Shaq was in a moshpit at a EDM festival. Didn't work.

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

Stop it with the political shit already! Take that shit to the appropriate forum.

Greenster
Brand New Start

Post by Greenster »

Ooft! *instert* ‘That escalated quickly!’ gif :lol

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

jcrowe wrote:Please don't ruin AB for me with the crazy Trump hate stuff. Love politics and love debate, but damn it AB has never preached a political point of view upon us.. something I've always respected them for. Songs undoubtedly are influenced by their personal opinions, but they leave it vague enough for us to attach our own meanings to it. But damn it guys I feel like my happy place just had a giant fucking oil spill in it with the partisan back and forth. Lol. This is ABNation. Let's focus on why we, a very diverse group, are gathered here.
They have at least two songs that are explicitly about climate change, you doofus.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

LosingPatience wrote:
scarecrow wrote:

Please ban this moron.