AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Mr. Slash »

I really like the chorus and the bridge. This style is so fresh in comparison to everything we heard before from AB. Sadly they stuck with the basic mainstream rock song structure. They could've made easily a longer "epic" song out of that.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

That clipping is absolutely HORRENDOUS. I couldn’t even get through the whole song. They expect people to pay for this trash? This is a professional embarrassment. I can’t even judge the song because I can’t hear it. An unclear, clipped to hell, loud joke. This can’t be real.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:That clipping is absolutely HORRENDOUS. I couldn’t even get through the whole song. They expect people to pay for this trash? This is a professional embarrassment. I can’t even judge the song because I can’t hear it. An unclear, clipped to hell, loud joke. This can’t be real.
You listen to the leak version? lol

Song sounds good and clear to me through computer speakers.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

It’s like Im listening through your little comp speakers. I have 700 dollar planar magnetic headphones. I’m literally angry and upset.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

As a general rule for me...if i can't jam something through an aux cable in my car without straining to distinguish one instrument from the next, that's a big no-no. Do producers not actually listen to their stuff with headphones before they release a finished product that goes from sounding distant and muffled to sledgehammer in the ears with just a couple volume up flicks?
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:It’s like Im listening through your little comp speakers. I have 700 dollar planar magnetic headphones. I’m literally angry and upset.
Yea the current ab production is the kind where the listening experience in a way only gets worse with better equipment. Cause it exposes all the bizarre mixing blunders. Guys, i don't get it. It's genuinely depressing when one of your favorite bands puts out songs you know you'd jam all the time if it just sounded passable. The new ab production is up there with some of the worst production i've heard among a variety of genres and it's bothersome. Agreed, squirrel

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

^ seriously. I’m hoping this is just a low quality release and the CD will be better. But right now, they should be ashamed of putting this out.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

JGremore wrote:
psycosquirrel789 wrote:That clipping is absolutely HORRENDOUS. I couldn’t even get through the whole song. They expect people to pay for this trash? This is a professional embarrassment. I can’t even judge the song because I can’t hear it. An unclear, clipped to hell, loud joke. This can’t be real.
You listen to the leak version? lol

Song sounds good and clear to me through computer speakers.
This ^^^^^^ Sounds amazing, officially hyped now

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I like the direction here. The vocal melodies didn't grab me the first time through but the song is probably a grower.

Wouldn't You Rather is what it is; there's a lot more going on here.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

The opening is in fact quite evocative of John Carpenter.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Amazing? #delusional I low key wish I had your ears. Anyone defending this shit is a moron or pathetic fanboy. This is my last post. They lost a diehard fan. I’m literally in disbelief.

Thanks Elvis, you’ve done a great job sweetie.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Dan Dando wrote:Speaking as a UK conservative and someone who is more of a Trump fan than the opposite, I can't shake the feeling that Myles had Trump in mind when he wrote this song. Still enjoy it though :)
I hope he did, that would make me like it more.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:It’s like Im listening through your little comp speakers. I have 700 dollar planar magnetic headphones. I’m literally angry and upset.
psycosquirrel789 wrote:Amazing? #delusional I low key wish I had your ears. Anyone defending this shit is a moron or pathetic fanboy. This is my last post. They lost a diehard fan. I’m literally in disbelief.

it'll be okay bb

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Amazing? #delusional I low key wish I had your ears. Anyone defending this shit is a moron or pathetic fanboy. This is my last post. They lost a diehard fan. I’m literally in disbelief.

:wave

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:^ seriously. I’m hoping this is just a low quality release and the CD will be better. But right now, they should be ashamed of putting this out.

Holy damn, aren't you entitled and dramatic.

I'd think you need to take a step back and breathe in Taylor Swift's amazing words.

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

One song and you're gone? "diehard fan" my shiny robot butt. Glad AB got rid of an entitled person such as you.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

I won't go that far. My part on that just goes as far as my issues with the production. I have no interest in name-calling or anything. It's just music at the end of the day. But dang, AB. Love you guys. And i just wish the production was anything but this style. I personally can't get with it at all. Snarky Puppy and similar bands have just really ruined me lol. It just makes you pickier about sound quality. I still think i'll probably buy the cd and go on my usual drive to listen through it all. Hope it's a little crisper quality on there

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Heck, even the new Big Wreck song kinda bothered me a bit with the chorus production. I wish the bombastic style mixing didn't bother me but it does. Anywho i love that a lot of my current favorite musicians seem to not be slowing down at all. I want em all to write til they're 95

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

ROFL

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Btw the audio sounds 3x times better from the youtube video, on Spotify/Itunes/Google Music/Whatever doesn't sound that good.