AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Mr.Vlado »

Andy92 wrote:
scarecrow wrote:I'm always on my computer. :P
I’m pretty much always checking my phone so touché lol.

I just got frustrated after opening the site this morning to read two pages of negative comments before even hearing the song. No one here would see the band at a meet and greet and say “hey guys the new single sucks!”
To be honest, I find that even the first posts were rather mixed and not so negative at all. There were only very few people who didn't like the song at all. I think different perspectvies, initial reactions to a song etc make a forum worthwile.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah. Grab the rope and torches, lol
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Yeah. Grab the rope and torches, lol
Don't forget the pitchforks.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Lol. Hope we get one every month now. I'll have this wore out with my jogs this weekend.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Mr.Vlado wrote:
Andy92 wrote:

I just got frustrated after opening the site this morning to read two pages of negative comments before even hearing the song. No one here would see the band at a meet and greet and say “hey guys the new single sucks!”
To be honest, I find that even the first posts were rather mixed and not so negative at all. There were only very few people who didn't like the song at all. I think different perspectvies, initial reactions to a song etc make a forum worthwile.
I don't think it's bad, just pretty standard AB stuff with a less-than-desirable tinge of Slash. I hope the rest of the album is more inventive. I don't listen to half of ABIII but the other half is among my favorite material of theirs.

Mullet151
Brand New Start

Post by Mullet151 »

Finally got a chance to jam it and that intro is a banger much to everyone's agreement. One of the more powerful instant grab intros I can remember in a while. The chorus does grow on you and I am ok with not every chorus being a catchy AB type chorus. It is definitely different and I can appreciate that. The solo however felt very mark LH esq. Good solid enjoyable nothing new solo. I think its a solid song and am happy to have new AB to blast.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Anyone managed to decipher the lyrics/song meaning?

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

I listened to it really bad quality. The beginning sounded fantastic to me, but the chorus was kinda weird. Maybe a grower though.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I can’t really speak for the quality because I heard it on Octane and satellite radio always has a dropoff with it all being digital. It had the normal Octane radio compression stuff going on that every song on Octane suffers from on that platform.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Andy92 wrote:I hear “it’s okay not to like a song” every single time something gets released here.
So?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Blackbirddd wrote:
Andy92 wrote:I hear “it’s okay not to like a song” every single time something gets released here.
So?
So why keep listening to a band whose music you don’t really like anymore?
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Benjo, pretty sure it's a follow your heart and not trends/don't conform for the almighty dollar type of thing.

To thine own self be true.
Altered:

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Andy92 wrote:

Hey it’s a forum, you WILL find a variety of opinions, if you want to read only positive comments go to the ‘Army of 12’ group on Facebook.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Another little note...I love the little vocal melody hum Myles does after the first chorus.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It is indeed BY FAR the weakest first single they've ever released.
Elvis proves once again how incompetent he is, and the drums are annoyingly loud in the mix.
Show Me a Leader, which I never liked, sounds like a masterpiece compared to this bland new song.
If that's the catchiest song they had, it's actually pretty scary.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Andy92 wrote:

Wow, man, you must find it hard to wake up every day because some people might be negative about certain things. Not everybody here is a yes-man, and (thankfully) people have their own opinions without swallowing everything their idols happen to release.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Blackbirddd wrote:
Andy92 wrote:

Hey it’s a forum, you WILL find a variety of opinions, if you want to read only positive comments go to the ‘Army of 12’ group on Facebook.
and if you want to see people talk negative on every single thing come here? haha come on man...

Its ok to have an opinion, its ok to even be rude if thats how you wanna play it - but I have been here since ODR, so many of the same folks album after album saying the same thing... yet the band has changed soooo much in sound and sonics since the last album.. and the album before that.. and before that...so on and so on.

If you think this sonic sound like TLH you need your hearing checked.. I sat with Elvis and we did the side by side of this song to Addicted to Pain. I think some people confuse a mix with what the sound of the band is. Maybe thats what the issue is for you? like, honest question.

Sugar Blade
Bought The CDs

Post by Sugar Blade »

Where do you listen the song? I can't find it anywhere.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Just type it in at google otherwise check out reddit (hint hint)

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

I also love all the sound engineers and producers on this site lol would love to see 75% of ppl on this forum mix and master a song let alone an entire album.