AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

I wonder what kind of official video its going to be be? I highly doubt AB has the motivation to do two music videos in an album period and I've been liking the looks of their more recent lyric videos, so lyric video?

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

anguyen92 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:If this board has taught me anything, it's that literally anything the band could possibly do will be divisive.

I say they should sing whatever they're passionate about and just be genuine.
Well, you can say that about any band when the topics of either faith or politics come up. Then, when bands talk about stuff like relationships, love and happiness, people are like, "PFFFFFF, talk about something more substantial that matters to this world," which of course, the hot topics are going to be faith or politics and then we go back to square one.
Oh, I agree. My point was that they could and should sing about whatever they want, whether that be faith, politics, relationships, life, astronomy, their best friend's childhood poodle, etc. I don't see the purpose of limiting what you should write songs about.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Greenster wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:I always assumed Myles was left wing (though unwilling to say so in interviews) given songs like "Waters rising", "Bleed it Dry", & "Writing on the wall" criticizing climate change and doubters, the anti-racist message of "Calm the Fire", coming out as an atheist (ABIII), the condemning of religious zealots in "The Other side, and the "false messiah" Trump in "Show me a leader".
I always find it quite funny how bands can preach about climate change when they rack up around 50x air miles than the average person does. It’s quite hypocritical :lol
Ya man like why the fuck are they just not sprinting from venue to venue? You can't preach about climate change and also use practical and necessary tools to do your job at the same time.

Greenster
Brand New Start

Post by Greenster »

AB23 wrote:
Greenster wrote:
TheEndisHere wrote:I always assumed Myles was left wing (though unwilling to say so in interviews) given songs like "Waters rising", "Bleed it Dry", & "Writing on the wall" criticizing climate change and doubters, the anti-racist message of "Calm the Fire", coming out as an atheist (ABIII), the condemning of religious zealots in "The Other side, and the "false messiah" Trump in "Show me a leader".
I always find it quite funny how bands can preach about climate change when they rack up around 50x air miles than the average person does. It’s quite hypocritical :lol
Ya man like why the fuck are they just not sprinting from venue to venue? You can't preach about climate change and also use practical and necessary tools to do your job at the same time.
What are you on about? :lol they could easily do less touring if they felt that strongly about it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, and they could stop taking private jets.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Yeah and all the electricity that they use during their concerts? CAN’T THEY MAKE IT MORE ECO-FRIENDLY???

If your amps aren’t solar-powered then you’re an a-hole.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Aaaaaaand it’s now on iTunes.

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

If you have the Apple Music subscription, you can hear the song!

(Let me know if this ultimately was a mistake or isn't meant to be released - but it looks official)

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

AB23 wrote:Can you please provide evidence that Myles has not donated or contributed to philanthropic causes that he believes in?
I never said he hasn't donated. I'm sure he has.
AB23 wrote: Just because a musician writes lyrics that don't fit your narrative or specific ideology doesn't mean that the musician should stray away from that topic altogether. I'm sorry, that's absolutely asinine. Music is art. Art is the tangible form of an artist's expressions and thoughts. An artist is an artist, in large part, because of that creative flexibility.
I never stated that my standard was for bands to write to any specific milieu that I am partial to.
AB23 wrote:I hope every single unreleased song on this record is about global warming just so it triggers people,
That is an incredibly childish thing to say.

In your post, you managed to:

-Patronize
-Name call, and
-Put words in my mouth

All because I want AB to stay away from politics. Apparently, AB is allowed to express their views but I am not. Dare I say; because my views don't align with yours? Sound familiar?

Alas, it's taken all of a couple of hours for someone such as yourself to prove my point. Without Myles, we wouldn't be at odds with one another, other members wouldn't be at odds with other members and, thus, one can justifiably attribute blame to the political lyric writing of Myles or Mark or maybe both.

Finally, the sarcasm about them not using a tour bus or planes or even amps (lol): why not avoid these things? "Oh, they need a tour bus and they need an amp and blah blah blah" - yes, all of these would be helpful, but they don't technically NEED them. It's remarkably hypocritical that a band would holler about climate change and then continue to contribute to the problem. They could play acoustic shows in their home towns from here on out - bicycle to and from the show.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

It... Sure is a song... Gonna crank it on some real speakers before judging.

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

They should only play acoustic shows and bike to and from shows across the country, because they're hypocrites if they don't?
One of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read in my life, lol.
They can write a song or two about politics or climate change. I guarantee they've lost approximately none fans over the years because of it.
But, if you don't like it, don't listen. Just as others that wouldn't if they had that much of a problem with it, but I suspect that's literally nobody.
It's not like they're making entire political albums and climate change albums, plus some of these are just vague at best references to not one person/issue in particular.
TL;DR, it's not an issue.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Ok so now the song is out and we can leave the off-topic behind, I LOVE this new song, I really do, the only thing that i could dislike it’s how the song ends, but I love everything else <3

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

peapod0609 wrote: They can write a song or two about politics or climate change. I guarantee they've lost approximately none fans over the years because of it.
But, if you don't like it, don't listen. Just as others that wouldn't if they had that much of a problem with it, but I suspect that's literally nobody.
It's not like they're making entire political albums and climate change albums, plus some of these are just vague at best references to not one person/issue in particular.
TL;DR, it's not an issue.
It's not only not an issue, but it's so important that this message is spread everywhere through all kind of stuff such as music. This is what music does, it reaches people. Climate change is such an important topic that effects everyone on this planet, I really do not see how a songs about one of the undoubtely most important topics of our time could baffle anyone.

Edit: I am so looking forward to listen to the new song, but in Germany I think it has not been released yet.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

It's out and it's crazy

https://youtu.be/o_dNolzhErA

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Well...that’s a direction I never wanted AB to go in. But I’m very surprised by how good it sounds and how much I like it, I like it better than Wouldn’t You Rather!
Some tasty riffs in there, blends well with the ‘synths’ to be honest. Yeah, a very refreshing song I didn’t know I needed from AB. :-D
Last edited by fix on Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

It's also out in Germany now! Listened once, love it! The bridge before the third chorus is absolutely awesome, I mean... wow.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

im messing around with you, troops.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

I really like the intro, verses and bridge but can't help feeling underwhelmed by the pre-chorus and chorus. It's strange, I don't know how to articulate it. Hoping it grows on me like Wouldn't You Rather did.

On a general note, the synths are absolutely sublime. Even though the song hasn't totally captivated me, I'm far more excited for the rest of the album and find myself hoping that deeper album cuts have synths incorporated into them.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

I'm digging this song, the intro, verses, bridge... the synths are so cool. I only dislike the chorus and the ending could be better. They could change something about the ending when playing the song live.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

The best thing about this song it's how refreshing is, this is new AB sound and it worked great, i'm so happy about this.