AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by joshuabeau »

Also, i kind of figure they’ll release 4 songs before the album releases. So, if Pay No Mind does release Friday then we could potentially get a track on the second or third week of each month leading up to the album release.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

joshuabeau wrote:
Blackbirddd wrote:
joshuabeau wrote:So, looks like Pay No Mind will be the next track released. iTunes put the song length up and whenever they do that, means it’s coming out pretty soon.
I'm confused, I can see all of them.
I’ve noticed that some countries Itunes has all of the track lengths but the US doesn’t for some odd reason.
Oh that's it, hope we got another track soon

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

I would think that they wait until the end of the July and basically do 4 pre-release songs (one per month June-July-August-September). Wouldn't be surprised if we knew what 6 songs sound like (4 pre-release, 2 more from concerts) before the album releases. My guess is that we will know what "one life" is because it leads into wouldn't you rather and could be played before it live, which will definitely be played live before the album is released

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Kind of a weird theory here, but they re-realeased Open Your Eyes video today on their official YouTube channel. If they posted that today and release Pay No Mind Friday, do you think that could be a re-recorded old song?...like say... On My Way Now? Maybe changing lyrics or so?

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

JGremore wrote:Kind of a weird theory here, but they re-realeased Open Your Eyes video today on their official YouTube channel. If they posted that today and release Pay No Mind Friday or this month, do you think that could be a re-recorded old song?...like say... On My Way Now? Maybe changing lyrics or so?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

JGremore wrote:Kind of a weird theory here, but they re-realeased Open Your Eyes video today on their official YouTube channel. If they posted that today and release Pay No Mind Friday, do you think that could be a re-recorded old song?...like say... On My Way Now? Maybe changing lyrics or so?
That's one hell of a leap you've taken there, bud :lol Can't actually see on my youtube that they're re-upped it, but I'm guessing if they did it's just for a higher res version? But I like your bold thinking!

If Pay No Mind is getting released, looking forward to hearing people's opinions on it as it's one of the more synthy ones apparently.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I can't watch the video from Chile :( It is actually a higher res video?

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Ubik wrote:
JGremore wrote:Kind of a weird theory here, but they re-realeased Open Your Eyes video today on their official YouTube channel. If they posted that today and release Pay No Mind Friday, do you think that could be a re-recorded old song?...like say... On My Way Now? Maybe changing lyrics or so?
That's one hell of a leap you've taken there, bud :lol Can't actually see on my youtube that they're re-upped it, but I'm guessing if they did it's just for a higher res version? But I like your bold thinking!

If Pay No Mind is getting released, looking forward to hearing people's opinions on it as it's one of the more synthy ones apparently.
Very bold, but I like to think big :lol the quality is a little better but still 360p, nothing major to me, a little clearer but still grainy. It was the first thing that jumped to my mind when they re-released it randomly today. Don't ask me why, I'm most likely way off!

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Its the anniversary of the song's first release

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Never seen that music video before until now. Damn, Myles looks much younger fifteen years ago.

"We all do." Well, Mark doesn't... and Myles has a lot of youthfulness in his 2004 appearance, almost like just a kid grown up.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

We have some new lyrics via Brian on Facebook

"Here and now, in the clouds you have found your escape.

For all you give, it’s worth the risk.
At least you lived your own way. You’re on the line. Walking on the sky."

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Well, iTunes now has the times for In The Deep, Take The Crown and Pay No Mind so guessing those will be the tracks released before the album.

musthavefaith07
Brand New Start

Post by musthavefaith07 »

joshuabeau wrote:Well, iTunes now has the times for In The Deep, Take The Crown and Pay No Mind so guessing those will be the tracks released before the album.
Are those times longer than standard tracks? I dont have iTunes and I'm hoping for longer epics :rockon

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

musthavefaith07 wrote:Are those times longer than standard tracks? I dont have iTunes and I'm hoping for longer epics :rockon
Unfortunately, no they are not. :/ Here is the track times for the songs on the record for you.

1. One Life (1:23)
2. Wouldn’t You Rather (3:49)
3. In The Deep (3:50)
4. Godspeed (4:16)
5. Native Son (4:15)
6. Take The Crown (4:47)
7. Indoctrination (4:40)
8. The Bitter End (3:44)
9. Pay No Mind (4:16)
10. Forever Falling (5:10)
11. Clear Horizon (4:56)
12. Walking On The Sky (4:55)
13. Tear Us Apart (4:31)
14. Dying Light (5:46)

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Im not a fan of releasing 4 songs before a record is out. I really might try to not listen to them...

Oh who am I kidding i havent got the self control.
Thanks Timo!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Just from the titles (only of the songs whose current length is shown on iTunes), I’m most excited to hear Take the Crown.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, people that questioned the lack of board pics during the recording period may be a bit upset by this tweet. They were actually holding out on us on those pics.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 9343649792

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Maybe it'll sound like One Day Remains :shrug

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

AB23 wrote:Maybe it'll sound like One Day Remains :shrug
I hope it doesn't :shrug

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Post by Skywalker »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
musthavefaith07 wrote:Are those times longer than standard tracks? I dont have iTunes and I'm hoping for longer epics :rockon
Unfortunately, no they are not. :/ Here is the track times for the songs on the record for you.

1. One Life (1:23)
2. Wouldn’t You Rather (3:49)
3. In The Deep (3:50)
4. Godspeed (4:16)
5. Native Son (4:15)
6. Take The Crown (4:47)
7. Indoctrination (4:40)
8. The Bitter End (3:44)
9. Pay No Mind (4:16)
10. Forever Falling (5:10)
11. Clear Horizon (4:56)
12. Walking On The Sky (4:55)
13. Tear Us Apart (4:31)
14. Dying Light (5:46)
Remember, "Words Darker Than Their Wings" is around 5:40ish. The band can do epic songs, and not have them be seven or eight minutes. My guess is, Dying Light is an epic in that vein.
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup